The brave and the human

Options

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    everyone is so freaking beautiful! guess what? we're human! we don't have a constant team of people to make us up, cook us food, train us for hours a day, and then photoshop the **** out of our stretch marks, moles, freckles, hair, and other such fun things that make us human--and women. so whatevs. i'm just gonna be proud of my body in the best way i know how! that will include ups and downs, but THANK YOU, SANDY/MIREY for this!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You guys are all totally my heros!!! I've always hated everything about myself sad but true but I am working on loving myself and learning to look beyond my body as my worth...
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    This is a great topic! I also have the extra belly skin, butt dimples, and host of other issues from housing a little bundle of joy. I have accepted my body and what it has become.... in my head. I still though take millions of pics wanting them to be good enough for MFP, but end up deleting most. We ARE our worst critic. If I wasn't at work I would add a "real" photo.
    Sandy... YOU are the bomb!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    All I see are:

Beautiful Souls :flowerforyou:

Brave Hearts :love:

Human Bodies :drinker:

Much respect to you all!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well I am not anywhere near where the previous people are but these pictures are ones I hate showing anyone :grumble: :grumble:

This was after 31 days of Insanity
    day-31.jpg
  • mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Holy crap MireyGal76 .....are those your abs in your ticker picture??!!! Dang. Wow....and you're worried about your supposed butt dimples?? :) (which by the way aren't so special lol I have them too!)
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Mirey, this was a fantastic idea. My problem area is my mommy pouch. It keeps me self-conscious no matter what I weigh. I have been happy to post pics of my abs that keep my pouch under control or only show above my belly button, but I NEVER let people see this:
    74cc61fb-79cc-4249-9f14-4e697c414ed1_zps3dfe959e.jpg

I think you just released me from some kind of weird hold that this tummy had on me. Thanks :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Well I am not anywhere near where the previous people are but these pictures are ones I hate showing anyone :grumble: :grumble:

This was after 31 days of Insanity
    day-31.jpg

thank you for sharing! :-D
    I love the ink, and I love that you are pushing yourself through insanity! great job!
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thanks for helping me re-size it, Mirey :)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Holy crap MireyGal76 .....are those your abs in your ticker picture??!!! Dang. Wow....and you're worried about your supposed butt dimples?? :) (which by the way aren't so special lol I have them too!)

they are my abs.. my profile is open - its a clip of the tapout pic, and thank you :flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    omg, why is my pic so ginormous??? ^^

you can resize it in photobucket (I usually halve mine) and save it as a new image. then edit your original post with the new image link. :)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Fulllengthpic.jpg

I hope this works.....

I HATE this picture..... All I see is "I'm so fat I busted the seam in my costume..." Ugh. :cry: And of course, I would only wear a costume that covered almost ALL of me. This was Halloween 2010, at almost my largest. I was probably pushing 200 lbs at this point.
    And that seam busted really early in the night. Probably when I was driving to the party. I borrowed a safety pin to keep it from being too obvious.... I was so embarrassed. :frown:

I have cottage cheese thighs and butt so I never wear shorts. Seriously. The last time I wore shorts in the summer was probably 2006.
    I have rolls and dimples galore. Ugh. Better now.... but back then, I wanted to hide all the time.

ETA: In picture, I have the hand on the stomach to "hold it in". hahaha
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Mirey, this was a fantastic idea. My problem area is my mommy pouch. It keeps me self-conscious no matter what I weigh. I have been happy to post pics of my abs that keep my pouch under control or only show above my belly button, but I NEVER let people see this:
    DSCF5885_zpsd5075afb.jpg

I think you just released me from some kind of weird hold that this tummy had on me. Thanks :)

babies... hey? boy do our kids work a number on us... stretchmarks, saggy boobs, hemmorhoids, mommy pouches... and yet they're proof of life, and of love, and you're beautiful! thank you for sharing :)
    As for the 'weird hold'... that's kinda how I have been feeling about what my blog on here has been doing for me. :-D

It's freeing, and scary and ENTIRELY REWARDING to be REAL!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Fulllengthpic.jpg

I hope this works.....

