My entire town is sabotaging me!!

Options

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here's the deal. I've made some bad life choices
    There you go right there. We're all responsible for our own life choices.

and now I am a manager at McDonalds.Through swallowing my rage and increasing my recreational drug use
    Whoa! That's an entirely different topic right there. Sounds like a Cheech and Chong movie plot if you ask me. LOL

Yet, they still order french fries! It's like, sabotage at it's finest.

"I can't stand it, I know you planned it"

tumblr_lq6w8x23ri1qke3bko1_500.jpg

It doesn't matter where you go. Do you think I don't want those two hot dogs with chili on them that they guy at the next desk has? A lady in client services has an entire tray of cup cakes on her desk today. "Please take one or two". Of course it's tempting but it's my decision to say "no".

You're not going to get away from temptation simply by changing jobs. I probably couldn't fit all the donuts people bring to my break room on a weekly basis into my car. They wouldn't fit. Yes! Free donuts! Krispy Kreme donuts nearly every day of the week. They guys I work with don't mess around. I'd be happy to swap temptations with you. Just say no to the temptation. Bring your own lunch and only eat the food you pack in yourself. Best advice I can give you.

I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

- William Ernest Henley
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    bravo
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    If you have a problem with the food that you are serving maybe you should find a new job? I hate McDonalds, but it is very unprofessional that you are pushing your beliefs onto the very customers that pay your salary. Yes, they are idiots for eating the garbage, but it's not really your place to tell them that. They will figure out their wrongdoing when they have diabetes and are paying for insulin.

Just because you are on a diet doesn't mean that everyone else has to be on a diet. I have to watch my coworkers eat fastfood every week, but I have managed to have the willpower to not inulge in their bad habits since October (go me!).

2zyk7z5.jpg
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m0qhuqYmA31qkzrkto1_500_zpsc2df68dd.gif
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Feeding of the Trolls is strictly prohibited.

And if this is making fun of that 16 year old having family problems you should be ashamed.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You think people would be grateful for the motivational notes you're providing. Those sound so sweet.

Really you should probably sue McDonald's. I understand that they provide free food to employees. That's basically first degree murder if I remember my Law & Order episodes correctly.

Finally, someone understands! I've always had a feeling you were the only true, supportive person on this site.

The idea of suing came to me as well, but Mariska Hargitay won't return my calls. I feel like she's in on the sabotage.

Mariska Hargitay is in SVU...now go watch Law & Order and learn the names!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Really?
    You cant tell other people what to do. Especially not in the type of job you're in,

You're there to offer customer service.

I use to work as HEAD CHEF in a restaurant for two years- while I was on the Atkins. I didn't eat there especially since i could look over my counter and see everyone slammin bacon and sausage and everything in between.

Your manager is kind of right- Use willpower. Or leave your job.

You said your in that job because of the choices you have made in life.
    I will tell you what I told other fast food workers.

This is the life that you chose.

I am not living your life, MFP is not living your life. You are living your reality. If working at MickeyDs is a hinder to your life style change then YOU need to change it. Take some classes, start browsing other career paths. Do something where you don't have to be around people shoving their face with Death Nuggets.

Come on- If it's affecting you that you are actually getting enraged- then maybe you need to seek medical and professional help. Talk to someone about your feelings who is actually certified to help you.

Don't let this affect the way that you support yourself and your family and your livelihood.

There are plenty of other people who are searching for jobs and would be happy to have a second chance like you did.

This makes no sense. Clearly you don't get how this works. Reported.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You know, thinking about it. Just being around the smell of the food all day would be incredibly motivating for me not to eat the stuff.

The food isn't sabotaging me, the customers are. You don't have to see the look of glee on their fat faces while they're cramming it in.

Neither do you. Put your head down and focus on your work, instead of staring at and judging everyone else. Yo bidness. Mind it.

ETA: I realize this was supposed to be sarcastic and funny; I just found it weak.

A.k.a, I didn't get the joke, so I'm going to just say it was a bad joke.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    You think people would be grateful for the motivational notes you're providing. Those sound so sweet.

Really you should probably sue McDonald's. I understand that they provide free food to employees. That's basically first degree murder if I remember my Law & Order episodes correctly.

Finally, someone understands! I've always had a feeling you were the only true, supportive person on this site.

The idea of suing came to me as well, but Mariska Hargitay won't return my calls. I feel like she's in on the sabotage.

Reported for not realizing SVU is the only Law and Order worth watching.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Trolls need to eat too...

a1780091-233-Troll%20Food%202.JPG?d=1206391971
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Don't stop believin'.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Ugh...here we go again. If you guys can't be supportive at least don't try to derail this thread. I'm trying to get some real help, okay?

83b.jpg
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You know, thinking about it. Just being around the smell of the food all day would be incredibly motivating for me not to eat the stuff.

The food isn't sabotaging me, the customers are. You don't have to see the look of glee on their fat faces while they're cramming it in.

Neither do you. Put your head down and focus on your work, instead of staring at and judging everyone else. Yo bidness. Mind it.

ETA: I realize this was supposed to be sarcastic and funny; I just found it weak.

A.k.a, I didn't get the joke, so I'm going to just say it was a bad joke.

+1
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

And if this is making fun of that 16 year old having family problems you should be ashamed.

What's a troll?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    If you have a problem with the food that you are serving maybe you should find a new job? I hate McDonalds, but it is very unprofessional that you are pushing your beliefs onto the very customers that pay your salary. Yes, they are idiots for eating the garbage, but it's not really your place to tell them that. They will figure out their wrongdoing when they have diabetes and are paying for insulin.

Just because you are on a diet doesn't mean that everyone else has to be on a diet. I have to watch my coworkers eat fastfood every week, but I have managed to have the willpower to not inulge in their bad habits since October (go me!).

VAiooxb.gif

Oh... I need this. Bad!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Reported for not realizing SVU is the only Law and Order worth watching.

Reported for not realizing it sucks ever since Elliot left. :sad:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Everybody is trying to sabotage me...

oh wait... what's that you say?

I can just ignore them...

And why on Earth would I do that when I can complain about it on MFP.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here's the deal. I've made some bad life choices and now I am a manager at McDonalds.Through swallowing my rage and increasing my recreational drug use, I've been able to deal with this in general...but now, I feel it is affecting my weight loss journey!

I say...Smoke another joint, pop another pill and have a Coke and a smile! Take care of yourself and let the world deal with itself!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    tl; dr. You lost me at "zero carb diet" Good luck in your journey.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif