Added benefits of eating vegan

Options

Replies

• jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    BS? classy. go through what people have wrote on here and see how many people have said just on here alone how theyve gotten sick and how they had to start eating meat to feel better. and you know whats BS is that no one can leave anything alone. if someone doesnt have the same views as you its "wrong". I also find it to be hilarious that because i post the food pyramid, and physiology and explain that not all animals are abused its like bursting your bubble, but when someone comes on here and says they got sick and were close to death from YOUR LIFESTYLE you guys just ignore them and pretend like it wasnt said but ohh no watch out for the dreaded nutritious food pyramid! this is exactly why people dont like vegans.

I didn't read past the first line. If you're so "classy" yourself - be the bigger person and leave the convo. It's obvious we can't help your cluelessness or we can't be saved by you. One or the other. I would suggest learning how to debate both better and logically. Also don't be the first to insult. It usually doesn't show much class. After reading your first response I knew I was dealing with someone who needed some ediquite lessons. (you know... Vegans don't have developed brains b/c lack of meat, but what's your excuse?).

FYI - know why no one takes you seriously? It's because you base your decisions on one off occurrences. Please don't be ignorant. We can all see it. Use it as some constructive critism.
  • tina711x
    Options
    "added benefits of eating vegan" theres also "added negatives of eating vegan" so now people that were interested in veganism and have seen this are emailing me asking me the side effects of veganism and what it means to have a healthy lifestyle which is exactly why i was here in the first place, and now to work with them one on one to create a healthy diet/exercise plan- my work here is done! oh and sorry to be so mean, but had to get my point across ;) in a place full of vegans its tough to be the only meat eater! but you guys stood your ground good for you.. stay healthy bye bye! have a nice life :)
  • jjrichard83
    Options
    "added benefits of eating vegan" theres also "added negatives of eating vegan" so now people that were interested in veganism and have seen this are emailing me asking me the side effects of veganism and what it means to have a healthy lifestyle which is exactly why i was here in the first place, and now to work with them one on one to create a healthy diet/exercise plan- my work here is done! oh and sorry to be so mean, but had to get my point across ;) in a place full of vegans its tough to be the only meat eater! but you guys stood your ground good for you.. stay healthy bye bye! have a nice life :)

Smartest thing you said! I'll shorten it for everyone : there are good and bad benefits to both vegan and meat eating diets for humans! Take your pick on what benefits & negatives when you choose your diet!
  • jjrichard83
    Options
    The law and general society also find it okay to kill your families killers family in some countries. American law (in most places) also bans people selling sex even though its proven as safer for everyone to legalize it. Just because things are generally accepted doesn't make it right! Years ago the general accepted idea was the earth was flat & we came from some guys rib who just couldn't resist temptation.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    As I have said previously, vegan is a preference for me but I don't eat vegan because of my family's desire to eat meat and diary - which I respect.
    I do support people who wish to investigate vegetarian or vegan diets and, as I have said in this thread, it doesn't necessarily guarantee good health, but the evidence suggests that most people on a vegan or vegetarian diet are healthier than their non-veg or vegan counterparts. See my posts above for references.
    Here on MFP, I support everyone's choice. Most people here are attempting to implement a significant lifestyle change and I respect people's dietary choices.
    What I don't respect is when someone begins to troll a thread to aggressively push their own agenda and back it up with misinformation. To be clear, the title of this thread is "Added benefits of eating vegan" not "Added benefits of eating non-vegan ".

I apologize to anyone who was offended by my calling out of one of Tina's posts as "BS".
    kind regards,

Ben
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of Lent for those who are catholic and everyone in my family typically gives up something they love to do (smoking or eat), so this year I am giving up all meats. Any good sites out there where I can find good balanced vegan dishes to cook? Also, what do you do with the gas and bloatiness that I hear you get with bean dishes?
    beano is for that. if you are giving up all meats you do not have to go all the way to vegan. you can stop at vegetarian and have more food options, just google vegetarian recipes and most regular recipe sites have vegetarian sections and so do some restaurants on menu's. easier, just sayin'.
  • mmk2988
    Options
    In India, we have came across the term "Vegetarian" not "Vegan". I thought both were same, after reading an article on Vegan Diet, it seems something different from what I understood previously.
    I am happy with my Vegetarian diet including Milk and Pulses. Most of the South Indian foods along with Rajasthani Pulses give good protein and fiber. Carbs is high, but without any exercise this kind of diet also leads to weight gain.
  • tina711x
    Options
    by the way "swimfan" have you seen the movie swimfan?? is that where you got your name from? nice, it portrays your personality perfectly!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    by the way "swimfan" have you seen the movie swimfan?? is that where you got your name from? nice, it portrays your personality perfectly!

I'm a fan of swimming, you absolute moron.
  • SwimFan1981
    Options
    Come on Ashley, we already got rid of one quack- please don't tell us we traded one for another....

No one is saying they are better than you. What they are saying is you're opinion (although right to you) is very flawed.

Please take us up on the offer and watch one of many videos online of factory farms. Might open your eyes to that industry. I know it did mine. I am no longer ignorant about this topic. We all need to learn somewhere.

Ignoring it doesn't make it any less true. These animals you consume are abused almost every day of their lives one way or another. Not all, but most. We all contribute to it btw it's not just meat. Chocolate is a bad industry that abuses people for things we consume too. Equally as bad.
    Your opinion (all though right to you) is very flawed.

I've watched the videos. I really don't care. I eat halal (nothing to do with religion, I am agnostic and my family have a christian background) due to the way the animals are kept and killed, so the meat other people eat doesn't really impact me.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your
    If I had any respect for you it would now be gone

Out of sincere interest, why Halal?
    Mostly the fact that they are stunned prior to being killed. There are many other reasons I won't go into but I only buy meat from one company because I know how they slaughter their cows, sheep & chickens. However if I go out for a meal once in a while, I just enjoy it, I don't stress over it.

It's good to be able to track down to source. Are you British by any chance?
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Come on Ashley, we already got rid of one quack- please don't tell us we traded one for another....

No one is saying they are better than you. What they are saying is you're opinion (although right to you) is very flawed.

Please take us up on the offer and watch one of many videos online of factory farms. Might open your eyes to that industry. I know it did mine. I am no longer ignorant about this topic. We all need to learn somewhere.

Ignoring it doesn't make it any less true. These animals you consume are abused almost every day of their lives one way or another. Not all, but most. We all contribute to it btw it's not just meat. Chocolate is a bad industry that abuses people for things we consume too. Equally as bad.

I've watched the videos. I really don't care. I eat halal (nothing to do with religion, I am agnostic and my family have a christian background) due to the way the animals are kept and killed, so the meat other people eat doesn't really impact me.

Mostly the fact that they are stunned prior to being killed. There are many other reasons I won't go into but I only buy meat from one company because I know how they slaughter their cows, sheep & chickens. However if I go out for a meal once in a while, I just enjoy it, I don't stress over it.

Australian; why do you ask?
  • jjrichard83
    Options

Have you watched how they stun them? Yes very humane!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Or just a pic with you holding sign of the name of the thread wpuld be easier.
  • jjrichard83
    Options
    its funny because if you saw the way i looked you would be completely surprised. .

I don't think I would be. You have to be angry for a reason... Genetics and family life might have had a thing or two. But that's for you and your shrink, not me.

Take care and see you next Tuesday!
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

The spelling of "realised" :laugh: I'm British...where abouts in Oz? I'd love to travel around Australia, I'm in Taiwan at the moment, heading back to the UK soon :grumble:
    Oh haha. I'm in Melbourne. Australia is amazing, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, you should definitely visit :) Oh, and there are some amazing vegan restaurants who even my non-vegan-self can't resist :'D
  • SwimFan1981
    Options

The spelling of "realised" :laugh: I'm British...where abouts in Oz? I'd love to travel around Australia, I'm in Taiwan at the moment, heading back to the UK soon :grumble:
    Oh haha. I'm in Melbourne. Australia is amazing, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, you should definitely visit :) Oh, and there are some amazing vegan restaurants who even my non-vegan-self can't resist :'D

Your amazing weather would be enough for me!
  • tina711x
    Options
    i know where you live richard... and im coming for you with a cheeseburger.. watch out..
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    Awesome thread! Anyone have a good alternative for greek yogurt? I love it and it's the one thing that really keeps me from going vegan...

Just go vegan and still eat it. No need to give ur self. Title to define yourself anyway ;)

Then she wouldn't be vegan she'd be vegetarian......vegan isn't really a title it's a life style.
  • tina711x
    Options
    that is great that someone wrote that.
This discussion has been closed.