things that make you laugh at the gym...

Options

Replies

• isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the women in full makeup/hair done may be coming straight from work, are on their lunch break, etc.... No need to judge. I really don't think many people would actually spend time getting ready to go to the gym. I see a big difference in how women look at the gym going at 6:00 am and 6:00 pm- a lot more "done up" women in the evening.

If I lose enough weight to be comfortable wearing cute outfits to the gym, you better believe I will be :)

I agree with this. I also go to the gym in makeup when I go right after work...and i will also wear cute gym clothes one day... we all want to look and feel better, I dont hate on "those" girls, if i had some of their bodies I wouldn't even wear clothes.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I chuckle to myself when a dude picks up some dumbbells, then sees the dumbbells I'm using and one-ups me by 5 lb.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I remember this little chick - she was about 5'1" and just killer bod - I had seen her around the gym, but that was about it. She hops up on one of the stair steppers, kicks it into high gear - literally as high as it'll go. She was about 1/2 way through when all the sudden, she stops, looks at the clock, and says, "OH MY GOSH! I have to teach a class!" jumps off the machine and takes off. Obviously, she turned out to be one of the aerobics instructors.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I chuckle to myself when a dude picks up some dumbbells, then sees the dumbbells I'm using and one-ups me by 5 lb.

It's even more funny when the weight your are doing is a warmup weight and he can't get up 3 rep. Then you go up 15 pounds and pound out 8.lol,

There's always someone in the gym who thinks they're a badass.
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    :laugh: When my pants split in the *kitten* while doing squats.
  • liftingbro
    Options

I had a similar thing happen. I have not picked up new shorts since losing 40 pounds and they are sort of loose. I really have to tie them up tight so they don't fall off. Well, I got some tighter fitting athletic undies not long ago and they are sort of made out of this slick material. So I get on the treadmill and start wlaking, no problem. Start running and after a while my damn shorts were slipped all the way down to the middle of my rear... :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm sure people laugh at me when I'm working out. If I have my iPod on I'll lip sync and play air drums as I'm running.
  • Katreise
    Katreise Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What makes me laugh is when the girls do Strenghth Training...the form is so bad! i turn to them when they do a fake "tricep curl" and say YOUR CHEATING..and then i get up there and show them...and they start fussing and say THAT HURTS..i laugh...but i give up and walk away...
  • Katreise
    Katreise Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is nothing worse to look over and say WHOA..Booty Crack!! awww hell!!!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Girls that go to the gym in teeny short shorts and only a sports bra.

Put some clothes on.

And, YES - It bothers me because I am totally insecure and wish I looked that good in teeny short shorts and a sports bra!
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love the men that workout at a ridiculous rate when they know you are watching them :-)

I hate when I'm finishing a long run on the treadmill, sweating my *kitten* off and dying inside. Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to me and I have to turn into an elite, super-fit marathoner! When actually my inner run monologue is this,

10 minutes in - Wow, I feel good, I love to run!!
    20 minutes in - damn, only 20 minutes?? WTF is this song playing on my phone?
    21 minutes in - I f***ing hate this song!!!
    30 minutes in - halfway there, damn only half way? I hate running! I want to go home, order a pizza and get fat again!
    40 minutes in - you can do it, just stop *****ing and keep going
    41 minutes in - wtf? This song is playing again??
    50 minutes in - 10 minutes left, almost done, I am sooooo not a runner, this sucks!
    55 minutes in - Hot woman gets on the treadmill next to mine, I move my speed up to a speed I can barely run at without falling off the treadmill
    60 minutes - done, she smiles, I smile back like I love to run!!

This is absolutely hysterical. I do the same thing with cute guys.
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    Several years ago, I aquired a free one day pass to a local gym. Sure why not I'll try it out for a day.

After my workout, in the locker room. There was a guy in his mid 60's, who had just showered, still toweling off, stands right next to me and strikes up a conversation, everything hanging out...

I laughed after I left in a creeped out kinda of way.
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I want to laugh when I see elderly people doing cardio at a much higher resistance or speed than me. I have to laugh to keep from getting discouraged by how out of shape I am. I respect and admire them, but I also don't like getting smoked by an 80-year-old.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    One of my friends shared a pic on facebook. The caption read something like "Only in Midland, Texas would you see a guy working out on the elliptical in his insulated bib coveralls." I looked at the picture and immediately knew it was one of my friends. I sent the picture to him letting him know he'd gone "viral". lol He hasn't stopped working out in his coveralls though! Whatever it takes!

Ha ha ha! That is funny. You've got great friends.
  • liftingbro
    Options
    I want to laugh when I see elderly people doing cardio at a much higher resistance or speed than me. I have to laugh to keep from getting discouraged by how out of shape I am. I respect and admire them, but I also don't like getting smoked by an 80-year-old.

It is pretty discouraging when an old timer totally kicks your rear in the gym. You can be like them some day and kick some young punk's butt in the gym.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    If I were her, I would not assume you were trying to pick me up. I do think what you did was very thoughtful and considerate of you. It can be really embarrassing just going to the gym overweight, let alone have something like that happen. I am sure she is very thankful you did that :) It sounds like you being there could have been the difference in her sticking to a workout routine or allowing that 1 fall to make her not want to go back to the gym.

You are a great inspiration, bro!
    Another thing that I saw a few weeks ago is this woman, maybe in her 20's, on the treadmill. She was probably 80+ pounds overweight by my guess and huffing and puffing quite a bit, going too hard. I'm guessing she was just starting to workout. Well, she got her feet tangled up and went down hard, which wasn't funny. I happened to be walking down the isle when it happened and being the hopeless white knight I am I walked over to help her up and make sure she's OK. She eneded up being OK but said she was going to leave because she was too embarrassed to get back on. So, I told her that wasn't a good reason and that I would hop on the treadmill next to her ( I was looking for an open one anyway) for moral support. She took up the offer and got back on and finished her routine (slower though) and she's now I see here there most nights back at it. I didn't get her name, didn't talk to her at all after she got back on the treamill though.

The funny part is when I got home and told my wife. Luckily my wife knows me and knows that I don't have the first clue about picking up women. My wife says, "Ya know, she probably thought you were trying to pick her up". I'm so clueless that it never dawned on my that I probably looked like a creeper. :grumble:
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The one thing that tickles me is when I'm on an elliptical with my resistance at 8 or 10 and someone gets on one beside me and will up their resistance. :laugh: I like to think that I'm inspiring them :-)
  • donthegeek
    donthegeek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I watch people when I'm at the gym. I get bored and distract myself by people watching.

But the funniest thing I ever saw at the gym was myself back when I was still active duty Air Force (years ago). I was doing aerobics as mandated by my commander due to my weight issue. I think I was 5' 10" and 184 lbs at the time. Anyway, I was trying to keep up but being as uncoordinated as I am, I lost my balance and took out the entire back row of exercisers. We all ended up on our butts just as the instructor was having the class do one of those turn around moves.

To this day I chuckle whenever I see a group doing aerobics.
  • joelxwilliams
    joelxwilliams Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Happened to me yesterday, waistband to leg cuff, DOH!
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If I lose enough weight to be comfortable wearing cute outfits to the gym, you better believe I will be :)
    [/quote]

^^^^THIS