The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options

Replies

• determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with air popped kernel popcorn. NOTHING.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hey, anything posted on the Internet has to be true...

And where did I find this out...

On the Internet....
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    What I find helpful is looking for clever substitute dishes...something like this:

tumblr_lvjyriqPb81qa6tqxo1_500.jpg

ERMAHGARD! CHURKEN NURGERTS!

(Yeah I recycled it, and I thinks it's twice as funny this time around!)
    http://exoticwhitepeoplefood.tumblr.com/

You had me at "Dr. Who hitting the protest button."
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My favorite is that people think this thread is serious.

Hey, this is Food and Nutrition, it's serious bidness!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Jof, did that play out the way you expected? I myself was surprised by the amount of people who still thought you were serious even though you said you weren't on the first page of posts.

Honestly, no. I know Poe's Law is ultimately the reason, but I honestly thought I included enough clues from the beginning. Sure, I later edited out the soliloquy-esque "editor's comments" from the OP, but it was quoted at least once on the first page.

However, I also didn't do what *I* expected to do. I had originally intended to demonstrate the "correct" way for an OP to respond when their "facts" are challenged...but...I just couldn't do it. Apparently, my preferred method...nay, my *only* method of communicating here is through sarcasm/hyperbole. Geesh, maybe I really *am* just a mean person.

(If anyone needs me, I'll be sitting over here in the corner in quiet introspection.)
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options

How mean. You should have just not posted anything at all. If you don't like my list, why did you even read it?

Everyone on MFP is so mean. I thought we were all here for the same reason, motivations and supports. I'm feeling neither motivations nor supports.

You said it wasn't your list. Now it is? We're not being mean, we are disagreeing with the crappy article. You should be happy to know that eating those "evil" foods will not make you stop losing weight or magically make you fat. That's a good thing!
    That does it. I'm done with this thread.

bye.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Hey, I didn't write it. I just copied it from an article full of facts that I thought might be helpful. Sure, not everyone will find it helpful, because some special snowflakes can eat whatever foods they want and never gain weight, but regular people might find the answers they're looking for in this list.

Geesh, some people are so mean.

Thumper's father has a few words of wisdom for some of you. I blame your parents.

Choice A it is then I see. Carry on. :drinker:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    "fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye"

Haha yeah right. I live off rib eye when I can afford it and I'm losing weight like crazy. I have to substitute butter for my fat when I eat leaner cuts or I get bingey after a couple of days.

I actually do avoid most of the rest (I'll kill anyone who takes my coffee away, though), because it works very well for me.

Oh, and is it just me or did it miss a crucial piece of info on alcohol, namely those evil, evil alcohol munchies?
    Yeah I eat rib eye too. I find I can't eat more than 3oz of steak at one sitting anyhow. It boggles my mind at how restaurants serve 8oz steaks. Puke.

Oh heck. I can put a 24 oz. Porterhouse down. No lie. With the bread, salad, and some of the gigantic potato. Ask my sister. She's on here. Actually, she may enter this thread on her own when it posts to my page. I love me some steak... 3 oz. is just a bite. :p

You are just beautiful.:flowerforyou: I like mine with some butter melted over the top...ohhhhhhhhhhh.
  • ralphjames399
    ralphjames399 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Actually the coffee has health benefits. You might want to do some research. Along with Dark Chocolate and a glass of red wine. Being thin does not equate to being healthy. Fact
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    You will pry my burgers from my cold, dead hands. And my chocolate too.

And I use whipping cream and coconut oil in my coffee. I like fat. And chocolate. And hamburgers (although I make them with ground turkey)... and I eat them with pickles, darn it. And full fat mayo. Oy. I'm going to hell.

^^^^^ THIS!!! LOLOLOLOL!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

How mean. You should have just not posted anything at all. If you don't like my list, why did you even read it?

Everyone on MFP is so mean. I thought we were all here for the same reason, motivations and supports. I'm feeling neither motivations nor supports.

You said it wasn't your list. Now it is? We're not being mean, we are disagreeing with the crappy article. You should be happy to know that eating those "evil" foods will not make you stop losing weight or magically make you fat. That's a good thing!

bye.jpg

I knew it was just a matter of time before the mean people showed up with their gifs.

