Options

Replies

• rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Discrimination against big purses is like the holocaust! People are trying to get rid of all big purses on the subway because they're not as good as small purses... Oh, the humanity!

^^^ This! Yes, and anyone who disagrees should read up on the history of it. Sweeping general statements FTW!
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good for you for standing your ground!! You should write a blog, you are quite entertaining and very intelligent. Keep up the good work and for making you and better you!! :)
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would have played my 'bigness' against her. So like when she said 'I'll kick your *kitten*' I would have said 'You could TRY to kick my *kitten*, but be careful because my *kitten* will kick you back' hee hee always better answers after the fact
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to stand your ground!! You deserve to be proud of who you are, I applaud you :drinker:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Wow... this whole thread went off the tracks (see what I did there?!) all because people wanted to argue about who has the worst train ride. WTG!

What about the discrimination against big purses? What about that??!!!! The social unjustice!

Seriously! I'm going to write a letter.

Since this thread derailed big time anyway, I have to ask: just what in the hell are women carrying in bags this big? I carry a bag for work that has all my work stuff, wallet, phone, Day Runner, checkbook, you name it, and it is still one fifth this size:

Camilla-Staerk-Huge-Tote.jpeg
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Still doesn't change the fact that people treat obese people differently. Do you think its right?

Differently does not automatically mean disrespectfully. I'm sorry, but if you are too large to fit in the clothes in a particular store, then you don't get to shop in that particular store. It's not disrespectful - there are plenty of stores that serve the overweight community. You are different when you are obese, and that's not bad or wrong, that's just the way it is. This idea that everyone should be equal all the time no matter what is not helping the obesity epidemic, either.

I don't think that the original question was talking about clothing, but more likely referring to the fact that people tend to make snap judgments about others who are overweight or obese.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Wow... this whole thread went off the tracks (see what I did there?!) all because people wanted to argue about who has the worst train ride. WTG!

I win, btw. I live on the Green Line, the B at that :laughs:
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Love this!!
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    Can we be friends? I like your attitude!
  • MsTnjohn
    MsTnjohn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You my darling are a ROCK STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

What about the discrimination against big purses? What about that??!!!! The social unjustice!

Seriously! I'm going to write a letter.

Since this thread derailed big time anyway, I have to ask: just what in the hell are women carrying in bags this big? I carry a bag for work that has all my work stuff, wallet, phone, Day Runner, checkbook, you name it, and it is still one fifth this size:

Camilla-Staerk-Huge-Tote.jpeg

^ I don't know what SHE is carrying.

But in my purse (that's like a sixth of that lol), I've got at least one book, two small notebooks, wallet, wallet that has just random member ship cards (both wallets are the same size, it's those small Vera Bradley things), a mini hairbrush, a pair of socks, envelope of receipts, envelope of coupons, my checkbook, at least one pack of gum, a highlight, at least one pen, a mini cosmetic bag that has advil, nail stuff, tissues, the three things of make up I wear (which is like never), tampons, a phone charger, ipod cable, some bobby pins, business cards, my prescription advil, and my redneck rambo knife.

I've been told I have a mom purse. I also sometimes have a nalgene & snacks in there. =]
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Once you get toward the end of your MFP trail (journey is too corny) you will have so much more compassion when you stand next to someone having trouble keeping out of everyone's personal spaces and fitting into seats. This purse woman .... well you know. Having gone through your life, you're going to be the better person. You are the better person. You'll look at the skinny ones and spot the ones that never had to struggle with a different eye. You, the more powerful one that knows how to climb mountains, are better off.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for sharing. Proud for you and proud of you! Keep it up!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Discrimination against big purses is like the holocaust! People are trying to get rid of all big purses on the subway because they're not as good as small purses... Oh, the humanity!

We should make purses, and the people who wear them, a protected class.

BUT the rolling luggage people cannot be protected... if everyday you need to schlep in so much stuff that you need rolling bags rent a locker to keep your *kitten* in... Feel free to throw them onto the tracks
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lq1brje3JH1r1thdeo1_500_zpscdb82518.gif
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

There is ALWAYS and I mean FREAKING ALWAYS some tiny, underfed chick with a HUGE purse that will start some ish with me. Seriously.

Wait a sec? Sorry but I am one of those 'underfed chicks' you just discriminated against.... thing is...I used to be one of those 'fat chicks that should know better' like you 12 months ago. I can see now why I walk everywhere.......perhaps you should start that as well rather than having a go at someone for being an 'underfed chick'

PS.... I'm hardly underfed, in fact I eat MORE now than when I was a fatty..... I just work had to stay here. But I'm far from rude, unless you complain. Have a go at me for being skinny or underfed & I'll have a go back. But I'll never start anything.

She didn't have a go at her because she is an underfed chick. She said something to her because the woman told her to move out of her way. She wasn't skinny bashing. Also, in her post she said that her train ride was an hour long, so she couldn't walk to where she was going. I think you are reading too much into this.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

There is ALWAYS and I mean FREAKING ALWAYS some tiny, underfed chick with a HUGE purse that will start some ish with me. Seriously.

Wait a sec? Sorry but I am one of those 'underfed chicks' you just discriminated against.... thing is...I used to be one of those 'fat chicks that should know better' like you 12 months ago. I can see now why I walk everywhere.......perhaps you should start that as well rather than having a go at someone for being an 'underfed chick'

PS.... I'm hardly underfed, in fact I eat MORE now than when I was a fatty..... I just work had to stay here. But I'm far from rude, unless you complain. Have a go at me for being skinny or underfed & I'll have a go back. But I'll never start anything.

^^^There is always one in the bunch!!!!! YYYYYYYY do you have to steal somebody's moment???
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Wow, really? People amaze me sometimes. That's some of why I live in the South, where folks are friendly and there's no subway... Wait a minute, if someone reading is reading this, don't become insulted if you're from the North.. I don't want to start a war, just joking, really... But I hear you, cause I've got a pretty big booty and I'm always concerned about squeezing in somewhere and irritating someone. She needs to take her huffing and puffing and stuff it somewhere! Good for you for not taking the "ish" and standing up for yourself. Completely enjoyed your post. Thank you!! And I wish you immense success in becoming healthier!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

We should make purses, and the people who wear them, a protected class.

BUT the rolling luggage people cannot be protected... if everyday you need to schlep in so much stuff that you need rolling bags rent a locker to keep your *kitten* in... Feel free to throw them onto the tracks

Hahaha. You really do take the PATH every day!