breakfast...the most unhealthiest meal of the day..

Options

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    EXCUSE ME!!!!!! You might not want to hear what I have to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. Here it goes: BREAKAST is the MOST IMPORTANT Meal of the day. The reason for this is, if you don't eat Breakfast it only makes you eat more at your next Meal. That's one reason.

Ok, you're so sure. Prove it. Looking forward to reviewing the peer reviewed studies you will post. BTW, as you may have gathered, some of eat more all day if we eat breakfast. I am one of those people.

Take a look at the article that was posted earlier. It actually gives a rationale for why the OP is right and you are wrong.
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I try to get a little cardio in before breakfast i think it helps with the fat burn, its not the easiest workout to get thru, but i make sure i have some oatmeal or a little something to start the day after. Has anyone tried to workout without having breakfast and do you see results?

I always go to the gym/ for a run when I first get up, never eat before because I tend to want to get my exercise out of the way. I've lost weight just fine but on the rare occasion I do go in the afternoon after I have eaten I do seem to have a lot of energy.. but it might be because I'm not half asleep! Guess you can do whichever you prefer, I always like to get my workout done out the way!

Also, in terms of this thread in general, I have found myself to be more successful to have breakfast, but I have it mid morning when I actually get hungry, I used to wait to this time and have biscuits or chocolate. I guess different people work different ways. It also depends what you choose to eat. People become obese because of the choices they choose to make just like we are choosing to become healthier!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I try to get a little cardio in before breakfast i think it helps with the fat burn, its not the easiest workout to get thru, but i make sure i have some oatmeal or a little something to start the day after. Has anyone tried to workout without having breakfast and do you see results?

I always do a little light cardio before breakfast - I let the dogs out of kennels and collect the eggs up. I dunno if it helps though.
  • kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether it's a geographical thing i.e. where I live, but I've never heard of breakfast being referred to as a healthiest or unhealthiest meal. It's often referred to as the most important meal, which is a different thing altogether. It's 'healthiness' depends on what it contains, not what time of day it is.
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    I think it depends on what one eats for breakfast.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day....for kicking you out of fat burning from the overnight fast.
  • irishguns
    irishguns Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I agree! Let's talk about ALL the other factors our overweight culture throws in there. Personally I have to eat breakfast or I will crash, burn and take everyone with me before 8:00 in the morning.
    LOL!!!!!!! given the length of the candy and chips aisle at the grocery store, I don't think it's bfast that's making everyone fat. Not to mention the two or three dozen starbucks and fast food places i pass on the way to work. it's about choices and moderation, and eveyone is entitled to do what they wnt to do so skip bfast if it floats your boat. i jog in the morning so i get really hungry a few hours later and have steel cut oats or greek yogurt after my second patient of the morning, and that holds me until lunch. anyhow i try not to care what all the other fat-arses are doing, i only care about my own fat *kitten*. and i need breakfast or i'm a wicked beeyotch.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It’s an interesting theory but I’ve never seen any research linking breakfast and obesity. If you've got any studies I'd love to have a read..
  • calisunrise
    Options
    i've only skipped breakfast once in my life and every time i tried to do it again, i nearly fainted.
    never been obese or anything close
  • mmapags
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day....for kicking you out of fat burning from the overnight fast.

Can I get an AMEN!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Can I get an AMEN!

AMEN
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well if it bothers you so much why do keep coming back to this thread?? And no kidding people who have diabetes or hypoglycemia have to manage thier intake. Do you really think stating that consitutes "well spoken and informative posts". Do you really think that people generally don't know that. Maybe you should let others be the judge of whether your posts are so well spoken and informative.

PS: Don't hurt your arm there while patting yourself on the back! :tongue:
    What I've said before had nothing to do with blood sugar issues :huh: As I said, that post was in response to what other people had already been saying in regards to that issue. I'm not the only one who's spoken to that subject. Have you jumped on everyone else who has brought it up? You jumped on me calling me "butthurt" for speaking about something which others were already speaking about, yet just from another angle (the hypoglycemic one instead of the diabetic one) and I simply wanted to say that I wasn't just pouncing in here "all butthurt" like you declared me to be. That I was already discussing this thread prior to that post. Perhaps you should just relax.
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow... Your all still going! Love it... Going to do some kettle bell swings now lol
  • MandySparklePants
    Options
    They say this because they are thinking of the people who skip breakfast and then binge all day because they feel like it's okay or just have bad eating habits. Not people who skip breakfast and do everything else right the rest of the day. IMO
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    eat stop eat....lean gains...i think in some ways it is right, but then I found myself eating uncontrollably after.

well let me be honest I did it when I was eating breakfast too. :cry:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Avoid the "IHOP version" of breakfast, and make healthy choices, and breakfast is fine. I recommend beef jerky. :laugh:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I dont think obesity and eating breakfast are directly linked - as in stop eating breakfast and you wont be fat - obviously eating 5 burgers for breakfast is not a good idea - but something sensible like 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with low fat topping or fruit and yogurt or bowl of non sugared cereal is fine.

Not eating breakfast does lead to concentration lags during the morning and for some people mid morning binges.

People like diabetics on medication must eat breakfast to avoid hypos.

I dont think your theory is very sound.

why not? Everyone says that breakfast is the most "healthiest meal" of the day. But most of the people eating breakfast are obese. You know who is selling that breakfast is the healthiest meal line...the companies that are selling you breakfast - Kellogg's, quaker, etc etc...so OF COURSE they want you to think breakfast is healthy so you will keep buying their crap....

No I think they say it's probably the most important meal of the day. That said, all the meals are as you need to keep topping up your blood sugar and big peaks and lows isn't good for you. A healthy, balanced breakfast is good for you vs none at all.

And btw, I lost weight when I started having breakfast (i used to never have it) ... i felt less hungry before lunch so ate less at lunch and no morning snacks or not very often... and i felt more inclined to be active so walk to work and go to the gym/out for a run ... because my body had some energy to do it! I'm talking a bowl of cereal btw! Not a big fat fry up!
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I always heard breakfast was the most important meal of the day.... I've never heard "breakfast is the healthiest meal of the day"
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much truth is in your post, I do like it. I haven't eaten breakfast regularly for about 25 years. My new years resolution this year was to start eating breakfast, since "It's the most important mean of the day". And I gained about 10 pounds in three weeks. And my weight never fluxuates!!!! So I stop eating breakfast and a few weeks later my stomach is flat all over again.
  • mmapags
    Options
    Well if it bothers you so much why do keep coming back to this thread?? And no kidding people who have diabetes or hypoglycemia have to manage thier intake. Do you really think stating that consitutes "well spoken and informative posts". Do you really think that people generally don't know that. Maybe you should let others be the judge of whether your posts are so well spoken and informative.

PS: Don't hurt your arm there while patting yourself on the back! :tongue:
    What I've said before had nothing to do with blood sugar issues :huh: As I said, that post was in response to what other people had already been saying in regards to that issue. I'm not the only one who's spoken to that subject. Have you jumped on everyone else who has brought it up? You jumped on me calling me "butthurt" for speaking about something which others were already speaking about, yet just from another angle (the hypoglycemic one instead of the diabetic one) and I simply wanted to say that I wasn't just pouncing in here "all butthurt" like you declared me to be. That I was already discussing this thread prior to that post. Perhaps you should just relax.

Lol, I'm very relaxed there sweetcheeks. Maybe you should take your own advice? :drinker: