ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS!!! GREATEST THREAD EVER!!

Options

Replies

• Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

To set up your generic fat-loss diet calorie intake, all you need to is take your current body weight in LBS and multiply it by 10 or 12 calories. The number you see is your GUIDELINE maintenance calorie intake. It’s not perfect, like I said, we’re all different. IT’S A GUIDE. So in order to lose weight, at the end of every single day, you’re body needs to be at a caloric DEFICIT. This means you EAT UNDER THE AMOUNT of calories your body needs to maintain itself. SIMPLE. They say around 300-500 calories is recommended. If you do the math, stick to it and apply some exercise, you’ll lose weight.

I weigh 115 lbs, and want to lose 5 pounds. So you're saying I should be eating 1150 to 1380 lbs in order to lose? OR I should take 300 - 500 calories from THAT?
    I am now set at 1550 but on workout days i go up to 1700. not to mention that i have 2 2500 calorie days a week!
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    *bump to read later*
    Thanks for posting - looks like some valuable information
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    OK here is my questions I ve been working out almost everyday on the crossramp total body machine for 2months and throw in some body blast classes and strength training machines, usually total work out in a day is about 45mins, Ive been eating back most of my calories but now Ive started to gain weight by 2 pounds which has been on for 2 weeks now and I dont seem to be losing any weight any more, what I`m I doing wrong??

Please help, p.s. going away for a week to cuba should I try to work out or just have a great time??

Thanks
    JJ

1. Rest is just as if not more important than exercise. They say it's not what you do in the gym, it's what you do out of it. You need to ensure you're giving your body enough time to recover and stop beating it so damn hard to get results. Train smarter, not harder, lady.

2. Eating back exercise calories will not, I repeat WILL NOT kill you if you don't do it every now again. If you've got calories over some days, stop thinking you HAVE to eat them back. You don't, not always. Try it for 2/3 weeks and review your progress.

3. Weight machines? Step away from them and do it properly. Use free-weights and don't mention machines to me ever again. :-)

4. When you go to Cuba, enjoy yourself and ensure you do a lot of sightseeing as that equals a lot of walking. Make good meal choices if you can but don't go too hard on yourself. You're on vacation to relax and have fun. Don't let anything get in your way.

5. Thanks for entering the best thread ever.
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tricksee
    Options

To set up your generic fat-loss diet calorie intake, all you need to is take your current body weight in LBS and multiply it by 10 or 12 calories. The number you see is your GUIDELINE maintenance calorie intake. It’s not perfect, like I said, we’re all different. IT’S A GUIDE. So in order to lose weight, at the end of every single day, you’re body needs to be at a caloric DEFICIT. This means you EAT UNDER THE AMOUNT of calories your body needs to maintain itself. SIMPLE. They say around 300-500 calories is recommended. If you do the math, stick to it and apply some exercise, you’ll lose weight.

I weigh 115 lbs, and want to lose 5 pounds. So you're saying I should be eating 1150 to 1380 lbs in order to lose? OR I should take 300 - 500 calories from THAT?
    I am now set at 1550 but on workout days i go up to 1700. not to mention that i have 2 2500 calorie days a week!

Eat 1380-1500 on rest days. 1700 on training days. Have one 2500 calorie day per week and do what you like with the other day, I'd suggest not counting calories but making good meal choices :-). Drink tons of water.

Come back in a month and let me know how you're getting on. Bye.
  • tricksee
    Options
    Lol. I started reading this thread and about 10 posts in was confused as hell, so...'fck it. i'd rather exercise than try to make sense of this"

If you'd like, I will type up a summary of the first 10 posts and email it to you to bring you up to speed.

I can also do this for the first three seasons of LOST.
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Bump bump
  • Caletagirl
    Caletagirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

thanks, if it works, i'll love you forever. :flowerforyou:
  • michguag
    michguag Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • tricksee
    Options
    i've been trying to go from 135 lbs to 115 lbs for the past year. 18 years old, female, 5'6", my bmr is about 1500 but i play sports and weight train. I've made it to about 126-7, but i haven't gotten toned even after cardio and weights, and measurements haven't changed at all! have I been losing muscle or fat? I eat 1500-1800 cals on days that i have practice and weights, and 1400-1700 on days that i just have practice.

The more fat you lose the harder it becomes to shift the more stubborn fat.

I suggest one or two HIGH CALORIE days this week followed by one or two very low calorie days (600cals) to keep your body guessing. Some people have success staggering their intake as opposed to eating low calorie over a long period of time. If you think 600cals is too low, I don't care... just do it.

I'm unsure of what weight training you're doing but I'd suggest lifting heavier. If you can do 10 reps then you're lifting to light. Try a weight in which you'll struggle at around the 6th rep. Do Squats, yes, they hurt like hell, but I don't care just do them. They're important.

Getting/looking toned is much more about your diet and and having low body fat percentage than it is about doing exercise. Don't be scared to rest as you seem quite active.

You will not die doing any of the above. I promise.
  • Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • d28isenthal
    Options
    Bump
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    This really is the !!GREATEST THREAD EVER!! Very informative. I dont even need to ask any questions, everyone has done all that already =) Glad to see the jerkiness comments fade away, obviously your just trying to help people that need it, not play God. smh
    I look forward to read on as this thread produces further.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Haha.. loved it all!
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Only if she is burning around 1500 cals a day in the gym, and lifting heavy weights.

If she is your average middle aged, sedentary woman, at that weight and height, she is close to 70% BF. Her BMR would be around 1250 and sedentary TDEE would put her only around 1500.

The common misconception that body weight alone determines your BMR, is so misleading and confusing for many people trying to lose weight. Body Fat tissue burns very few calories compared to muscle tissue.

You compare this woman to a 300 pound male body builder with 7% body fat, and his BMR is over 3100 and his sedentary TDEE would be over 3700. Add his daily workouts to the equation and he would probably need 8-10k cals a day to maintain.

You just cannot make a blanket statement that everyone would maintain or lose on 10-12 times their body weight. That is just ridiculous.

Nope.

Pretty much everyone, barring those with medical / metabolic issues can successfully lose weight eating at around their BMR (which presumes they are accurately tracking their calorie intake) which is what the 10 cals per 1lbs of body weight formula roughly equates to for women.

BMR is correlated to body weight - that is how they formulas are derived. Whilst body composition does play a part it is not as significant as people may imagine. IIRC 1lb muscle takes 6 cals per 1lb to maintain whilst fat takes 2 cals per 1lb. Yes, there is a difference but is it not as great as people go on about.

As for your fictional, average middle aged woman with a BF% of 70% - even super morbidly obese people do not have a BF% that high....or such a low TDEE.

Do you have any scientific evidence to back up any of your statements of fact? Are you not familiar with the Katch Mcardle BMR equation?

I stand by my opinion that 2 people who have nothing in common other than their body weight, could have drastically different BMRs.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a 25 yr old, 6'5" male body builder would have a significantly higher BMR than a 50 yr old, 5'3" morbidly obese woman.

How could anyone possibly argue with that?

Enough already, if you want to be right, start your own thread and deal with people that actually want to listen to what you have to say. He has made it clear, he is NOT an expert, and does NOT have a PhD, he is just giving information as to what has worked for him and that's what this site is all about. LET IT GO.