things that make you laugh at the gym...

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Another guy that gets on the treadmill and he does his little stretching routine. I die laughing every time I see it. He only runs for like 10 minutes then then goes to lift weights. Very funny watching him stretch for the weight lifting also.

Wait.. what's funny about that?
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    The girls who show up in their velour track suits or their super short/tight shorts with their makeup all done and their hair down/teased. I'm just like really?? You look so ridiculous!! I can't help but laugh. Actually, not too long back, there was a girl wearing a short/tight leopard print skirt on the eliptical!! Can we say desperate?!

I think those girls look hot.

Hearing women complain about other women at the gym amuses me.

Never once have I heard a guy give two poops about what another guy is wearing at the gym.

I think it's you with the insecurities.

:flowerforyou:

Maybe men should care...there is this one guy who is good looking, in good shape, and wears what I can only assume is his favorite workout shirt. I think it started out as white and now is just stained with a gazillion gallons of sweat cause it is nasty yellow. I don't care how often that he cleans it....it's nasty. I suppose his Bros don't tell him cause they think it makes them look better (for the record it does).

Funny...when someone on the lat pulldown is yanked off their seat, and then tries to act like they meant that to happen.
  • SPARTA1013
    SPARTA1013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym yesterday and this girl walked in, attractive and all but she was wearing a zebra print mid-drift shirt, and the shortest pink shorts I've ever seen. My question is why? She clearly wants attention, however guys were leering at her all over, it was more so the guys making fools of themselves than the absurd looking girl... I just want to work out and go home.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When bros squat in the curl rack

You calling me a bro, bro?

Na, I don't do this... too often.
  • alexapatel
    alexapatel Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The girl on booty shorts...and ugg boots.
  • mreneecohen
    mreneecohen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The girls who show up in their velour track suits or their super short/tight shorts with their makeup all done and their hair down/teased. I'm just like really?? You look so ridiculous!! I can't help but laugh. Actually, not too long back, there was a girl wearing a short/tight leopard print skirt on the eliptical!! Can we say desperate?!

I second the loads of make-up!!!
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Never once have I heard a guy give two poops about what another guy is wearing at the gym.

No. It bothers me too, but not becuase I am insecure. They only bother me in the locker room when I have to pee. They stand and talk in front of the door to the bathroom and then stand at the sinks doing their hair and makeup or taking pictures. If they got out of the way, I don't think I would notice them. I don't see they in the GYM area at all though, so I am really not sure what they do with their time, if they ever leave the locker room.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm an *kitten* and laugh at uncoordinated people in aerobics classes. I keep it to myself, though.
  • haliebest
    haliebest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the women in full makeup/hair done may be coming straight from work, are on their lunch break, etc.... No need to judge. I really don't think many people would actually spend time getting ready to go to the gym. I see a big difference in how women look at the gym going at 6:00 am and 6:00 pm- a lot more "done up" women in the evening.

If I lose enough weight to be comfortable wearing cute outfits to the gym, you better believe I will be :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

No. It bothers me too, but not becuase I am insecure. They only bother me in the locker room when I have to pee. They stand and talk in front of the door to the bathroom and then stand at the sinks doing their hair and makeup or taking pictures. If they got out of the way, I don't think I would notice them. I don't see they in the GYM area at all though, so I am really not sure what they do with their time, if they ever leave the locker room.

I'm highly doubting that they're going to the gym just to do their hair and make up.

Even if they are . . . . who cares?

Workout. Take a shower, Get dressed and get on with your day.

This whole thing just comes off as really petty to me.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    There are two women at the gym who do what I can only describe "Interpretive Elliptical"! They'll wave their arms dramatically one-at-a-time in large, fluid circles, toss their head from side to side, point upwards and then swing their arms around again. It is ludicrous!

