Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    eBailey - I hope you can work it out with your friends. Times change and you do have to put yourself first if you want to have anything to give back to others. I hope that your gay friend particularly understands that.

FreeMySkinny - Diana - good for you for turning that negative talk around - you are beautiful - you've got gorgeous coloring - I can tell even in your photgraph. As for your Ex - why do you even dignify him by talking to him? I don't think Ex's deserve that kind of attention! :wink:

Helenavee - So you had a cheat day - but you planned for it - time to give up the guilt and just start over tomorrow, it will be better, and you can savor the memories of today! I understand and sympathize with you about how hard it is to make friends - it can be so frustrating because you have to put yourself out on a limb and extend an invitation to someone. I learned in sales that you usually make 9 requests before you get one "yes" response, so keep that in mind. Just start asking everyone you know or meet to have coffee with you tomorrow or the next day and soon you will come across someone pleasant who will say "yes" to your question. Then be sure to suggest you do it again!

Sherriel - you described the perfect relaxation moment "At home in my sweats with my bra off" I laughed out loud! :laugh:
    Hope your cold clears up soon!

I have been hit with another ailment - a whopper of a toothache on top of my bronchitis - luckily I'm on the antibiotics because I can't get in to the dentist until Monday. I'm sensing a root canal here :frown: Oh Kah, Oh MowMow, how I wish I had kitties to comfort me right now!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,104 Member
    Options

I have been hit with another ailment - a whopper of a toothache on top of my bronchitis - luckily I'm on the antibiotics because I can't get in to the dentist until Monday. I'm sensing a root canal here :frown: Oh Kah, Oh MowMow, how I wish I had kitties to comfort me right now!

Oh Robin - we're glad to have you back but my gosh you are having a rough time of it. Sorry you can't get to the dentist until Monday........

Gosh, I wish we could all get well RIGHT NOW!!!:angry::angry: So sick of sickness, pain and suffering!!!!:grumble: :huh: :angry:

Wishing everyone well.:heart:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    We are home. The weather was perfect today. No bad roads.
    Thursday truth: I am going do my after trip weigh-in tomorrow morning, but I'm not going to post or worry about a gain if I have one. I stayed within my calorie limits and walked everyday. If there is a gain, it will be water weight from being in the car all day and from not drinking enough water while we were gone. I will probably be able to tell my normal weight by my usual weigh-in on Sunday.
    I'm sorry so many of you are under the weather. Hang in there. Love the responses to being positive. It is so important for our success.
    have a good one. Kaye
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am sorry so many people have this cruddy cold. I seem to be on the mend. Just got the sniffles now. It can get annoying since I cant blow my nose. If I try to blow my nose even lightly there is a good chance of me blowing out my eardrum so blowwing is a no no. I just get to get a chapped nose from wiping all the time:grumble: Well I made my hummus and it wasnt to bad. I think it had a little to much garlic and for me thats saying something but with a couple tweaks it should be as good if not better then the stuff I buy. I got my workout done today. I have been either doing the wii or walking most days. When I do the wii I turn on the music and start dancing around while I bowl. The last couple times I have been throwing some jogging in place in the mix up about the middle of the workout time. That has been really getting my heartrate up, lol. I cant believe I am jogging at all. Six months ago I could barely walk at a crawl for ten min and now I am taking hour long brisk walks and jogging. My how times do change:happy: I am in clean clean clean mode right now. My beloved hubby should be flying home on Saturday as long as the darn wind doesnt cause the flight to be cancelled. The company charters a plane to fly from Anchorage to Dutch Harbor and this time of year that can be dicey because the planes are so little. My Thursday truth is I dont shave my legs nearly enough and my reward for this today was gouging out a large chunk of ankle:sad: It was no bueno. The problem is I only shave in the shower but I am completley stupid blind without my glasses so I cant see what I am doing. Very Hazardous, lol. Well on that note I am going to jet. Grab a glass of water eeyone especially my fellow sickies to help flush out all the bad stuff:drinker: :drinker:
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hubs is home! I missed picking on him. But he, like everyone else on this thread, caught the cold I so graciously gave him. :( Poor guy.

Monday- c25k DONE
    Tuesday- strength + planks DONE
    Wednesday- c25k DONE
    Thursday- strength + planks DONE
    Friday- c25k
    Saturday- free
    Sunday- rest
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    FreeMySkinny - Diana - good for you for turning that
    negative talk around - you are beautiful - you've got
    gorgeous coloring - I can tell even in your photgraph.
    As for your Ex - why do you even dignify him by
    talking to him? I don't think Ex's deserve that kind of attention!

