Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    When I've just finished my lifting session, and someone on the treadmill tries to have a nice little chat with me.

...:explode:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    People actually pay to be at the gym just like you do. I hope those judging others are really happy & offer to pay those people to workout then.... cause you all must be superior. Sorry but you people make me sick.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    When people are paying more attention to what you are doing, than what they are doing themselves.

Isn't that why you lot are doing?

May I suggest a healthy dose of 'Mind your own business and crack on with your own workout'
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    People need to be considerate of others and not load on the perfume. Sorry, its not judging to be upset that someone is wearing too much of that. Judging would be if someone is wearing a tight shirt or something. We are all there to work out in comfort. I go to school with someone that wears too much perfume in college. Makes me sneeze and it is hard for me to concentrate on the lesson. This infringes on MY right to learn. That post about minding your own business cause she pays to go there is a bunch of crap. Perfume has no place when people need clean air to breath.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    People need to be considerate of others and not load on the perfume. Sorry, its not judging to be upset that someone is wearing too much of that. Judging would be if someone is wearing a tight shirt or something. We are all there to work out in comfort. I go to school with someone that wears too much perfume in college. Makes me sneeze and it is hard for me to concentrate on the lesson. This infringes on MY right to learn. That post about minding your own business cause she pays to go there is a bunch of crap. Perfume has no place when people need clean air to breath.

That's fine. No sane person is going to argue with that.

But moaning about the way people run? holding the handlebars? running too heavy?

Pathetic.
  • Symphony2010
    Symphony2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When they sing out loud to whatever they're listening to on their iPod. I didn't come for a concert lol
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    As long as the person on the next treadmill stays there and doesn't hop on mine I couldn't care less what they get up to. They could run naked for all I care because I'm busy minding my own business and working on my own body.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    People actually pay to be at the gym just like you do. I hope those judging others are really happy & offer to pay those people to workout then.... cause you all must be superior. Sorry but you people make me sick.

LOL, did you even read the OP?
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Oh Geez. Making fun of people wasn't good enough for one thread? Get a life people.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In to stay current on people complaining online about other people complaining online about other people...(because hypocrisy is my favorite form of entertainment). And who would have guessed that people would have more treadmill observations than weightlifting observations?

Speaking of treadmills, while I'm glad that endomondo has finally added treadmill:walking and treadmill:running to their app, I wish they would make the map be off by default. I can see on their website where I can *hide* the map, but can't figure out how to delete it. While a map of the GPS error during my run/walk is interesting, I'd prefer not to have it attached to my run/walk.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I really hate when people make fun of others holding the handlebars while using an incline. I used the incline for the first time the other day and yes, I held the bars.
    And you know what? I was damn proud of myself for using the incline in the first place.
    I would hate to think that there were people judging me while I was feeling so proud of myself.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    PLEASE for the love of god STOP cranking the treadmill to a ridiculous incline THEN HOLDING on to the bars/ handle for dear life!?!?!?! You are just CHEATING yourself!!!!!!! :devil:
    IF you or your legs cant carry the incline and or weight SLOWWWW the machine down AND DONT INCLINE IT!!!!

ok rant over :bigsmile:

P.S hotttieeezz of MFP feel fre to PM ME
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I really hate when people make fun of others holding the handlebars while using an incline. I used the incline for the first time the other day and yes, I held the bars.
    And you know what? I was damn proud of myself for using the incline in the first place.
    I would hate to think that there were people judging me while I was feeling so proud of myself.

You would have had a better workout if you would have gone flat with no incline and carrying your whole weight without holding on to the bars.
    anyways you do look hot !!:devil:
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    When I've just finished my lifting session, and someone on the treadmill tries to have a nice little chat with me.

...:explode:

i hate it when i try to have a convo with someone who just finished their lift session and they seem to be not paying attention to me...
    tumblr_m8i9caZOSn1rct6hqo1_500.gif
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

No one asked you to admit whether you held onto the bars or not.. be proud that you wasted so much time getting a poor burn by cheating. Go for the elliptical, there you can hold onto the bars, free up the treadmill at the gym and still get a great workout!
  • vcancel
    vcancel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I find this entire thread to be negative and de-motivating.

I feel bad for the people who just started and have lower self-esteem but are out there making an effort only to know now that they are being judged by others.

Un-frigging-real.

You all must be so amazing.
  • vcancel
    vcancel Posts: 96 Member
    Options

No one asked you to admit whether you held onto the bars or not.. be proud that you wasted so much time getting a poor burn by cheating. Go for the elliptical, there you can hold onto the bars, free up the treadmill at the gym and still get a great workout!

Did you really just tell her how to work out? To free up a treadmill at the gym? Seriously? Get a frigging life.
  • Ajellyfish77
    Ajellyfish77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I SO hear you! What the heck!? I was in the locker room after my work out the other day and AFTER this woman BATHS in body spray right next to the "Scent free enviroment" poster she says "I hope you aren't one of these people with 'allergies' " no no don't mind me I always gag water and cough this time of day LOL she was on her way UP TO her work out :P ...why? WHY DO THEY DO THAT? LOL
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options

Agree.

This is a reason I hate going to the gym, people like this who judge others. We all go to the gym to be fit and stay fit. You guys snarky remarks make poeple who already have confidence issues hate themselves even more.
    Be considerate.
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options

Did you really just tell her how to work out? To free up a treadmill at the gym? Seriously? Get a frigging life.

Everyone starts at a different level! Handles or not they're still working out.
    Get off your high horse.