Please stop…I beg of you…

Options

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that everyone who's gf automatically runs to some sort of cauliflower or banana omelette as a substitute for crust, bread, pancakes, waffles. Damn, I refuse to go for anything less then the best. I keep Alton brown recipe waffles in the freezer just in case, just a matter of substituting the right flour. They are not unhealthy, they're just no something I eat once a week. It's lunacy labeling a food as "unhealthy," the stigma gives it super hero powers.

Hi!
    Gluten free and not eating cauliflower for crust. I make real, hefty, carb-laden crust when I want pizza.
    Now that we've met, we can rag on 'everyone' else gf together :tongue:

P.S. if unhealthy food actually had super hero powers, I would be huge trying to make true the statement "you are what you eat".
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that everyone who's gf automatically runs to some sort of cauliflower or banana omelette as a substitute for crust, bread, pancakes, waffles. Damn, I refuse to go for anything less then the best. I keep Alton brown recipe waffles in the freezer just in case, just a matter of substituting the right flour. They are not unhealthy, they're just no something I eat once a week. It's lunacy labeling a food as "unhealthy," the stigma gives it super hero powers.

Hi!
    Gluten free and not eating cauliflower for crust. I make real, hefty, carb-laden crust when I want pizza.
    Now that we've met, we can rag on 'everyone' else gf together :tongue:

P.S. if unhealthy food actually had super hero powers, I would be huge trying to make true the statement "you are what you eat".

Coeliac here - never eaten cauliflower crust, never will. When I make pizza, I make sure it *doesn't* taste like *kitten*. That means real bacon, real salami and real cheese.

"Unhealthy food" is a description used by people with unhealthy attitudes towards eating.
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I feel stupid for trying making banana+egg pancake countless times to see what I did wrong because it didn't taste like pancakes :(
  • witeowl
    Options
    "Unhealthy food" is a description used by people with unhealthy attitudes towards eating.

QFT.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    -I- for one like the banana+egg pancakes and eat them daily. They taste like banana, but that's fine, because I like bananas. I have a little pure maple syrup on them, and delicious! But I certainly don't expect everyone to like them. I'm not the only one on the planet.

-I- also like cauliflower pizza crust AND regular pizza crust.

When I want a TREAT, I will eat the unhealthy variations of these junk foods. But if I try a recipe like this and LIKE IT, then I will keep making it. I don't like ALL of the substitute junk food, but I do like some.

So, you keep eating what you like, and I'll keep eating what I like. Why bother insulting others for trying to find cleaner versions of foods they like to have healthier bodies?
  • mel5989
    Options
    :laugh:
  • rlmadrid
    Options

QFT.

I also endorse this statement, though I still want superpowers from pizza.
  • reynolds33
    reynolds33 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like your two cents. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

QFT.

I also endorse this statement, though I still want superpowers from pizza.

^This. I also agree with the above statement.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I really love the point of the OP.

However, carrot fries really are freakin good, & I've been wanting to try that cauliflower crust thing lol.
  • debmphillips
    debmphillips Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Preach on!!!!!!!!!!! I do make every attempt to eat healthy, but life if life. Everyone should ABSOLUTELY enjoy their guilty pleasure on occasion & make up for it in other ways. This is a lifestyle not a punishment. I'll continue to eat my wings, pizza, Chinese, etc as I please just burn the calories off & eat better the rest of the week. :drinker:
  • kelliexu
    kelliexu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you have Celiac and cant have junk food such as "pizza" and lets just face it gluten free pizza dough is terrible... What do you suggest? Everyone has different taste and just because it may not appeal to your taste buds doesn't mean someone else doesn't love it. I am all about people making their thought public but let face it , any of the items you listed might be something someone can actually eat and enjoy. Have you tried any of the items listed?
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ibwaw2.jpg

One- im still obsessing over the thought of a pizza burger
    Two- i just learned how to post pics :) ha! Ok that's enough

A to the MEN! My hubby and I joke about this kind of thing all the time!
  • rlmadrid
    Options
    If you have Celiac and cant have junk food such as "pizza" and lets just face it gluten free pizza dough is terrible... What do you suggest? Everyone has different taste and just because it may not appeal to your taste buds doesn't mean someone else doesn't love it. I am all about people making their thought public but let face it , any of the items you listed might be something someone can actually eat and enjoy. Have you tried any of the items listed?

Lies! Try making it yourself, the store-bought stuff usually does suck.

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.ca/2011/02/gluten-free-pizza-crust-my-new-recipe.html
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I made the oatmeal banana cookies, then decided to add some chocolate chips. They still tasted like *kitten* so I threw in some sugar, honey, and wrapped a mini snickers inside. Perfect.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    At the same time, people cook up their spaghetti in 10 minutes, cook some minced meat in some canned tomato sauce for 15 minutes, put some horrific processed cheese on top, then call it Spaghetti Bolognese.
    I have never called anything "Spaghetti Bolognese" nor have I ever heard anyone in my 43 years, until just now, call anything by that name.:tongue:

You must not be very familiar with English cuisine then. It's a staple. I had a roommate from London for a while who made authentic Spaghetti Bolognese all the time, and it did take a ridiculously long time.
  • Shadowknight137
    Options

I totally 100% agree that GF pizza dough is godawful crap - the store bought stuff, anyway. Never liked it, never gonna try it again... But cauliflower crust? Um, no.
    There's no reason why a coconut flour pizza can't be enjoyed - they're actually pretty damn good, well, or I'm an awesome cook. Or both. :D

The only real problem most people have with most GF, non-vegetable (cauliflower/broccoli/etc) based crusts is - easy guess - the calories. GF baked goods have more calories than normal ones, even. Go figure.
    That doesn't make coconut flour pizza - hell, or even wheat based pizza - unhealthy vs something like cauliflower. It's all about taste preference. I'm fairly certain OP and most people in this thread know that - what really pisses most people (and myself) off is when what WE eat is considered "unhealthy" in the eyes of these "clean eaterz".

But yeah. Again, agreed; almond flour pizza tastes like glue. :3
  • Shadowknight137
    Options

Lies! Try making it yourself, the store-bought stuff usually does suck.

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.ca/2011/02/gluten-free-pizza-crust-my-new-recipe.html

:O

Thankyousomuchforthenewidea! :D

I've just been using coconut flour, four eggs and some Italian herbs and salt, but hell yeah I'll give this a try.
  • rlmadrid
    Options
    Almond flour pizza sounds gross!
    Hope you like that recipe
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Turd & Egg Pancakes

1 turd
    1 egg

Mix, fry in pan.

Kinda tastes like crap. And egg.

THIS made me laugh! Mostly because a mfp friend posted earlier that she ate 3 whole chocolate covered potato chips todat and they were delicious, and "is there ANYTHING that doesnt taste good in chocolate?!"

My reply? Maybe poo... but thats it.
    We were obviously channeling each other today...