What have you NEVER done because you were overweight ?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Me too. I just want to feel confident in ANY bathing suit.
  • lessofkimberly
    lessofkimberly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It has been years since I was able to ride rides at theme parks that had safty straps. I cant wait to ride a roller coaster this summer.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hang my head up high no matter where I go/what I wear/who I meet/what I'm doing...

While I've never been overweight, I struggle with binge eating and overeating which has caused many bouts of rapid weight gains and bloating looks the worst. ):
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    For a DIFFERENT way of looking at this, check out THIS thread:

all the things you HAVE done, WHILE overweight!!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929714-what-have-you-done-even-though-you-are-were-overweight
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Worn a swimsuit I actually felt comfortable/pretty/confident in.

Been confident enough to look people in the eyes.
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Run a 10k
    To go to any clothes shop and be able to try anything on instead of plus size shops
    For my husband to be able to pick me up without breaking his back
    Wear sexy underwear
    Keep up with my 4 year old
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try and have a baby. We have been thinking about it for a while, and I don't want to do it when I am over weight because of all the problems. I not severly over weight, but it still scares me. So When I get down to almost my goal--I wanna get fat with a baby in my belly :)
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    -stop avoiding the camera and actually stand confidently in the front!
    - believe all the positive things my amazing husband says to me.
    - get down to a healthy weight so insurance will cover part of my tummy tuck. I have split abs and excessive loose skin from delivering full term twins. Maybe I won't want one but I at least want the option.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I look forward to getting out of the pool and not immediately feeling like I have to wrap a towel around me.
    I feel the exact same way :-/
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I look forward to getting out of the pool and not immediately feeling like I have to wrap a towel around me.

Ohhh good one!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to wear a bikini... not sure I ever will because of my stretch marks even if I felt fit enough to! :sad:

But something I can accomplish now that I never could while overweight -- Running a 5k!
  • WHR200
    WHR200 Posts: 20
    Options
    Run a half marathon.
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wear clothes that are in style!! I'm a mommy jeans and yoga pants kind of girl now. Pair those with an oversized tshirt or hoodie and I'm good to go.
  • xluvnlifex
    xluvnlifex Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wore a bikini (and I live in San Diego)

or a mini skirt

or a dress

and never asked out the guy I was completely in to because how could he possibly ever like someone that looks like me.
  • AncientLullaby_
    Options
    I have always wanted to wear skinny jeans with a simple tank-top but never did because of my big fat arms -_- I'm still scared and self-consious of it
    :cry:
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Haven't worn single digits since before the dawn of time.

Haven't worn a bikini since my age was in the single digits.

Haven't worn anything more than an inch above the knee in public.

Haven't bought/ worn the "sexy" bra and panty sets that can't handle my DD's.

Oh, there are so many more.

"Haven't bought/ worn the "sexy" bra and panty sets that can't handle my DD's."

THIS! It's like they make the lingerie bigger but they forget to add more support!
  • Roxie8611
    Roxie8611 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Never worn a bikini! THAT is my biggest motivation being that I am going to Ibiza this summer....28lbs to go :)
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    worn a string bikini. never even tried one on until like 2 weeks ago... and I bought it! can't wait to wear it at the end of May and hopefully I will be 20 more lbs down!
  • recee27
    recee27 Posts: 34
    Options
    Wear a regular bathing suit. I will NEVER put on a bikini, even if my body looked good enough. But I want to be able to wear a bathing suit in public and not have to have a cover up on the ENTIRE time because I hate all the stares I get because of my size. I know that's not going to happen this summer, but by next summer I want to be ROCKIN' in whatever I wear!! LOL
  • vv523
    vv523 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Wear spandex! i would have look like a ball!