huskies.
    labs.

both breeds are smart and friendly and playful

tumblr_m4nmw4CqSt1r18egto1_500.jpg

chocolate-lab-puppy.jpg
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I should have explained! ... Hugely loyal, very family orientated, biddable and very funny! Ours dances round a slippery wooden floor like Bambi on ice! The more you laugh, the more he does it, all with a very silly grin on his face, lol! :bigsmile:
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Cocker Spaniels......Chocolate Lab.....or any rescue dog that I fall madly in love with! :heart:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My favorite breeds are sight hounds. Scottish Deerhounds, Irish Wolfhounds, Greyhounds, Salukis, Afghans. Tall, regal, long legs, tiny waists, long snouts.

But I own and love this:

378463_245122822226427_884038283_n.jpg

A short legged, barrel-bodied dwarf with no nose. :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Huskies or German Sheps, love em both :)

that's exactly what I was going to say
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I discovered the Papillon a few years ago when I brought home a little 2.5 pound bundle with huge ears! She is definitely another child in the house. She is very smart, and Paps are known for being very empathetic and will adjust her moods to fit different moods and personalities. For me, she is a snuggly lap dog, but as soon as she hears my hubby drive up, she is waiting at the door to go run and play with him. On days I am not feeling well, she never leaves my side on the couch.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Golden Retriever
    This is Acoria (She is twice as big now (3 months old in the pic and 7 months old now)
    Acoria12weeksold006.jpg

and My mixed Pointer Terrier I got from the pound
    This is Abby
    House006.jpg
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Border collie. But we love our Jack Russel X Lab & our Mini Fox Terrier X
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Greater Swiss Mountain dog.

Giant but long lived for the giants. Beautiful. Powerful. Good personality. Whip Smart and friggen adorable

tumblr_malee6oeiw1rdspg7o1_500.jpg
  • TheGnomeQueen
    Options
    Labrador Retrievers or Siberian Huskies.
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Shetland Sheep dogs- They are easy to train, really smart, great family dogs and fun to do agility, Frisbee and fetch with. They are loving and are just as willing to sit by your side as run 5 miles with you. They are small enough to keep in an apartment but big enough you do not have to worry about something flying off with them. I have 4 of them, guess I could not stop at one just like potato chips. Ha! Ha! For the more observant yes I know they are not my picture. That would be 1 of 4 of my kids dogs. She is a golden retriever black lab mix whose breed I have also come to love. She belongs to my daughter and in a way is my hero. She brings healing and love where ever she goes and she goes everywhere as you can see.
    KIRA, CALLIE , LEXIE, SHELBIE, STELLA NOVA, LUCY, BERKLEY, & COOPER
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    My favorite breeds are sight hounds. Scottish Deerhounds, Irish Wolfhounds, Greyhounds, Salukis, Afghans. Tall, regal, long legs, tiny waists, long snouts.

But I own and love this:

378463_245122822226427_884038283_n.jpg

A short legged, barrel-bodied dwarf with no nose. :laugh:

don't feed it after midnight.
    don't get it wet.

:bigsmile:
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    <
    Welsh springer spaniel :heart:
  • alettep
    alettep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We love our bassett hounds! We have Wesley who is a short, classic bassett & Rosie, who we got at the pound. Rosie is a bassett but with crazy long legs so she is huge! We are suckers for their sad eyes & hound-dog howls!!!
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love ALL dogs. My favorites are german shepherds, french bulldogs, and pit bulls. I lost my german shepherd last year, but still have my sweet frenchie and and even sweeter pit!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    All of them. Seriously.
  • camillaiae
    camillaiae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Australian Shepherd! It's an amazing companion if you have the time and energy to keep up!

Whatever you choose, make sure to fit the dog breed in with your lifestyle instead of choosing a dog and then spending all your time trying to get it to fit into yours - it will make you both miserable.

And please, please watch out for typically overbred dogs - buying breeds whose traits, although adorable, bring the dogs a lot of pain, suffering and unhealth, is sustaining and encouraging the breeding of dogs that are not physicly/genetically/mentally healthy, and that's a very scary development. This, I'm afraid, goes for a lot of popular and cute, sweet breeds like English bulldogs (who practically always need C-section), Pugs (whose airways are in pretty bad shape because of the face shape), Chihuahuas, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels,.... or any very large or very small dog. :(

I'm a vet student and sadly, there are a lot of breeds we see much more of than others.
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We have a Bedlington terrier and Whippet. Not sure what breed I would like next - our Bedlington is one in a million and such a character not sure I could have another. Whippets are lovely so affectionate and cuddly!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Huskies or German Sheps, love em both :)

that's exactly what I was going to say

I have a husky-German Shepherd, best dog ever! Looks like a husky but has the recall of a GS
  • myvizslasrock
    Options
    I love all breeds, but I just love vizsla's!! We have 2 of them, they are beautiful, full of personality and just all around great pets. :-)