Please stop…I beg of you…

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    So what is the general opinion of protein powder ice cream? Is it worth a shot?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    859688_o.gif

I'm guessing people who don't like these topics also don't like Lewis Black.

Lewis Black is the ****ing man...that is all.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    So what is the general opinion of protein powder ice cream? Is it worth a shot?

Its not "ice cream" though...

Blended frozen treat? Yes. I'll be having some later. :)
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Amen to that!
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Except that cauliflower pizza crust is da bomb. Srsly

yup! pain in the butt to make but gooooood!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I like substitutes ....

here I have substituted muck and mud for chocolate and mashed up dark biscuits

dirt-cake.jpg
    Dirt Cake

Am I doing it right?
  • kitty_764
    Options
    If I squeeze a cauliflower and it drips, can I log that as water?

LMAO!
  • RachelFrost1
    RachelFrost1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll eat what I want to eat, and you eat what you want to eat. I think we know which one of us will be the healthier one.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness:

Why does it matter?

If I like spaghetti squash and want to share a good recipe, why should you care that it doesn't taste like spaghetti?

Personally I am all for trying new foods and recipes that are healthy. I'm not going to make myself believe that mashed cauliflower tastes like mashed potatoes or zucchini tots are JUST LIKE tater tots but I'll give both a chance and if they're good then yes. I will use them as a substitute and if they're nasty then I just won't make them again and I won't make a post about how nasty they are and beg people to please stop because someone might like it.

To each their own. Seriously. If you don't like it then don't eat it.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    because people come on here and say "try this alternative, it tastes just like the original" when infact it tastes nothing like the original.

its fine if you like it, its fine to post recipes, but dont say something is an alternative to another when it quite obviously isnt.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'll eat what I want to eat, and you eat what you want to eat. I think we know which one of us will be the healthier one.

Oh we do, do we?
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    The only one I've tried is the banana/egg fritters...My one year old & my German Shepherd liked them just fine. I guess some do like banana scrambled eggs :P
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crust? I am so down with trying that! I personally love finding substitutes that work for me. Both because I am generally meat-free in my life and because I am watching calories and eating healthy. Sure, there is REAL pizza crust out there with REAL flour and oil being used. And sure, I sometimes indulge in that. But the rest of the time I am looking for healthy choices that taste good! So bring on the alternatives!!!
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    I'm totally logging exercise for the amount of laughing I've exerted reading this thread.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

We both will, because we're both eating what we want.
  • onepillarofsalt
    onepillarofsalt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Also, spaghetti squash tastes nothing like spaghetti, and your family WILL notice the difference.

Seriously. Women at work say, "I can't even tell the difference between this and regular pasta!" and I think, "if I couldn't tell the difference between that and regular pasta I would go to the doctor because it'd have to be a tumor causing such a horrific impairment!"
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Also, spaghetti squash tastes nothing like spaghetti, and your family WILL notice the difference.

Seriously. Women at work say, "I can't even tell the difference between this and regular pasta!" and I think, "if I couldn't tell the difference between that and regular pasta I would go to the doctor because it'd have to be a tumor causing such a horrific impairment!"

I'm sure they can't tell the difference once they've dumped six jars of Ragu 'omfgwtfflavoristhisevensupposedtobe?' on it.
  • brownmousemama
    brownmousemama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The quasi-food recipes are the herpes of MFP…there is an outbreak almost daily.

Mashed up banana + egg does NOT equal a pancake…it is an omelet…a nasty, fruit-based omelet.

Mashed up banana + oats does NOT equal a cookie…it is some weird form of oatmeal.

Mashed up cauliflower does NOT equal a pizza crust…it is an abomination.

Adding buffalo sauce to cauliflower does NOT equal a buffalo wing…this too, is an abomination.

Please, please stop trying to make junk food healthy…if I want to eat a buffalo wing, I want a piece of chicken slathered in tangy BBQ sauce. If I want a pancake, I want something I can smother with syrup. If I want pizza, I want it to be on a crust made of gluten-filled goodness. If I want a cookie, I will drown a double-stuffed Oreo in a glass of milk (real milk…from a cow).

Splurging once in a blue moon is not a sin. I will not go to hell for it. I will go to hell for finding wildly inappropriate things hysterically funny.

YES! I just don't get all the "It tastes like real bacon!" things that people tend to say about healthier options of foods that are fatty and full of calories. I'm going to eat good food, I'll just eat less of it.
  • Lyonsgurl
    Lyonsgurl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    how do you make cauliflower crust???
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    WUH-EVUH! WUH-EVUH! I DO WHAT I WAWNT!

tumblr_m6o7n1u7VP1r3yp7bo1_500.gif