Starting P90X/Insanity in February

Replies

• proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    I am doing my recovery this week, I completed month 1 of Insanity.

How are the rest of you doing and how do you like your results so far?

I'm doing Week 3 Day 6 tonight :) I love it so far. I only lost about 3 lbs since I started Insanity but I continue to lose inches and more importantly body fat!! :)
  • proton77
    I will be starting P90X March 1st with my hubby. We started before but lacked discipline. So hopefully this time around we will be dedicated. :)

Bring it!! It definitely helps when you have your spouse or friends doing it with you.
  • proton77
    Week 3 in the books! I did Plyo Cardio Circuit kind of late last night and before I had dinner. It was around 9:30pm and I was bit hungry. Normally I workout at around 7 and then have dinner. So I just drank a bit R&R and jumped right into the workout. The last 10 minutes was a bit rough but I managed to pushed through with some breaks. Today is rest day and I'm for sure going to enjoy it because I earned it!

What did you guys do?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    i've been kinda sick. luckily i am in my recover week. dragged my *kitten* through kenpo yesterday... stretch today, YAY!

think i tweeked something in my hamstring tho, its hurting right behind my knee
  • proton77
    Make sure you take it easy, bro! You don't want to make it worse.

I hurt my lower back doing kenpo around the last week of p90x. I couldn't bend and wear my socks and shoes. It took about a week to somewhat recover.

Try to do more stretches during the day. We're in for the long haul so no point killing ourselves.
  • proton77
    Yesterday was rest day and it would have been nice if I didn't somehow hurt my neck from doing nothing!! Can you believe that? I can't really turn my head to the sides now so I don't know how I'm going to do Pure Cardio an Cardio Abs tonight.

I'm still going to try, though.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Can I jump in here? I started insanity Monday...
  • No_Finish_Line
    hope your neck fells better, knee is much improved.

discovered you can just buy egg whites in a carton. tried the pancakes with the whites from the carton and i don't recommend them. i dump 1/4 cup of blueberries in them, so they still tasted ok, but for some reason they didn't seem to cook up as well. i guess the 1% of garbage they put in the egg beaters goes a long way to making it taste/cook like a whole egg.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member

discovered you can just buy egg whites in a carton. tried the pancakes with the whites from the carton and i don't recommend them. i dump 1/4 cup of blueberries in them, so they still tasted ok, but for some reason they didn't seem to cook up as well. i guess the 1% of garbage they put in the egg beaters goes a long way to making it taste/cook like a whole egg.

Get Better Than Eggs. They are 100% egg whites. No crap like the egg beaters. I used to buy egg beaters until I actually read the ingredients. BTE has 1 ingredient: Egg Whites. I've never had an issue with how they cook.
  • proton77

Yes, welcome! Post your fit test result here once complete the first workout :)
  • proton77

Get Better Than Eggs. They are 100% egg whites. No crap like the egg beaters. I used to buy egg beaters until I actually read the ingredients. BTE has 1 ingredient: Egg Whites. I've never had an issue with how they cook.

Good to know. I'll check it out. Thanks!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member

Ill post them tomorrow! I wrote them down just forgot to include them on here today. I was so pi$$ed my pure cardio wouldn't work when I put it in the player today... so I was gonna do the power cardio/strength and then something came up and I could only get through the warm up (double :() I'll try to workout twice tomorrow if I can. I feel so disappointed.. is there anything I can sub for the pure cardio? Maybe cardio x from p90? or plyo?? I liked the plyo in p90x but I don't wanna do too much jumping if it'll be bad on the body.
  • proton77
    My neck pain is still bothering me and it has affected my sleep. Maybe that's why I've been feeling crappy and it definitely showed during the workout today.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Today I started p90x! Chest/ Back and abs. Dive bomber push ups are HARD!!
  • No_Finish_Line

yeah, i wasn't to happy with the extra crap in it too. thats why i boughtt he carton of egg whites. i'm going to assume there isn't much difference between the better than eggs 100% egg whites and the store brand 100% egg whites i got lol. i guess i should just use a real egg
    My neck pain is still bothering me and it has affected my sleep. Maybe that's why I've been feeling crappy and it definitely showed during the workout today.

i've had a strange thing in my upper back since i started insanity in oct 2011. just goes numb sometimes or hurts. only goes away when something else in my back hurts lol. good luck with that.
  • proton77

Ill post them tomorrow! I wrote them down just forgot to include them on here today. I was so pi$$ed my pure cardio wouldn't work when I put it in the player today... so I was gonna do the power cardio/strength and then something came up and I could only get through the warm up (double :() I'll try to workout twice tomorrow if I can. I feel so disappointed.. is there anything I can sub for the pure cardio? Maybe cardio x from p90? or plyo?? I liked the plyo in p90x but I don't wanna do too much jumping if it'll be bad on the body.

There isn't anything that you could substitute pure cardio with. Plyo X from p90x doesn't come close in terms of intensity. I haven't done any month-2 instanity workout. You might be able to find something there to try :)
  • proton77
    Today I started p90x! Chest/ Back and abs. Dive bomber push ups are HARD!!

Great job! Just do your best :)
  • I just returned to this site and searched for a February group.
    I am on day 21 of insanity, so far it's not too bad I am getting better both in endurance and form. My major problem is that I can't do push-ups, what advice would anyone give me to improve here as I look forward to month 2 so that I am not just laying on the floor waiting for them to finish the push-ups?
  • agrima27
    agrima27 Posts: 13 Member
    I would say start w/the "girl" push ups.. drop your knees and still do the push up. It will help build arm strength and get you to where you can do a regular push up.
  • I would say start w/the "girl" push ups.. drop your knees and still do the push up. It will help build arm strength and get you to where you can do a regular push up.

Thanks, I will try to do a few of them in the next exercise. They seem like they would take more time to set-up and I will end up with very few repeats over all.