Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• greatfoodlady
    Options
    LOL ! (@ Mary) Got 23 chickens.. and yes, the eggs are yummy! But I only eat the whites...
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I just made this the other night:

Mixed up the zest of an orange, some chopped rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper in a couple tablespoons of plain greek yogurt. Slathered that on a couple chicken breasts and let them marinate in the fridge for an hour or so.

Preheated the broiler in the oven and put the rack at the highest level. Popped the chicken in (I made a little foil tray on a baking sheet - it contains any run-off juices/fat/marinade to keep them from spreading and smoking too much) and cooked it for about 8 minutes a side.

Had couscous and a simple salad on the side. Total work time on the meal was 20 minutes, tops.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    chicken breast tenderloins, rinse off dry well roll in hummus to coat well. Bake 420 about 25 minutes till brown and crispety good! Hummus fried chicken. Use different flavors to switch it up!
    This is very intriguing!
  • autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bake thin-sliced chicken with pesto on top at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Add (a small amount) fresh mozzarella on top and pop back in the oven for a few more minutes. Best sides - fresh steamed broccoli and cauliflower! Low cal and flavorful!

ooooh, this one is going to be made in my kitchen very soon !...yum
  • greatfoodlady
    Options
    I have a couple quick easy favorites that are pretty healthy, this is one of my favorites (even my picky eaters like it).

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I trim any fat, and pound to make them even)
    1c kraft zesty italian light dressing
    1c Sweet Ray's BBQ Sauce

Marinate the chicken breasts in the dressing for at least 2 hours (the longer the better the additional flavor)
    On the Foreman Grill I brown the outsides for about 2 minutes, then brush with the BBQ sauce.

It works out so each breast has 1 tsp of the dressing, and 1 tbs of the BBQ sauce so you are looking at about 150 calories per breast (they are 3oz each).

For the sides I will take broccoli or asparagus cut accordingly toss in about 1-2 tbs EVOO add garlic and fresh ground pepper, then broil for 5-7 minutes. If I'm in the mood for potato's then I will take the yukon gold or red potato's, chop into 1" squares, put a little ranch seasoning mix on them and broil for about 15 minutes (halfway through you pull them out and toss them a bit so they get crispy on all sides).

Nice healthy meal for around 400-450 calories, good protein and you get a little bit of the good fat with the EVOO.

Sounds delish, but what is EVOO??
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I liberally coat a few boneless skinless chicken breasts in cracked black pepper and a little sea salt, then saute them in two tablespoons of olive oil. Remove them from the pan and cover them with foil to keep warm; set aside. Add two cloves minced garlic and a minced shallot back into the pan, cook for five minutes, then add a cup of white cooking wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce for a few minutes, add capers, and pour over chicken.

I serve it with a baby spinach salad dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic vinaigrette.
  • bransmi0207
    Options
    1lb chicken breast
    1 can chunk pineapple
    1 red bell pepper chopped
    1 red onion chopped
    Soy sauce and Sririchi according to taste

Throw all in crock pot till done and serve over rice. Under 400 calories for a large serving, (quarter of recipe plus 1 cup brown rice).

Sounds good! :smile: Definitely going to try this! Thank you
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Need to try the salsa chicken i loveeeee salsa! :) x
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i love this new ideas...when in a hurry i just marinade chicken in italian dressing and bake..works with any oil salad dressing
  • ClareKaczmarek
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to try some of these
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    This is my easiest yummiest chicken that I take a lot for work lunch. For one serving:

Bake chicken breast with Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime
    Cook 1/2 bell pepper and 1 small onion (both sliced) for a few of minutes on the stove top with a tiny bit of oil and a little Mrs. Dash (I also like to add half a serving of frozen corn)
    Slice up the cooked chicken
    Put them together and put 1 tbsp Annie's Cowgirl Ranch and 1 tbsp sour cream, stir it up a bit :wink:

I usually make several servings at a time of course, so usually I'll do 3-4 breasts, 2 bell peppers, and 3-4 onions.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump! Awesome post.
  • adozenunholyowls
    adozenunholyowls Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine is very easy too:

Skinless chicken breast fillet, spread with one tablespoon of pesto and topped with one tablespoon of parmesan and baked in the oven for 30 mins. Makes a lovely parmesan crust and the pesto really flavours the chicken.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump to read later, I see lots of yumminess :)
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish, but what is EVOO??

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • sashastackhouse
    sashastackhouse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dukkah crusted chicken with roasted veggies

Chicken breasts
    Dukkah seasoning (I got it from Trader Joe's. It's an Egyptian seasoning made of nuts, herbs and spices)
    Potatoes, onion, garlic, eggplant (basically anything that I have lying around that I can roast!)
    Olive oil
    Salt and pepper

Cut up all of the veggies into small pieces, toss in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Put in the oven at about 415 F for 15-20 min.
    Pour dukkah onto a small plate. Take chicken breasts and press them into dukkah mixture, coating both sides. Add oil to a hot pan and sear the chicken breasts until cooked. Serve with roasted veggies.

Very yummy and filling!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    2 chicken breasts, a cup of water, and a jar of jerk marinade.
    Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
    Shred the chicken with a fork
    throw the meat and sauce on a pita with some lettuce and wrap it up.

Jerk chicken on a pita...yummmmmm
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    marinade chicken breast in italian dressing and tony chachere creole seasoning overnight. brown chicken in skillet(about 2 minutes each side), bake at 350 for 25 minutes. browning the chicken before baking keeps in the moistness