Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    1. I lose a lot of time in front of the mirror
    2. My shirts never fit around my biceps now.
    3. I now check out women and picture them doing a proper squat technique...if they look like they can't squat, I can't have those biznatches talking to me.
    4) No I won't pose for your calendar (True story<---this from my 100 year old coworker asking me to volunteer for her Men of Sierra Vista Calendar)...what a creeper.
    5) An over inflated ego that replaces all the weight lost.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Saggy, Saggy Boobs - god they are horrible to look at
    Wrinkled hanging skin - also terrible
    Having to constantly replace clothes - while a good thing not a good thing on the pocket book
    Have my feet size go down a whole size - how the hell does your feet size change???? LOL

Noting a boob lift, tummy tuck and unlimited credit card couldn't fix (sigh)
  • kjm04
    kjm04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much weight yet but this crap of being inbetween sizes is for the birds. I look forward to the day that I have lost a lot of weight to get new clothes but on the down side don't have money to keep buying new ones. Guess just gonna have to find a good belt :)
  • fatolelatdy
    fatolelatdy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i am actually looking forward to a "B" cup (currently a C) i figure as i age there will be less weight to sag. i do agree with clothing issues. before i came to this site i had lost 20ish lbs already, think it all from my rear and my legs. currently trouser size 14/16 and the pants legs are huge. but if i get low rise pants size 12. i really need that mid drift budge to disappear.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    You know what sucks about losing all this weight, and getting in shape?

Absolutely nothing. Are you all mad?
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    I get excited about whey protein powder coming in the mail.

I have no money to buy whey but when I find the $60 to buy it I'm absolutely overjoyed. (guess that doesn't suck...but it's different)

My pants don't fit. I walk through target struggling to get them to stay up.

My boobs...
  • cinfaro
    cinfaro Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    1. people telling me that I am at my perfect weight, even though I feel differently
    2. Still having "fat brain"
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Agreed! LoL
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When you're making salmon and mashed cauliflower for dinner and your boyfriend comes home with pizza for himself and the kids!

-_- I wanted to cry, it's just not fair sometimes. I even look at a piece of pizza and gain 5 lbs. He, on the other hand can eat half a large pizza and the other half tomorrow for lunch and not even gain a pound.

You need to try and get him onboard to eating healthy. Lucky for me I talked to my husband and my 16 year old son and told them that they only way I am going to be able to be successful at this is if they are eating the same foods. I am not "dieting", I am changing to a healthy way of eating. Neither one of them need to worry about it at all. However they do realize that they feel better when they eat healthy.

This has been an enormous help to me. I haven't completely conquered my eating but I am getting there. I am currently losing the recommended 1 pounds per week. Hopefully that means I will keep it off!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I agree on the clothes issues....I have found an online yardsale site in my area where I take pics of my old clothes and sell them, then use that money to go to the goodwill or second hand shops to buy "new" clothes. I think of it as recycling!!
  • TdaniT
    Options
    1. Losing 100 lbs and people still thinking you're chubby and looking at how much you still have to lose when all you want to do is jump up and down and yell about how amazing life is -100lbs.
    2. Looking in the mirror and forgetting all the progress when you see how much there still is to do.
    3. sagginess in my belly and boobs. At least when I was big I was pretty firm. Now things are flabby and jiggly. I'm trying to tone, but I have a lot left to lose (50-75 lbs to go). The fat hides all the muscle I'm building underneath.
    4. Buying pants and them being parachutes in a month. Having pants taken in and them being parachutes in a month. I just started wearing leggings most of the time. Just have to deal with pants for work.
    5. Losing all my weight in my legs and butt, and my belly still looking pregnant. I'm worried I'm going to end up a size 6 on bottom and XL still on top. No amount of crunches lowers the amount my belly sticks out. No amount of losing weight/working out gives me the same shape as pre-weight gain. at this weight before, I was a beautiful hourglass. Now I feel like a beanbag chair.
    6. Wanting to start a family in the next few years. Worried I will lose 150 lbs just to gain a lot of it back in pregnancy. Wanting to reward myself with a breast lift when this is over (going from a 44H to a current 38D, I assume they will get even smaller. I want a C cup hopefully by the time I reach goal weight, but I don't want them to look like deflated balloons.), but afraid to get the breast lift before babies because I heard it will defeat the purpose?
    7. Worried that I'll be stuck in skinny body but with saggy boobs/belly for 5-7 years while having kids and growing the family, until we're done with children and I can get things lifted. I worry that simply toning will never put my body the way it could have been if I'd never gained the weight.
    8. stretch marks. All over me.
    9. Worried that I'll do all this hard work and still never dare to wear a bikini because of the stretch marks/loose skin.
    10. I'm losing weight in my face and I don't want to lose my cheeks!!!
    11. my step mom lost a huge amount of weight and she looks ten years older than she is because of the extra skin/saggy neck. I want to look my age still when this is over (which is 23 by the way.)
    12. I love the compliments actually, but people get used to your new size and then the compliments stop. :(
    13. My family (parents) refuse to notice or acknowledge the hard work, because they thought I was fat the first time I weighed this amount, in high school. They won't think I've acheived success until I have my breast bone showing. Yuck.
    14. My husband has no idea how to lose weight or the proper way to support me because he's been skinny with skinny mom and sisters his whole life. The idea of losing weight is foreign to him. He tries to help but gets confused. Some days he serves me an apple for dinner thinking he's doing the right thing, some days he says "you're not eating enough, I'm worried it's not healthy" or "I'm going to miss your softness, don't get all hard with muscle and bony". I try to explain to him what I'm doing/ why an apple a day is starving yourself and wrong, and it feels like I'm making excuses to eat and horrifies me.
    15. Which leads to the last one, which is that aligning your desires/retraining your mind to look at food correctly and not glorify it, sometimes you go over the top and dread food. You eat three or four bites of food, just enough to stop the hunger pains, and think "I should stop now." any bite over that, even if you're just trying to reach minimum calories for the day, feels like you're back on a binge and you're going to wake up 300 lbs again in the morning, and everything you've accomplished will dissapear.

Yay!!!! You lost 100lbs! That is freaking awesome!!!! Congratulations! Way to go! :drinker: :smile:
  • Unique_ways
    Unique_ways Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    MY BOOBSSSSSSSS.... I don't know where they went... :(
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. Other people get the "great job!" for losing 50 pounds or whatever, but when you only need to lose a few hardly anyone notices.
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    -Having a lot of people talk to me about food and weightloss on a constant basis...seriously gets old :P
    -Having a lot of people talk at me about their workout programs when they aren't actually doing them
    -dropping cash on a regular basis on clothing
    -People telling me I've lost too much weight
    -hearing about food all of the time - did I already say that one?!
    -I love my arms and shoulders! But my already broad shoulders are harder to fit into fitted shirts and jackets
  • HelenaHanbasket
    Options
    1. Wanting to get away from my own family because I am working to create a NEW LIFESTYLE for myself and they don't seem to be interested in getting healthy and I have to watch them eat JUNK and get more out of shape. I just want to surround myself with like-minded people and break out the cocoon.

2. People saying I do not need to lose weight- OMG- they need to spend time in MY HEAD and see what I SEE.

3.- People who criticize me for not being able to do certain things exercise wise. I was in an accident and have permanent damage. I still do everything I can do to the point of severe pain. I do not wanna create further damage. I feel like throat punching these people who have no physical limitations and then tell 'em to try to SWALLOW- It's the same sort of thing!!

4.- People who encourage you to cheat all the time. Get AWAY from me!

5.- Not having the $$ to keep up with clothes or get healthy food.

6.- Trying to make food that the family will not complain about/eat that is still healthy.

7.- People who try to tell you their NON HELPFUL tips.

8.- People who wanna know what you did to lose and then act like you told them to shoot themselves in the head because you did not say something easy like "I went on a chocolate I.V. drip diet". Seriously, people want to be lazy as hell and have some magic fix for their obesity!!

9. Feeling so much better about ME (A PLUS,) but having no support by family and having no one else who can relate to it. THANK GOD for MFP! I can't afford classes or a gym, so I know no one local that is on the same mission I am on.
  • Irish_Chica
    Irish_Chica Posts: 295
    Options
    1. I lose a lot of time in front of the mirror
    2. My shirts never fit around my biceps now.
    3. I now check out women and picture them doing a proper squat technique...if they look like they can't squat, I can't have those biznatches talking to me.
    4) No I won't pose for your calendar (True story<---this from my 100 year old coworker asking me to volunteer for her Men of Sierra Vista Calendar)...what a creeper.
    5) An over inflated ego that replaces all the weight lost.

Lol!!! Rough life being a babe!:)
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I hate when you run into people you haven't seen in a while & they notice the weight loss, but instead of a proper compliment it turns out insulting. For example, saying something to the effect "Wow, you've lost weight....you look so pretty now!" :huh:
  • TdaniT
    Options
    I think there's something wrong with my boobs because at 180lbs I was a 36DD and at 138lbs now I still wear a 34DD meaning the DD cup size is still the same. :|

My goal is to get to 120 (I'm 5'2) but if they stay DD I'll probably look ridiculous. :S

Welcome to my world. I have been a DD since high school, no matter what my weight. At one time I was 125lbs and a 34DD. smh
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh and when people that know you are trying to eat healthy put crap food in your face like cake and taunt you with it saying just take one bite it is not going to hurt you.

Tell them the smell is making you nauseous. I don't eat meat and sometimes people do this to me. I tell them the smell is revolting and if they don't remove it I'm going to throw up all over their food. Works every time. :-)
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't exactly vent about problems relating to losing weight to just anyone. Most people would be happy to see the pounds gone. Here are a few things I'm feeling sorry for myself about.
    -My boobs look terrible and my new bras look like training bras compared to my old ones. (36D to 36B) I'm losing all the weight from the waist up and making no progress on my butt and legs.
    -It takes twice the work to burn the same calories. (Yes, I know this just means I'm more fit.)
    -I have NO summer clothes besides tech tees and running shorts. And I'm between sizes at the moment so no shopping for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have lost 45 pounds and I'm eager to knock out the last 25 pounds. I just needed to vent. Add your complaints to the list.

my *kitten* is shrinking even though I do butt exercises. Dont know how to feel about that :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!