What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Being elderly, I feel that I am not up to speed on a couple of things I picked up in this thread like what does "bump" mean

"bump" is a way of marking your spot so you can pull up the thread again under My Topics. That way if you want to read it again or see additional responses where you left off you won't have to search for the thread again.
    It also 'bumps' the topic to the top of the message board list :)
  • denisemroth
    denisemroth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have found my hip bones! They're really kinda cool too! And my husband also likes them :wink:
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Buuuuuuump, keep 'em coming!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    What remains of my moobs no longer jiggle.
  • aprilkats
    aprilkats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've never been a normal weight. Not since maybe 8 years old. I'm 100% committed now and I can't wait for some of these!
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread ever.

I am just getting started, but I am already feeling more energetic and really benefiting from the combination of eating better foods, exercising regularly, and only drinking alcohol occasionally.

Continued success to all.
  • caseypaige84
    caseypaige84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My feet got smaller! Went from a 9/9.5 to an 8.

Oh I hope this happens to me. After having 2 kids my feet grew a full size. It's hard to find cute shoes when your a size 10.
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump this for future reference.

After my modest loss of 11 pounds, I'm surprised by how angular my face is. I keep thinking "geez, has my chin always been that big?"
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Not to point out how poor I am....but my mattress needs to be shot and buried. You can feel the springs poking through and It didn't bother me when I had more fat on me. Now that I'm skinnier the springs actually hurt, especially where my ribs and hip bones are. Ouchies I have to lay just right now to fall asleep comfortably.

I Don't have to go to the plus size section anymore

My sexy hooker boots are too big now, are no longer skin tight instead they are bunchy and very unsexy

I've learn how to use a leather punch on my belts

I have tons of energy now and my health problems have improved greatly!

I am able to be more bedroom activities with my husband.
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    These are awesome keep em coming!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I would think the improvement with all the weight loss is better sex. i could be wrong. but that is one of my motivations lol.

Me too...Sex with the lights on would be nice :laugh:
  • shardonay91
    shardonay91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a migraine since I started. The migraines must have been cause by some thing or too much of something in my diet. I also have not had a low blood sugar incident since I started. Thank you MFP and all MFP friends!
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Just how much better i already feel ... more energy... more awake... just feel good ... hopefully it can only get better
  • Barbara48
    Barbara48 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You made me laugh out loud. I too look forward to those events, but it sounds funnier when you say it.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am finding out that I can fit through those metal spinner things ( I have no idea what they are called!! LOL) that lots of stores seem to have at the front door. I dont feel panicked when I sit down in a flimsy looking chair at a party-like a lawn chair. I know now I am no longer the fatest person in the room. I can buy clothes I like, not just cause they fit. I no longer feel like a turtle on its back when I am on the flloor doing sit-ups. I am no longer embarassed to kneel down and pick something up, I can get myself up without struggle. I have only lost 45lbs with 40 or so more to go, but this is what I have noticed already. I cant wait to see what happens when I get to my goal.

And I forgot to add that when I go out shopping, I dont get ignored anymore. I actually get asked if I need help with anything. The new found confidence you get is amazing. I actually want to go places with my husband and not hide myself because I dont want his friends/co-workers feeling sorry for him, or him being embarassed because of how fat I was. Sounds stupid I know, but its true lol. (My husband isnt like that, its what I thought)
  • Dani76babi
    Dani76babi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited for these things!! I can't wait to get more weight off!! :D

Although, just last night I had one of these kind of stories. I've only lost 22 pounds so far, but last night I was walking up to check my university mail. On my way up a pizza delivery car passed me. I checked my mail like usual and as I headed back down, I saw the pizza delivery car parked close by. No one else was out at this time. Suddenly I heard from inside the pizza delivery car a male voice say "dayyuum, Are all you college girls so fine?!?". I just kept walking without saying anything, not sure how to react. I've never had that happen to me before. I feel like it was a compliment, but I never expected to start hearing cat calls!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at how easy it was. That I didn't have to cut calories very low to lose. And I'm amazed at how much I eat to maintain, too. :heart:

It was hard when I made it hard. When I cut calories too much. Eating properly, it was almost effortless. The hardest part was getting in the habit of regular exercise. And even that felt good.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have lost around 18 pounds to date. I love Watersports and in my 20s and 30s did them all the time. Now in my early fifties I am getting fit again and recently really enjoyed my holiday. Scuba diving was fantastic and I was the last one up out of a group of 8 people all younger than me. I did not get cramp once even though I feel the cold more when diving to 80 feet. I joined the aqua aerobics class and had fun and made new friends. To the outside world I am still fat but I am learning so much. I can't wait for my next holiday and am aiming to drop another dress size. It is not all about the scales. I am never going to let myself go again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!