Jillian M. 30 Day Shred -Before & After's

Options

Replies

• asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    I did 60 days of 30 DS. Five days on, weekends off. One week at level one, two weeks at level two and final week at level three.

During this time I lost 15lbs and 17inches.

AMAZING results!
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I only had a 2lbs loss but I feel stronger!

Front
    jan14front.jpgday30front.jpg

Side
    Jan14.jpgday30side.jpg

Side Up
    jan14armsup.jpgday30up.jpg

Bend
    Jan14bend.jpgday30bend.jpg

Back
    Jan14back.jpgday30back.jpg

Flex
    jan14flex.jpgday30flex.jpg

Amazing job, friend!!! Proud of you you killed it!
    Ps love your ink!
  • mrsartis1
    mrsartis1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi to all who did and does 30 day shred, is it the only thing you do? aside from watching what you eat? I feel like I just died. I just did the nth time of the 1st day of the shred. Hopefully, I can make it this time.

When you get sore, do you still do it the next day?

BTW, my push up sucked :(
  • 5auce
    5auce Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi to all who did and does 30 day shred, is it the only thing you do? aside from watching what you eat? I feel like I just died. I just did the nth time of the 1st day of the shred. Hopefully, I can make it this time.

When you get sore, do you still do it the next day?

BTW, my push up sucked :(

I walked everyday. Starting out I did about 1.5miles a day and it took me anywhere from half an hour to 45 minutes (sooooo out of shape.) By the end I was walking 4 miles 45-50 minutes. I also pretty much did the modified version the whole way though, still can't do the whole thing with weights. I did it even when I was sore, thanks ibuprofen!

I'm doing a second round right now but this time I'm doing each level twice a week with a rest day (and continuing to walk).
  • Ntoriousydc
    Ntoriousydc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?

you can go to walmart and get a set. i use one now, and when i get stronger ill use 2 and then 5. i think you work your way up, but if you havent done much with your arms, start at 1.

I didnt buy new weights, I went on the wine rack in my kitchen and a glass bottle of 75cl of wine weighs about 3 ppounds! depends if you have wine to spare i suppose! 2l milk bottles also weigh about 4lbs.
  • CanadaKarin
    CanadaKarin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I didn't know which weights to use and started with 8lbs!! eek! so when I went down to 5 lbs I thought it was easy! anyways,,,your body does get used to it....one thing I would do if 5lbs got too hard is just use one weight,,in the exercises it will be pretty obvious where you can just lift one weight instead of two and also yo ucan alternate arms,,like do one squat and raise right arm and then on next arm just raise the left.

Good luck! Also, 10 days at each level is a little boring! so I did 7 days on each and am now back to doing 2 days at each of the 3 levels to finish off. It is amazing to see how much stronger I am on level one after 3 weeks doing the other levels!!:)
  • CanadaKarin
    CanadaKarin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy these short intense workouts,,they are done before you know it!
  • andreamossy
    andreamossy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am wondering how you guys are able to do this workout the next day! I workout regularly and have tried 30ds a few times but I am always so sore the next day (as well as anothe one or two after that) that I can barely move my body let alone atempt those squats again! How do you guys do it? and does your body start to feel better (less) after doing this workout consecutively??
  • KaraLikeCareuh
    KaraLikeCareuh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 3:
    x2_zps472431b2.jpg

Day 20:
    extra_zps3ea8e40a.jpg

Thank you for sharing these!! I am doing the 30 day shred as well and now I have hopes that I will be able to tone down and possibly get rid of some of my tummy!
  • buckslayer85
    buckslayer85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    good job
  • KaraLikeCareuh
    KaraLikeCareuh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I only had a 2lbs loss but I feel stronger!

Front
    jan14front.jpgday30front.jpg

Side
    Jan14.jpgday30side.jpg

Side Up
    jan14armsup.jpgday30up.jpg

Bend
    Jan14bend.jpgday30bend.jpg

Back
    Jan14back.jpgday30back.jpg

Flex
    jan14flex.jpgday30flex.jpg

May be only 2 lbs but you can definitely see a difference! It has definitely toned you up!
  • buckslayer85
    buckslayer85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    u must had gain in muscle u look like u loss alot good job
  • SylarsMom
    SylarsMom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea. Thanks.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am wondering how you guys are able to do this workout the next day! I workout regularly and have tried 30ds a few times but I am always so sore the next day (as well as another one or two after that) that I can barely move my body let alone attempt those squats again! How do you guys do it? and does your body start to feel better (less) after doing this workout consecutively??

I used to work out a lot (collegiate athlete) and I remember whenever I would re-start circuits/cycles, I'd be sore for the first few days. The biggest hurdle I had to overcome was just starting that workout on the second, third, fourth, etc. day was to convince/remind my brain that my stiff muscles would loosen up a few minutes into the workout and that the soreness (which was only evidence that I'd gone too long without working out) would eventually dissipate. You've heard those trainers yelling things like, "Push through it?" That's the approach I have to take with the soreness-stiffness. If, during the workouts, I just feel too sore, I modify the workout a little to accommodate the soreness--and on the other hand, if I'm working out and I don't feel just a little soreness, I feel like I'm not pushing hard enough.

Don't give up. You can do it. Push through.
  • kmd613
    kmd613 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi, I am wondering how you guys are able to do this workout the next day! I workout regularly and have tried 30ds a few times but I am always so sore the next day (as well as another one or two after that) that I can barely move my body let alone attempt those squats again! How do you guys do it? and does your body start to feel better (less) after doing this workout consecutively??

I used to work out a lot (collegiate athlete) and I remember whenever I would re-start circuits/cycles, I'd be sore for the first few days. The biggest hurdle I had to overcome was just starting that workout on the second, third, fourth, etc. day was to convince/remind my brain that my stiff muscles would loosen up a few minutes into the workout and that the soreness (which was only evidence that I'd gone too long without working out) would eventually dissipate. You've heard those trainers yelling things like, "Push through it?" That's the approach I have to take with the soreness-stiffness. If, during the workouts, I just feel too sore, I modify the workout a little to accommodate the soreness--and on the other hand, if I'm working out and I don't feel just a little soreness, I feel like I'm not pushing hard enough.

Don't give up. You can do it. Push through.

Absolutely. You will be sore as HELL, but once you are about 5 minutes into the work out you will be fine. I found with each level the soreness goes away after about Day 4. Good luck!
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?

Stick with the 5lbs at first and gradually build up to using them if you must. I just started on yesterday and I used 10llbs and felt good with those.
  • pakona
    Options
    WOW... I need to get in on it ASAP...
  • pakona
    Options
    Day 3:
    x2_zps472431b2.jpg

Day 20:
    extra_zps3ea8e40a.jpg

This is REALLY amazing, that's in less than 20 days... I need to get in on it pronto...
  • leannevoutsinou
    Options
    I'm on L3D4 of the Shred and have to say, I'm not seeing any results in my body or clothes. Feeling disheartened! I hope I'll have lost inches,judging to the photos the rest of you have put up!
  • jennybean1985
    Options
    I tried it once and wanted to die... it's definitely a reality check for how out of shape you are, lol. I survived the whole thing (surprisingly), and the next two days my quads were burning and sore. It was a nice reminder that it was working! The reason I only did it once is because I injured my back and wanted to make sure it was safe to do with a herniated disc... I think I only struggled with 1-2 things, but made some minor adjustments to help my back. I plan to do this every day... perhaps starting tonight. wish me luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!