Jillian M. 30 Day Shred -Before & After's

Options

Replies

• travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm on L3D4 of the Shred and have to say, I'm not seeing any results in my body or clothes. Feeling disheartened! I hope I'll have lost inches,judging to the photos the rest of you have put up!

I was also a late bloomer...took what felt like forever to see the results. Finally around day 25-26, the scale moved and the inches lost seemed more noticeable. I think the pics say it all. Here's a link to my results...I'm on page 8

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/861344-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread?page=8

You'll get there!!
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    Reading this and seeing the pics has made me decide im starting tomorrow!! if anyone else thats doing it wants to add me that would be great!!

Will be taking measurements (and dare i say it- before pics) as soon as im out of bed :)
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later:)
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I must really be interested bc I just read this whole entire post all 8 pages lol. I plan on starting the 30ds on march 1st and prayinggg I'm able to do the workouts and complete it. I'm fairly heavy 254 and I'm not in shape AT ALL. I kno it'll get easier the more I do it but I'm scared I won't be able to get through the workouts correctly. I kno they'll have to be modified for me but I'm just hoping to get through them. I get winded pretty easy lol. I kno this is gonna take lots of dedication but I'm ready! I'm gonna watch all the workouts before I start them too lol just to see wat I am about to get myself into lol.

Congrats to everyone who has had success with this workout. U all r very motivating and inspiring to me.
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am starting on March 1st too. I hope to see some great results. I am a little scared, but I am going to do it. Good luck to everyone.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Before stats:
    22, F, 181 lbs

Before (Jan 1st) & After (Feb 19th):
    19593344_3472.jpg

Front pic, Day 8:
    2r3v68w.jpg

Currently: 22, F, 169.5lbs, taken yesterday (Day 52):
    19593344_5721.jpg

In January, I did 30DS everyday, took 3 rest days because I did either two levels or the entire 30DS (all 3 levels) in one day using 4lb dumbbells. This month, I have done the 30DS atleast 3x a week and incorporated HIIT on the treadmill, walking atleast 1hr a week and using 7.5lb dumbbells.
  • 5auce
    5auce Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm on L3D4 of the Shred and have to say, I'm not seeing any results in my body or clothes. Feeling disheartened! I hope I'll have lost inches,judging to the photos the rest of you have put up!

This was me too. My after pictures were actually taken 3/4 days after I completed the shred. I even went calorie/carb crazy to celebrate before taking these pics. I think it was just because I was constantly sore from doing it everyday that my body held onto a lot of water to repair my muscles. I was sore every, EVERY day of the shred. I was so discouraged right after I finished because I couldn't tell a difference in my body/clothes. As soon as I gave my body rest everything changed.
  • Jrose2013
    Jrose2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here is me half way through the 30 day shred, well actually Im now on Level 2 day 9. Im really happy with my results and I look forward to my after pics when the 30 days are up!
    9d6c4382-a301-4b03-926d-8e4dee2cc59c_zps351e072b.jpg
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Jrose - what a difference! Great job!!
  • kissmisskate
    kissmisskate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is after 1 round and one week (I'm on L1D6 tomorrow) of the Shred, over the last two months. With this second round I'm moving into using 5lb weights (from 2.5lbs) and really pushing myself further through the tough days/moves. I have lost about 9lbs and am starting to love my legs and arms! (Shorts! Seriously. Never thought I'd wear those in public again!) 5'4", from 144 to 135.

8344385882_24ef973aaa.jpg

8501439405_73fd072d9a.jpg
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started out with 5 lb. weights and I'm re doing it with 8 lb. weights (it took me along time to build up muscle so I'd suggest starting out with 2 or 3!) Good luck! I love love LOVE this workout. Jillian really pushes me!
  • CaroleWilliams1991
    Options
    Does anyone know what weights work best for the 30DS? I saw a little clip of Jillian, and I noticed that she was using what looked like 2 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights at home and I'm wondering if that will that be too difficult. Should I go out and buy smaller weights, or do you think 5 lbs would work?
    she uses a 3lb i think. thats what comes with the kit
  • CaroleWilliams1991
    Options
    Day 3:
    x2_zps472431b2.jpg

Day 20:
    extra_zps3ea8e40a.jpg
    OMG! u look AMAZING!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 lbs in 14 days using Take Shape for Life from my Doctor's recomendations... I am happy! I do have 40 more pounds to go.

This thread is about JM 30DS not your starvation diet.

Ladies, you look awesome from what I've seen!
    Keep it up!
    I tried a JM video and had some much pain days after & it wasn't muscle soreness so I stopped.

Also kudos for putting up with her voice haha!

Keep kicking butt!
  • christoph_231190
    Options
    congrats everyone on your success with the program!!

i really want to start it but have to figure out a time in the day where the downstairs people aren't home and cant hear me jumping around! lol

This is my problem too!
  • alijane9
    alijane9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great results from others inspired me to give Jillian a go.

This is my 30DS result from the back - where I think the results really showed for me.

I had to modify quite a few moves as I only have a confined space to workout in - but still lost just over 4 inches off my body. No weight lost, but happy to be slimmer and have a bit of 'definition'. I took a few rest days here and there too so it was more of a 40 day shred...

I probably was a bit bigger than this after Christmas...but this is the last photo I have pre-Jillian.

8e3bd648-7251-4661-b4a4-55a5f0986ce2_zps477b46dd.jpg

And after sweating it out with Jillian (I really hope I get these the right way round!)

34f9b456-12c9-47db-8a5e-d59946ee1d86_zpsab3439da.jpg

Well done to all successful shredders and good luck to all the new ones :flowerforyou:
  • mindovercakes
    mindovercakes Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • JenHorsmon
    JenHorsmon Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link to her meal plan. I'm always looking for recipe ideas!
  • MsKittyWine
    Options
    I was on day 14 and for a million reasons got behind a couple days, now a week later I'm ready to restart. I'm going to start at Day 1 again and try this time to do it 30 days straight without stopping!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!