For Vegans / Vegetarians only.

Options

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    But if we weren't supposed to eat meat, then why did God make bacon so tasty...?

See, this is the crap I'm talking about. Like it's funny the 80000000000 th time. Grow up.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    oh geez. this really gives vegans a bad name.

i'm in it for peace, love, equality for all beings. not to put down others.

i'm a vegan because i enjoy helping others, including animals to have a better life. my reason for being vegan is because i don't think anyone deserves to die for another's pleasure. survival is another story. i am vegan because i feel it's the least i can do to be the change i wish to see in the world. :flowerforyou:

so please, don't think all vegans are self righteous. and other vegans- please don't start these threads because they go nowhere.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    As many have said, live and let live.
    Insulting and judging other people's food choices is an exercise in futility.
    Eat what makes your body do best.
    For some it's meat, for some it's no meat.
    No biggie.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    But if we weren't supposed to eat meat, then why did God make bacon so tasty...?

god? :laugh:

Yes. I believe in God. You seem to find something about that humorous?

And I believe in the equality of all animals, but you found my beliefs funny.... Oh.... I'm sorry, do you not me treating you as you treat others? Some christian.

For the record, I am Agnostic, but here we go anyway.

First, she didn't say she was Christian.
    Second, 'dominion over the fish of the sea' and all of that.

Translation: 'On the Eight day, God said bring me some bacon you self-righteous Vegan *kitten*'.

ETA: I know of at least two record holding powerlifters who are/were devout Christians. So yeah...there's that.

Some Christian sects have interpreted that part of the Bible as reason for being vegan, actually. SMH. I totally took the bait here...but this is one of my all time favorite vegan cook books:

http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Heavenly-Monastery-Vegetarian-Cookbook/dp/0028612671
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

i'm a vegan because i enjoy helping others, including animals to have a better life. my reason for being vegan is because i don't think anyone deserves to die for another's pleasure. survival is another story. i am vegan because i feel it's the least i can do to be the change i wish to see in the world. :flowerforyou:

so please, don't think all vegans are self righteous. and other vegans- please don't start these threads because they go nowhere.

<3

I'm just having fun with it.
    And also, I intend to tell the world about beaver *kitten*!

We must put an end to this disgusting practice of sneaking beaver *kitten* into otherwise yummilicious fruity tasting treats!!!!
  • assilembob
    assilembob Posts: 18 Member
    Options

And this is what I'm talking about...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Just because I find it hilarious, and have yet to meet a Vegan who can actually conquer this article in any way, here it is:

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html

Be warned, it's NSFW, but it slaps around almost every point made here, my favorite is his part about 'Famous Vegan Athletes'. I'll put that part here for those who don't want to actually read the whole thing, since it really shows the point I was making earlier:

"Wherever you find a vegetarian website, you'll find the same dumbass list of vegetarians and vegans trotted out for you. The list, as you can imagine, is just as wrong as feeding soy formula to a male baby is- horribly, horribly wrong. Bill Pearl and Andreas Cahling are held aloft as two bodybuilders who ate no animal protein and yet succeeded at their sport. These two men, however, ate a ****ing boatload of animal protein at every meal. They might not have been sitting down to a steak that'd choke John Candy's fat *kitten* to death, but Pearl ate a couple of dozen eggs a day and drank ****ing GALLONS of milk a day, while Cahling ate nothing but open faced goat cheese sandwiches.(peep it) Mind you, Cahling was a ****ty bodybuilder, but that's beside the point. Tony Gonzalez abandoned veganism after a month of sucking, and Prince Fielder became a vegan after reading SB promptly (only to be blasted in the press as his batting average dropped lower than his daily protein consumption) In addition to these guys, you'll find a comprehensive list of about ten other people, of whom you've likely heard of none, and for good reason- they've not done anything worth knowing about. Thus, the argument that people flourish on this diet is invalid, as they'd have much more than a list of ten people, and far more accomplished people, at that, to proffer as proof of the legitimacy of this diet. Oh, and to the ten people who are going to shout : "Mac Danzig could kick your *kitten*!" SUCK IT. If a 140 lb vegan would kick my *kitten* in the octagon, I suppose I'd deserve the beating I received."
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

<3

I'm just having fun with it.
    And also, I intend to tell the world about beaver *kitten*!

We must put an end to this disgusting practice of sneaking beaver *kitten* into otherwise yummilicious fruity tasting treats!!!!

They're yummy with beaver *kitten*, rather than otherwise. I think by itself okra is vile on a number of levels, but I don't think it spoils gumbo
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

If you don't want people to think vegans are self righteous, then maybe reword your self righteous comments. I am eating this way because thats how we are designed to. Because I feel better this way than eating meat. I think if you're a carnivore, kill and eat the meat you need! Thats life. They go nowhere because trolls come in to do what they do best... troll.

I purposely wrote this knowing idiots would come in here pushing their ideas. Thats why I said "vegans and vegetarians". If you eat meat, then why would you come in here? just to cause trouble. Simple as that.

My gf, co-workers, best friends all eat meat. I never tell them it's crap for them b/c I occasionally will have some too... When they do comment on my diet I will set them straight with science and biology.

I think the info is good for vegans to know- those who do it "so i can help the environment" don't seem to get this.

I understand meat eating people's ideas. brainwashed for their entire lives. I am sure I'm brainwashed about other things, but I was able to listen to vegans, and really learn from them. The problem is many are not willing to accept that what they thought to be true their whole lives to be wrong. How did you think I felt when at 28, I realized my diet was not the "ideal" diet for my species. same ****.

Watch Jamie Oliver's food revolution. I feel like he does when he is trying to explain to those lunch ladies who are so close minded. Most people can't see that they are close minded, but if they see someone else being that way, they can, so go watch that show. fyi it's not about not eating meat. he makes chicken :)
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting.. so refreshing to read .. so many people get it. :)
    Been vegetarian for over 20 years.. never looked back either..
  • ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

And I believe in the equality of all animals, but you found my beliefs funny.... Oh.... I'm sorry, do you not me treating you as you treat others? Some christian.

Equality of animals? Sorry to break it to you, but animals aren't equal.

Interesting you assumed I'm Christian.
  • DrLabRat
    Options
    Oh good grief...

In my opinion, it's a bad idea to assume that someone is "uneducated" and "misinformed" when in truth their only "sin" is that they disagree with you.

I happen to be very educated and well informed on human health and disease (though my specialty is brain, not teeth and diet). I have chosen my life style. You've chosen yours. Why not live and let live? Why must you puff yourself up with not-really-science? Why must you try and tear different-than-you down? It's silly. And you accomplish nothing.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Equality of animals? Sorry to break it to you, but animals aren't equal.

Interesting you assumed I'm Christian.

Some people don't think black people or women are equal...js
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

If you don't want people to think vegans are self righteous, then maybe reword your self righteous comments. I am eating this way because thats how we are designed to. Because I feel better this way than eating meat. I think if you're a carnivore, kill and eat the meat you need! Thats life. They go nowhere because trolls come in to do what they do best... troll.

I purposely wrote this knowing idiots would come in here pushing their ideas. Thats why I said "vegans and vegetarians". If you eat meat, then why would you come in here? just to cause trouble. Simple as that.

My gf, co-workers, best friends all eat meat. I never tell them it's crap for them b/c I occasionally will have some too... When they do comment on my diet I will set them straight with science and biology.

I think the info is good for vegans to know- those who do it "so i can help the environment" don't seem to get this.

I understand meat eating people's ideas. brainwashed for their entire lives. I am sure I'm brainwashed about other things, but I was able to listen to vegans, and really learn from them. The problem is many are not willing to accept that what they thought to be true their whole lives to be wrong. How did you think I felt when at 28, I realized my diet was not the "ideal" diet for my species. same ****.

Watch Jamie Oliver's food revolution. I feel like he does when he is trying to explain to those lunch ladies who are so close minded. Most people can't see that they are close minded, but if they see someone else being that way, they can, so go watch that show. fyi it's not about not eating meat. he makes chicken :)

BACK OFF, dude.

She is the queen of vegans!

You are being unneccessarily rude to someone you don't even know.

...and wait,...did you just say you eat meat???? WTH ARE YOU DOING IN A THREAD FOR VEGETARIANS!?!?!?!?!?
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Seriously dude, one vegan to another, get off your soapbox, you're just making things worse.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

Seriously dude, one vegan to another, get off your soapbox, you're just making things worse.

He isn't vegan. He eats meat. Read what he wrote!!!
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Great read! I didn't know Einstein was vegetarian.... May I also add that there's so many professional MMA fighters who are vegetarian! Not to mention plenty of other pro athletes...

I've been vegetarian for my entire life and would not have it any way. Not only for my health but because I will never support the meat industry for the sake of animals.

I don't bother arguing with meat eaters though because they will never understand! If they choose to put that filth in their bodies andbelieve tthere's no other way of life, then so be it...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Now you're basically trying to turn a species argument into something race/sex based? Not sure if serious....
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Now you're basically trying to turn a species argument into something race/sex based? Not sure if serious....

I wasn't trying to make an argument. I was JUST SAYING.