share your NSV for today!

Options

Replies

• amyaroja
    amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My scale hasn't budged, but hubby told me I look better!
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I went shopping and decided to try on a size 16 for the first time since losing weight, and they were too big! Had to get the 15s! And tried on a size 16 in silver jeans, and they fit ! Looks like I'm officially back to my high school size :D
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I moved the resistance up a notch on my stationary bike and did a full hour. :)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I've got very puny delts, just got the ok to work on them and in two days I'm already feeling a little stronger.
  • lbk1969
    lbk1969 Posts: 10
    Options
    My mom took me shopping for a new suit to celebrate a new job.

Clerk at Store #1: "What size are you? A 6?"
    Me and Mom: Giggle helplessly. "I don't think so. Maybe a 10, maybe an 8?"
    Three size 6 suits fit. She even made me try on a dress shirt in a SIZE TWO, and I could get it on!

Clerk at Store #2: "What size are you? A 6?"
    Me: "Um. Maybe?"
    There nothing fit, but it was about the cut of the arms, not the "sizes."

Clerk at Store #3: "What size are you?"
    Me: "Um, a six or an eight."
    Clerk #3: "Ok, well that's perfectly in our 'small' size, right over here."

I came home with a size 6 skirt, a size 6 jacket, a size 6 dress, and a "medium" dress. And a 34D bra.

I have not worn a size 6 since I was 13 years old. Nor a 34-anything bra. That was 30 years ago. I've lost 36.5 lbs and gone from a size 14 or 16 to a size 6 in the last 1.5 years.
  • DarkDiva2005
    Options
    This may sound a little silly, but I just got out of the shower... and the regular towel completely covers me! :) No more beach towels or having to run because the regular ones don't close around me fully lol
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    didn't try on new workout pants at lulu today because i know the size i wear. got home and they are definitely way too big. maybe even 2 sizes too big. made my day!
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Went down a notch on my belt today. :happy:
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! These are all inspirations!
  • saldelmar
    saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I ate homemade, incredibly delicious cookies that were sent to us by a close family friend. Afterwards, instead of feeling any particular way about that (i.e., feeling "bad" or "guilty"), I just burned extra calories today... I lifted, then did a longer session on the elliptical than usual. I'm proud that I'm more conscious of how emotions are tied up with eating, and of trying to disentangle the two.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I was working out today when my fiance came home and he told me that I looked so much thinner! It was nice to hear especially since I've been working really hard recently :)

He also said that my workout looked really hard - ex Varsity swimmer taking here so that made me feel awesome!
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    Everyone of you on here is so awesome!!!! I recently purchased size 12 jeans down from 26 a little over a year ago, Had a co-worker hand me a pair of size 10 dress pants and for giggles I tried them on and i could actually fasten them, they will look a little better in a few weeks but I can not remember ever being this small except maybe in middle school. I also bought a size Small belt.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I pulled off five, one min planks today. Just doing a one min plank was one of my mini goals :)
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    I did a 12.3 km power walk through the bush, very steep up and down today in 141 minutes. When I started MFP I could barely walk 30mins on flat at a very slow pace!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yesterday 1 hour on elliptical, at 4 + mph and level 3 to 4 resist and . 14 mile bike ride today. I can remember when I was gasping and dying after 5 minutes on the stationary and elliptical. Whoop, Whoop!!!

I have put 2530 miles on the stationary bike. I may have to splurge on a new one :0
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    mine: When I started this journey, my bras were tight on the 3rd (the last) clasp. Today, I had to use the 1st clasp and it's possible they might be too big :)

#2: I had to tighten my watch band. Who knew you could lose weight in your wrists??

Mine too, just told my hubby tonight I need new bras LOL The same with my watch band and I also noticed if I am not careful my wedding ring falls right off my finger. So it looks like I will need to get that sized and pretty soon.
  • DiannaDC
    DiannaDC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1) My bras are too big. In fact I even ordered new sports bras in a smaller size and they fit so well!

2) My belt is pulled as tight as it can go to the last notch! YAY!

3) My 'tight' pants are loose

4) I can run over three miles, lift, and run another mile and a half in under an hour and a half.

5) My rings are too big for my fingers
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Dropped off my size 10 pants to goodwill :) - NOT EVER GOING BACK!

Threw out my large sized panties :) - NOT EVER GOING BACK!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Had a really stressful day, but instead of going to the store and buying chocolate cake, i bought myself some nice-smelling flowers instead!
  • txs78746
    txs78746 Posts: 24
    Options
    my nsv for today is that even though my gym partner couldnt go tonight I still went, I suffer from severe anxiety which makes it difficult to drive in the dark and to go training on my own, so for me this is a big NSV.

Actually posting here something positive about myself is another. x

Great to hear that you went anyway. Makes my reasons for not going to the gym seem lame. You inspire me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!