The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Ooo, this thread reminded me that I have to pickup stuff to make fried pickles tonight. I would have forgotten without this post. :flowerforyou:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Here's an article I found on the internet that I think everyone should know about. I don't know if everything on this list is true, but maybe it will help you. I found it at http://www.nowloss.com/foods-not-to-eat-when-trying-to-lose-weight-dieting.htm (Yes, I know, people don't always cite their sources, but I just can't plagiarize.)

"The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW when trying to lose weight are…

Chipotle
    Sushi

A little unhappy with this list because these are two of my favorite foods.

:sad:
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ok silly question but why is popcorn on the list of stuff not to eat?
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    TLDR.gif
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love a lot of those foods though! I just watch how much of it that I eat.
  • Bbells89
    Bbells89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Crap. There's nothing left. Has anyone invented bacon flavored air yet? Nevermind. They fill balloons with air, and those are pretty dang poofy. I'll just sit here and hold my breath til I die then.

.......well, that didn't last long, so I guess I'll just have to keep doing what I'm doing <sips coffee>

This ^^^
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you all are being so unsupportive of the OP. He provided you with an article from the internet that is filled with extremely useful information. Why do you all have to hate!?!

OP, good luck on your journey and please ignore all of the haters.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    My favorite is that people think this thread is serious.

THIS!!!! I have lost count of all my facepalms :laugh:
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you all are being so supportive of the OP. He provided you with an article from the internet that is filled with extremely useful FACTS. Why do you all have to hate!?!

fixed it for you
  • MrClean55
    Options
    Most of what is on that list is correct....but remember like anything else you can eat some foods on that list...just do it in moderation. I give myslef at least one day a week to cheat. So when I decide to eat steak I can eat the ribeye....remember one good day doesn't make you skinny and one bad day doesn't make you fat. Avoid these foods the majority of the time...but take time to eat what you crave from time to time so that you can continue to stay on track while rewarding yourself once in a while. So enjoy a treat now and then:) Good luck
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Here's the point....some of you are going to take this list as a MUST some aren't. I appreciate the OP recommendations but there are some things I am just not going to give up. But I will print the list and try and stay away from as much as I can. One thing I will NOT eat is bananas. My favorite fruit but I have had two dr tell me that for my body type they will just help me gain weight. We are all different and all lose weight differently.
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Pipenny
    Pipenny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Apparently you want me to starve to death :sad:

Ha ha ha!!... I was thinking the same thing!!!
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Honey is a natural anti inflammatory. I personally believe it good for you. All things in moderation.
  • ChristieNJFitnessAddict
    Options
    I'm so happy I read this article because that's everything I started doing on Monday. The only problem is the processed meats. I still pick up those lean turkey burgers but I make sure no sugar is added and the one I have says that it's only made of turkey meat. Honey has been a tough one to give up though because I love it in my ginger tea.

Thanks for the info. Haters will always hate. When they continue to remain over weight and say why... you can't say I didn't inform you of the info. This article is factual. I started doing all the and the pounds are coming off in a healthy way and I'm not starving :)

Thanks man for the info!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you all are being so supportive of the OP. He provided you with an article from the internet that is filled with extremely useful FACTS. Why do you all have to hate!?!

fixed it for you

Nah... meant unsupportive.
  • andrewm1982
    Options
    Coffee is on the list too... 3 calories a cup can't be that bad.
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I couldn't disagree with this anymore than I disagree with it.
    Here's an article I found on the internet that I think everyone should know about. I don't know if everything on this list is true, but maybe it will help you. I found it at http://www.nowloss.com/foods-not-to-eat-when-trying-to-lose-weight-dieting.htm (Yes, I know, people don't always cite their sources, but I just can't plagiarize.)

"The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW when trying to lose weight are…

You need to stop drinking regular & diet sodas. Quick fact: If you replaced a 20oz bottle of soda with water daily… You would easily lose up to 35 pounds in one year so if you're addicted to soda - go here to see how to stop drinking soda so…
    Drink more water, Drink more sugar-free vegetable juices (like V8), Drink more Green Tea and…
    Cut down on or try to stop drinking alcohol. Quick fact: Alcohol is basically the refined juice of natural foods which makes it a drink of pure concentrated sugar that will make you gain fat easily and…
    AVOID the grocery store snack aisle - Stop eating potato chips, popcorn, cookies, candy, ice cream, cakes, etc. The ingredients in these foods make you want to eat more and the companies who make these snack foods know you'll stay addicted to them (even after you gained lots of weight eating their snacks) but…
    The companies don't care if you gain weight because of their snack products as long as they make their money off YOU and if you're addicted to snacks - Read 30+ ways to curb your cravings for snacks, salt & sugar
    You need to make a strong effort to cut down on your salt & sugar intake because too much salt & sugar causes you to gain water weight making you look fatter than you already are and…
    Avoid processed foods as much as possible because the processing of these foods removes all the stuff that helps you lose weight and replaces it with stuff like sugar, corn syrup and hydrogenated oils to make you fatter so…
    Read food labels and avoid anything that has sugar as it's main source of carbs or has corn syrup & hydrogenated oils as ingredients and…
    Don't be fooled by the term "Multigrain" since it's just a fancy word for processed carbs and choose "Whole Grain" products only and…
    Here's a bigger list of Foods NOT to eat when trying to lose weight…

Fried foods
    Hamburgers & French fries
    Table sugar
    Plain Jam
    salted nuts
    smoked nuts
    refried beans
    Baked Beans
    Chocolate Fudge
    Candy
    Toffee
    Gums
    Boiled sweets
    Mint Sweets
    Liquorice
    Honey - Honey has minimal nutritional value & has the same calorie content as sugar.
    Soft drinks
    Tinned fruits
    Chutney
    Pickle
    bacon
    sausage
    cured meats
    ham
    fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye
    Puddings
    Corn syrup
    Fruit juice - It's better to eat raw fruit instead of fruit juice because fruits contain more fiber and the juice will always contain more sugar than the actual fruit.
    Cake
    Bread made with white flour
    Soda pop, such as Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.
    All baked goods made with white flour
    Coffee
    Biscuits
    Fast foods
    Pasta made with white flour
    Canned fruits w/added sugar
    Most packaged cereals
    Alcohol can slow your metabolism down by 73%
    Potato chips
    Popcorn
    Cookies
    Ice cream
    Cakes
    Pies
    All deserts
    Artificial sweeteners like Nutrasweet, Equal, Sweet N Low, Sweet Twin, Sugar Twin, Splenda, Sunett & Sweet One
    Most bottled green teas have more ingredients in it to help you gain weight than the actual green tea itself to help you lose weight.
  • professorRAT
    Options
  • professorRAT
    Options

fixed it for you

Nah... meant unsupportive.

lol. oops, missed that one. At least it is clear that these are FACTS, though. Sooo many broken sarcasm meters