Thank you Robin.! :D and I talk to him because I miss him, love him.. He can be an *kitten*. but when he talks to me I do feel better, he is like a best friend. a best friend that chew'd and spit out my heart.. and makes me cry... eh. :/wow.. I have no friggin' reason to talk to him. haha.. maybe for my own good. ;) jokin'.!
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    (phone spazzed once again.) >.<"
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Free My Skinny - I think I understand. I had my heart chewed and spit out myself about 6 months ago. He wants to remain friends and calls every few days. I had to set my facebook NOT to alert me when he posted because he's obviously moving on and not missing me and somedays between the things he posts and talking to him it's like a knife in the heart.....over and over and over.
    You keep hanging on HOPING it'll get easier and you can be friends without the pain....
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Free My Skinny - I think I understand. I had my heart chewed and spit out myself about 6 months ago. He wants to remain friends and calls every few days. I had to set my facebook NOT to alert me when he posted because he's obviously moving on and not missing me and somedays between the things he posts and talking to him it's like a knife in the heart.....over and over and over.
    You keep hanging on HOPING it'll get easier and you can be friends without the pain....

I hate to think that this might come out of us. I think its best if I start ignorin' him. I don't want to be a "friend" I want to be loved by him. and I am startin' to see with everyday he needs to miss me to want me, so I might just poof from his life for a bit. I don't want to see him with anyone else.. I couldn't do it. I hope it gets better for you. :(
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just caught up on all of the posts. Welcome back, robin!! :flowerforyou:

Wed. Wish (belated):
    That everyone who is suffering from any type of ailment heals quickly--whether it's a cold, fibro, a toothache, or a heartache--I hope we all feel better soon!

Thursday Truth:
    I'm pretty sure my "cold" this week was actually the flu. Shhh! Don't tell my MIL--she bugs me every year to get a flu shot, and I never do. I know it's recommended, but I'm just not a fan. I feel like when I'm older and the virus will be more of a threat to my health, then I will get flu shots. Please, no lectures. :wink:

I'm feeling a bit better today, but still not good enough for a workout or even a walk with gunner. Fortunately, DH was off today so he took gunner for a walk today. I plan to take it easy until at least Saturday.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Gorilla- I hope you do try rock climbing. It is a great full body workout and you will discover muscles that you have not really used before. The rock climbing place near you may have a weekend drop in program where you can have a staff member belay you on the wall for a few climbs. They may also offer an introduction to rock climbing class which is also very interesting to take. You body will need rest after doing the more intense workouts.

biturner1- Glad to see you popping in. Hope all is well.
    Karen- I hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick is no fun. The flu shot is no guarantee that you will be protected from the flu. There are many different strands going around this year and the shot does not cover them all.

Well, today was a good day and then I received some interesting but sad news. I finally caught up with my friend "Joe". I have been seeing off and on since this summer and we have a great time whenever we go out. He is a type 1 diabetic which is under control. However, his kidney function has decreased significantly in the last 6 months most like due to a toxin. This means he may need to go on dialysis or worse kidney transplant. He will find out on the 15th what is going with his kidneys. I hope he gets some good news but is not expecting it. He thinks he received the toxin from a restaurant that was closed down the same day he ate there for rat poisoning on trays. If the biopsy can prove it then the restaurant is liable for his medical care. I hope and pray that things will be better than expected. Please keep him in your thoughts. This guy asked me to lunch the first time we meet.

Truth- still need to find the motivation to to keep working out. A few days off and I realize how easy it is go back to old habits of not moving as much as I should. Tomorrow will make up for it when I climb again. It should be a great climbing day.
    Have a great night everyone.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - not even remotely health related, but I have become addicted to Pinterest, LOL. Although there are many health related things to pin......

Hope everyone who is feeling poorly, starts feeling better soon.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Today was a long day. Glad its almost over ready for bed.

@drojen I really enjoy pinterest too.

Thursday: family reunion plans are being made for June. So planning on making the trip to Illinois for it. But I am not. Anywhere. Close to my goals. It makes me afraid
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Freemyskinny and MyM0wm0w, please know this: your worth is not determined by whether or not he loves you. (Unsolicited advice, so feel free to take or leave it, but you both sound like you'd recover better if you stopped stringing yourselves along and let him be gone from your life until you can value you for yourself. That's a choice only you can make, and it's a hard one, but not everybody can be friends with an ex.)

Thursday truth: the daffodils are coming up, and it makes me so happy! Next thing you know, it'll be the black tulips I love.

Tried a new restaurant for dinner. Bad idea, that. Food was good but not likely very low-cal. One of the things I actually look forward to on a reduced income with hubby @ home is eating IN more often. Turns out you can get tired of eating out!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Will be house and Dog sitting for a friend for the next 3 days and that assignment includes taking Layla to the doggie park every day - what fun and good exercise - I'm looking forward to it.