(I don't laugh at those ridiculous girls who make-up and dress specifically for male attention; they're just too idiotic to give that much attention to.)
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I love the men that workout at a ridiculous rate when they know you are watching them :-)

I hate when I'm finishing a long run on the treadmill, sweating my *kitten* off and dying inside. Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to me and I have to turn into an elite, super-fit marathoner! When actually my inner run monologue is this,

10 minutes in - Wow, I feel good, I love to run!!
    20 minutes in - damn, only 20 minutes?? WTF is this song playing on my phone?
    21 minutes in - I f***ing hate this song!!!
    30 minutes in - halfway there, damn only half way? I hate running! I want to go home, order a pizza and get fat again!
    40 minutes in - you can do it, just stop *****ing and keep going
    41 minutes in - wtf? This song is playing again??
    50 minutes in - 10 minutes left, almost done, I am sooooo not a runner, this sucks!
    55 minutes in - Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to mine, I move my speed up to a speed I can barely run at without falling off the treadmill
    60 minutes - done, she smiles, I smile back like I love to run!!
  • christywolfe
    Options
    I try not to laugh at folks going to the gym(I'm pretty sure I'm one of the ones getting laughed at because I trip on the treadmill ALL the time). But the thing that does tickle my funny bone is the location of our gym. Right now, we're next door to a pizza parlor. Next month, we'll be moving behind a doughnut shop... Talk about will power...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I love the men that workout at a ridiculous rate when they know you are watching them :-)

I hate when I'm finishing a long run on the treadmill, sweating my *kitten* off and dying inside. Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to me and I have to turn into an elite, super-fit marathoner! When actually my inner run monologue is this,

10 minutes in - Wow, I feel good, I love to run!!
    20 minutes in - damn, only 20 minutes?? WTF is this song playing on my phone?
    21 minutes in - I f***ing hate this song!!!
    30 minutes in - halfway there, damn only half way? I hate running! I want to go home, order a pizza and get fat again!
    40 minutes in - you can do it, just stop *****ing and keep going
    41 minutes in - wtf? This song is playing again??
    50 minutes in - 10 minutes left, almost done, I am sooooo not a runner, this sucks!
    55 minutes in - Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to mine, I move my speed up to a speed I can barely run at without falling off the treadmill
    60 minutes - done, she smiles, I smile back like I love to run!!

My monologue pretty much goes "If I just act calm and pretend this is a warmup, I can get off and go lift. That'll look a lot better than cranking it to 10 mph, turning beet red, and passing out mid stride."
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    I LOVE watching people at the gym. Not to judge them though, because I truly have no right to judge anyone. I just like watching people, I have been that way my whole life.

There is this older man that comes to the gym and he has been going there since I started, he has essentially seen me transform from 330 pounds until today at 215. He always gives me thumbs up and he never misses an opportunity to get on the machine next to me and pretend he is competing with me. I love him! He cracks me up.

I got to say though that I don't understand the girls who come in with all their make up on. I want to look good too so I wear my mascara, but I am always afraid if I have on a lot of make up that I will sweat it off. I am NOT judging them because they can do as they please (and honestly they look really pretty) I just wonder how they don't sweat it off.

I also chuckle at the older couples that come in together. I just think it's sweet.

Oh and the older women that I watch get on the treadmill and then they bust out with huge inclines. I always laugh because by the looks of them you just wouldn't think they could do that, but they do! I'm always impressed. They really work it out.
  • shortie1am
    Options
    The girl who thinks booty short underwear suffice as shorts... >.<
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I saw two young woman at the gym holding little 2-3 pound dumbbells and waving them around with no particular form while they chatted. I wanted to ask where they got their routine from and which muscles were they were working. It seriously made no sense.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I'm highly doubting that they're going to the gym just to do their hair and make up.

Even if they are . . . . who cares?

Workout. Take a shower, Get dressed and get on with your day.

This whole thing just comes off as really petty to me.

Trust me, do. I really don't care why they are there. I barely notice. I just find anyone annoying who just stares at them in the mirror when I want to get my *kitten* done and get out. It is hard to do that when people are busy posing for facebook pictures all over the locker room. Ill just use the men's next time, it seems you don't have this problem.
  • ShannaHeidelberg
    Options
    One of my friends shared a pic on facebook. The caption read something like "Only in Midland, Texas would you see a guy working out on the elliptical in his insulated bib coveralls." I looked at the picture and immediately knew it was one of my friends. I sent the picture to him letting him know he'd gone "viral". lol He hasn't stopped working out in his coveralls though! Whatever it takes!
  • 7under2
    7under2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I see this one all the time: Someone gets on the treadmill, sets the incline to some ridiculous level, and starts walking. But rather than walking upright like a normal human, they hang on to the machine and lean back, thus negating the incline entirely. If you look at them from the side and tilt your head, you see that they're simply walking upright on a slanted machine. If you're going to do that, just walk on a 0 incline and you won't have to worry about pretending to water ski.