I HATE this picture..... All I see is "I'm so fat I busted the seam in my costume..." Ugh. :cry: And of course, I would only wear a costume that covered almost ALL of me. This was Halloween 2010, at almost my largest. I was probably pushing 200 lbs at this point.
    And that seam busted really early in the night. Probably when I was driving to the party. I borrowed a safety pin to keep it from being too obvious.... I was so embarrassed. :frown:

I have cottage cheese thighs and butt so I never wear shorts. Seriously. The last time I wore shorts in the summer was probably 2006.
    I have rolls and dimples galore. Ugh. Better now.... but back then, I wanted to hide all the time.

ETA: In picture, I have the hand on the stomach to "hold it in". hahaha

the seam you are talking about... it looks like an intentional design from here (maybe looked different in real life where you can see better).

when I look at this picture... here's what I see...a gorgeous neck and bustline... a stunningly beautiful woman (wow does that color work on you) and that heart necklace looks perfect.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Here goes. I have very few pics of me with my daughter. Half the time I wouldn't let people take pics if I wasn't wearing makeup. If pics were taken and I looked bad, many times I deleted them. :sad: SO much regret. I can't undo it now but I treasure these pics even if I hate the way I look in them.

Huge arms and double chin, hair pulled away making face look even fatter.

Edited: I give up. I've resized down to nothing and they're still huge...
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    Thanks Mirey!
    Haha The "necklace" is actually 3 temp tattoos. I got heart happy and got heart stickers and heart temp tattoos and stuck them all over me.... :laugh:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Holy huge pics. I've resized but they're still enormous...
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Welp. Here goes. I tell people all the time I'm not nearly as hot as they think I am or they see in my ('posed just right and good lighting' photos). And I'm sick of people telling me I don't have anything to lose. Yes, I do. My front side (abdomen). Here it is this morning. Stretch marks, extra skin, and flab. Om nom nom. But it allowed me to carry two big ol' babies full term, so I embrace it anyway. Good thread Mirey...we're not perfect of body or mind sometimes...but we're works in progress and we shine no less!

Please dear God don't make these be hyooooge when they post!
    *removed pics from my quote for dizzy's comfort*

honey you are brave and bold and amazing. you are one of my heros on here, and I think you are AWESOME.

are we perfect? no... and geeze baby making messes us up... thank GOD there's a boob ban - cuz that there is my nemesis.
    your body is sexy RIGHT now... and you've done great work!

and really... I can't stop staring at those thighs! HHAWT! (in a non creepy way)

:smooched: :blushing: thank you beauty. You inspire me on the daily as well! I'm so lucky to have you on my list!! And we are now butt bonded. ;) heheh Speaking of butts, *smack* - hey, you put it out there. I couldn't resist such a foine *kitten*.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I aspire to have YOUR body. THIS body. THIS abdomen. So THERE. (sorry for the yelling, but I feel strongly about this)

So, uhm, just HOW strongly do you feel about this? Like "lock all your doors, I'm outside of your window" aspiring...or....hahhahha. Kidding. ;) Thanks Krys. I'm in your corner, we can only get better!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welp. Here goes. I tell people all the time I'm not nearly as hot as they think I am or they see in my ('posed just right and good lighting' photos). And I'm sick of people telling me I don't have anything to lose. Yes, I do. My front side (abdomen). Here it is this morning. Stretch marks, extra skin, and flab. Om nom nom. But it allowed me to carry two big ol' babies full term, so I embrace it anyway. Good thread Mirey...we're not perfect of body or mind sometimes...but we're works in progress and we shine no less!

Please dear God don't make these be hyooooge when they post!
    37138_zps5fe480af.jpg

37138_zps17bb7bb9.jpg

You look friggin' AWESOME!!!! I love your body shape, it's so beautiful :)