The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options

Replies

• serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'll play. I resolve to give up the "boilded sweets" . That's where I'll start. I'll get back to you on the rest.

Sounds like a good start. I'll join you.
  • serenapitala
    Options
    This thread is ignorant. Have fun with your restrictive diet, let me know how that works out over the next few years.

Who me? Oh, okay...uh, yes, indeed, I will most certainly let you know how things turned out for me.

Making a note in my calendar for 2/13/2015...

...update...MFP...on how...things are...working out...now.

Okay, done. Looking forward to it.

Well played.
    Really, the whole thread was well played.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Epic humor/ troll post jof!! Can't believe afer 10 pages, there are people still reacting as if you were serious!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Option A: Why are you all so mean? If you don't like the facts I posted, then just leave and don't post anything at all.

or

Option B: Maybe it isn't absolutely essential for your success that you don't eat any of the foods on this list. Perhaps I should have done some more reading first.

Option A is the usual "go to" 'round these parts.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Coffee is fine if you don't down it with freaking loads of creamer and sugar like most people do. Most of these foods can be eaten as long as it's in moderation.
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i got hungry reading the no list hahaha (not funny really)

:laugh: me too!!
  • serenapitala
    Options
    i do not understand.

it says no salted nuts, nor smoked nuts. what about unsalted, unsmoked nuts?

What about salted AND smoked nuts?

the plot, it thickens.

You two seem very fixated on this particular item.

Did you not even read the other equally important things on that factual list of facts?

I did, but they were irrelevant to my interests.

Touché
  • melissa_fitdiary40
    Options
    Fruits and veges here I come!!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Option A: Why are you all so mean? If you don't like the facts I posted, then just leave and don't post anything at all.

or

Option B: Maybe it isn't absolutely essential for your success that you don't eat any of the foods on this list. Perhaps I should have done some more reading first.

Option A is the usual "go to" 'round these parts.

And if you go with option A..you can then create a NEW thread and throw a tantrum about how mean everyone is!

It's like buy 1 get 1 free!
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Saying I can't have things, makes me want it more :wink: I'm doing okay managing weight loss right now with out too many heavy restrictions, just really watch what I eat and count calories plus exercise. Can't give up on all my naughty foods :smile:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    In my world there are 3 food groups: animals, fat - lots and lots of fat, and produce.

It's simple. Eat real food (food doesn't contain ingredients; food is an ingredient. A bunch of foods cooked together is a recipe).

There isn't anything on that list that is food. They are industrial commodities, pseudo-food, franken-food, crap. Whatever you want to call it. But none of it is food.

Food is steak (ingredient: steak)
    Food is blueberries (ingredient: blueberries)
    Food is eggs (ingredient: egg)

And I still enjoy the occasional crap. I mostly eat for fuel. Every so often I will eat for pleasure/entertainment.
  • melissa_fitdiary40
    Options
    [/quote]
    Not giving up my coffee...you can pry it from my dead cold hands
    [/quote]

LOL :laugh:
  • mats613
    mats613 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    um, im gonna eat all of that. thanks.

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCOLATE!!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    What was the purpose of this thread? To make a point? Teach a lesson? Poke fun?

Is it successful when those that "get it" disparage those that don't?

Satire doesn't work if your audience doesn't realize it's satire. At some point it just becomes contempt.
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    well DUH! Most of that stuff you could wrap up into the following seven:
    SOY
    CORN
    Gluten
    Sugars/Articial sweeteners (except Stevia)
    Eggs
    Dairy
    Peanuts.

Get rid of all of that and you will lose weight.......
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    well DUH! Most of that stuff you could wrap up into the following seven:
    SOY
    CORN
    Gluten
    Sugars/Articial sweeteners (except Stevia)
    Eggs
    Dairy
    Peanuts.

Get rid of all of that and you will lose weight.......

Those seven sound a lot like another diet..........
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Satire doesn't work if your audience doesn't realize it's satire. At some point it just becomes contempt.

That, sir, depends on who is your target audience.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

this seems to be a personal thing you may want to work through as the rest of us are participating without issue.
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    I get most of it, but why not nuts again, just solely the fat content? What if you're young and healthy with no cholesterol problems? I didn't read all the comments haha