And this isn't my list...it's an article full of facts I found on the internet. I just referred to it as "my list" here because I ultimately posted it in this thread. Honestly, you people are saying so much crazy stuff, I can barely keep track of anything at this point.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sugarless candy, designed for diabetics, who once in a while want a taste of sweet go through you like a torpedo.
    I was doing an art show at a mall and bought some at the very nice candy store.
    Not a good day. An experience never to be repeated!
    After the cleanse, you get the opposite reaction. The torpedo just sits there for a week!
    The chemicals are worse than the sugar. Buy regular candy and gum and learn to discipline yourself.
    Others have succeeded. I am still working on it.
    Actually the sweeteners are usually maltitol and xylitol which are naturally present in small amounts in lots of foods. But yeah, if you have, say, two of the candies it's a major colon cleanser.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Jof, did that play out the way you expected? I myself was surprised by the amount of people who still thought you were serious even though you said you weren't on the first page of posts.

Honestly, no. I know Poe's Law is ultimately the reason, but I honestly thought I included enough clues from the beginning. Sure, I later edited out the soliloquy-esque "editor's comments" from the OP, but it was quoted at least once on the first page.

However, I also didn't do what *I* expected to do. I had originally intended to demonstrate the "correct" way for an OP to respond when their "facts" are challenged...but...I just couldn't do it. Apparently, my preferred method...nay, my *only* method of communicating here is through sarcasm/hyperbole. Geesh, maybe I really *am* just a mean person.

(If anyone needs me, I'll be sitting over here in the corner in quiet introspection.)

There, there big guy. Would it help if I called you a facist? *reassuring pat* You can respond to that without sarcasm/hyper-whatever-you-said.

*ETA: One more reassuring pat.*
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

bye.jpg

I knew it was just a matter of time before the mean people showed up with their gifs.

And this isn't my list...it's an article full of facts I found on the internet. I just referred to it as "my list" here because I ultimately posted it in this thread. Honestly, you people are saying so much crazy stuff, I can barely keep track of anything at this point.

You see, now you are just digging yourself a big hole and then blaming everyone else as you crawl in :sad: :sad:
  • chylo1
    chylo1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Foods you shouldn't eat:

1. Food that causes an allergic reaction
    2. Food that makes you sick
    3. Food you don't like
    4. Food that isn't really food
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Foods you shouldn't eat:

1. Food that causes an allergic reaction
    2. Food that makes you sick
    3. Food you don't like
    4. Food that isn't really food

What he said!
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    All of the above ( in the original psot/list of foods) is wrong, plain and simple, i am proof of it. Eat what ever the heck you want to eat. it doesn't matter what you eat, really and honestly, i bet i could lose weight eating cheesecake and only cheescake. sure thats an extreeme and likely not healthy for nutritional reasons but its true!
    Calories in vs calories out and creating a deficit, thats all that matters to lose weight. Yes there should be some thought given to nutrional balanced diet and yes you cant eat as much of things as you may like but that doesn't mean you cant have them. In fact i am a firm believer that you are only sabotaging yourself if you dont eat some of the things you want and crave but you have to make them fit with in your caloric intake that is required to lose weight. If i want to eat something that is beyond my caloric intake i run an extra mile, or eat smaller portions of the other things through the day to make the room.
    GAHHHHH posts like this drive me round the bend :laugh:
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here sipping on my coffee, with artificial sweeter, and some milk (oh can we bring up this battle too?), reminiscing about my delicious white-flour-bagel, bacon, pickle sandwich.... I begin to think about lunch, which will be a Mexican torta with a "fatty" cut of steak, more white-flour bread, refried beans, other stuffs, probably some tortilla chips to go with it....

Seriously, that list is insane. Everything in moderation. All of that will still be in my calories and macros for the day, and I'll be exceedingly happy. And I'll still lose weight... soooo yeah.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I know people are attacking the OP. I personally already had most of these things in my mind as foods I should not eat. But of course, we love some of them, so that can't be done! In my "healthy lifestyle" nuts are unsalted, I have pasta max once per week (gone gluten free as much as I can) and stay away from fast food end of story. Minimum amount of processed foods. Does tofu count as one? Or soba (buckweat) noodles? That is all my "processed" stuff for tomorrow, and to me what I eat tastes amazing and keeps me full and happy and healthy as much as possible.

I think people need to stop being so horrible and see the OP is trying to help. Having these as sometimes foods is fine, but lets face it - they are almost all super processed or salty or sugary, not natural for us.

But who can deny chocolate and cake (sometimes)? :P

p.s. oh bring it, attack me already. I really don't care what people think anymore - healthy lifestyle for me is far from just calorie counting.

edit: Um people, are you only here for weight loss? What about health? These days I honestly think I am the /only/ person who worries about trying to be healthy on these forums :(