But I don't know if I'll have internet access - EEPS!!! That scares me. I do like the security of being online with MFP and logging my food everyday as well as this thread.

FreeMySkinny and MowMow - I agree with Shrinkrapt's comments. I could not be friends with an Ex - not until I had a Volkswagon-sized scab over my heart for protection. That almost daily talking would kill me emotionally.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness - Run today, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Gym for weights & elliptical Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and hopefully Friday. My ds is in a hockey tournament Thursday - Saturday next week and plays 2 games on Friday. the tournament is in our home town, but we will want to stay at the rink and cheer on our 2 other teams in the tourney and the other teams visiting. I especially want to watch the team from England play. they're coming a long way to play so i want to cheer them on! Eating will be iffy - but I'll do my best. My son's birthday is Saturday. he has requested pizza and for a cake, he's getting fancy cupcakes. built in portion control for me. My 1/2 of the pizza will be light on the sauce, cheese and thin crust plus veggies. We also have two events - opening ceremonies and closing party which will challenge me food-wise. The plus side is that we can get to the gym during the day since it is March break and I'm only working 1/2 day Monday - Wednesday and taking Thursday, Friday off. this hockey tournament is really special since all the players have various special needs. It's a whole other kind of hockey - where players from opposite sides will help one another up when they fall and the final score doesn't matter. I can hardly wait.

BTW - I've changed my ticker to 10% weight loss goals. I needed to see it in smaller increments - seeing 119 lbs to go wasn't really motivating to me! When I reach the first 10%, I'll adjust it down another 10% until I'm at my goal (whatever that # is!)
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Robin~I'm so sorry for your ailments,now a toothache on top of the other - hope the pain subsides quickly and its an easy/painless fix! Zoe sends you healing snuggles!
    @Everyone who is suffering from illness~Lots of fluids, rest & vitamin C. Hope everyone is back to 100% soon.

I have not remained friends with any of my exes, the last break-up actually made it really hard for me to trust men - its been a VERY LONG time, but I am finally learning to trust them again. I learned a long time ago that we are responsible for making our own happiness and to never let anyone dictate how we live our lives.

Today is my first of 4 days off, what to do what to do. I do plan on doing some shopping later - with blinders on. :laugh: Turns out I'm not very good at being lazy, already cleaned out the fridge and found myself cleaning bathrooms at 10 o'clock last night! Oh, well. I am sitting here playing with Zoe right now. I do wish that the wood floors would wash themselves though, they will need to be done sometime this weekend - I keep thinking about buying either a Mint or iRobot for these floors, that would at least keep them dust free.

Friday Fitness~Even though I'm off I won't miss my workout today, I'll head to the gym in a couple of hours to get in a workout hopefully before lunch.

Fitness this week:
    Sunday~Training DONE!
    Monday~Run DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Training DONE!
    Thursday~Rest Day DONE!
    Friday~Elliptical & Stepper
    Saturday~None, going out of town for the day

Next Week - my nights are free all week, so plan to take advantage of it:
    Sunday~Training
    Monday~Long Run with Trainer
    Tuesday~Spinning
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Arc Trainer
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Long Run & Massage

Everyone have a super day!
  • jackie_leth
    jackie_leth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to the site and was browsing the Community when I happened on this thread. I too am wanting to lose 100+ lbs, so am thrilled to find such great "motivation and support". I'm still not quite sure how the Monday to Sunday posts work, but eventually it will all make sense.

Friday fitness - I have been talking about trying Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout... maybe it's time I quit talking and just did it!

Cheers to all!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Fun Friday! Got up early and hit the gym... on the elliptical I got the call kids had a 2 hour delay. So I cashed in a Personal Day! Got the kids on the bus and took the pup for a walk through the woods near my house. Great start to the day... OH... and down another 2lbs! I kinda hoped for more but 2 is a good win!

Had a really good lifting session last night, did workout A but did 2 sets heavier instead of 3 sets a little lighter. Felt great, I wonder if the less of a loss had something to do with the heavy lifting the night before and muscle recovery.... scale is just a number so Im not fretting... Feeling great that is the main thing.

Feeling like I might take the dog for more of a hike in a bit if the wind slows a bit

Have a great Friday
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I'm with shrinkrapt on the advice about exes. I don't have any experience with exes, but I do know that you have to love yourself for who you are. You can't depend on others for your self-worth, especially not others who are putting you down and breaking your heart!
    Its good to be home. I'm loving the sunshine today! The daffodils are coming up. Spring is coming.
    It turns out that I didn't need to fret about a gain while I was away. I lost 3#. I love watching the scale go down!
    Welcome, Jackie. Come here and post often. You'll feel like part of the group in no time.
    Have a great day. I hope that those of you who are sick will soon be feeling better, much better.
    Kaye