C'mon MFP!!!SHow your inner NERD !?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I used to be a punk with an inner nerd. Now I'm a nerd by profession (chemist) with an inner punk rocker.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    oh where to begin....
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have seen every Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and every episode of Doctor Who since it came out, (I'm talking since the 60s) There's nothing INNER nerd about that.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I have a very specific GoT tattoo planned. Just waiting on GRRM to finish the last books so I can make sure my theory is correct before I get it inked on my body.

Is it gonna say "love no one cause he will kill them" lol :grumble:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    what ya got!?!?!

I'm a video game developer. I'm expert level at nerdy.

My devices are named things like HAL, and Bishop.

I make beer, and will spend this summer, if time works out, trying to crossbreed two different strains of yeast for brewing use.

When I do normal stuff like curing meats, I go overboard and research the hell out of it to find the most archaic, artisinal method to do it, so I can geek out on the information available, or lack of information, which allows me to experiment in a semi-controlled uncontrolled manner.

I don't really play video games anymore though. Go figure. ;)

ETA - oh and i'm drawing up plans for the creation of a long range quad rotor copter with long range capability and a packet sender that will give me a real time feed from the two mounted cameras, one regular, one IR. I'll be using it out in the mountains to scout locations for this fall's deer hunt, if I can get it done in time.

Dude those are awesome hobbies!!! A do it yourself man!!! love it!

I fix my cars myself..............I have NEVER taken any of my cars for a brake job. I once took a car apart just for kicks in summer. browke it down all the way to the block and put it back together. using a CHILTONS!!!!

I also brew beer.....But I kinda suck at it :bigsmile:
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    When I was 10, I trimmed hair off my dog and glued it to my face so I could be Obi Wan Kenobi for Halloween.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Love this thread.

99% of the languages Ispeak are programming based, job as a network admin.
    Huge MMORG video game player... back to UO.
    Fantasy book reader
    Know Robert Hewitt Wolfe.
    First program written on a vic20. =)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hmm, let me count the ways.

1. Hawkeye Tattoo
    2. AVENGRS license tags
    3. San Diego Comic-Con x3
    4. NYCC x2
    5. I run a website dedicated to comic-con adventures.
    6. I have a Marvel dress that I just got off Etsy.
    7. My wallet is Hawkeye too.
    8. Getting ready to cosplay at C2E2 for the first time.
    9. C2E2 x2
  • jenbit
    Options
    Oh and I may or may not be a recovering WOW addict ..... FOR THE HORDE...:drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have gotten started watching Continuum this season and am liking it. I'll watch and/or read pretty much any science fiction since I took a sci-fi class in college. Favorite authors would be Philip K Dick, Dean Koontz, Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert, Arthur C. Clarke. There's a distinct shortage of sci-fi shows right now but I do like Warehouse 13.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Oh and I may or may not be a recovering WOW addict ..... FOR THE HORDE...:drinker:

i had to keep myself away from WOW and the like.....too addictive. I failed out of college TWICE due to the internet and Mucks Mushes Moos and the like (just telnet and text!)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm also thrilled that the science channel bought Firefly because I often happen across a marathon. I have the DVDs but there's something nice about just running across it and watching it all the way through.

original2_zps42ce5ee2.gif
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm speaking on behalf of my husband but here it goes:

- We have 800+ pez dispensers
    - 3 LOTR's swords displayed
    - He has a Cobra tatoo from GI-Joe
    - Our cats name is Tomax (also from GI-Joe)
    - Approximately 50 boxes of Star Wars paraphenalia, plus 20-ish more of other various collectables.
    - He is working on constructing a Storm Trooper costume
    - Up until he finally tossed them, we owned every issue of Toy Fare
    - Has a couple binders full of Garbage Pail Kids cards
    - I once found a box full of empty , albeit in perfect condition, pop cans by Coke and Pepsi that he considered rare (ie. Star Wars, sports, movie related).
    - He had a shirt made with the Mike Tyson Punch Out code on it
    - He and his buddies made a movie called Video-Bot about a killer VHS tape.
    - Played Magic (and has been known to bust it out when his best friend is in town)
    - We cannot go into a store with a toy isle without him checking if they have any new SW's figures.
    - We own the entire X-Files collection
    - We also own the entire Buffy the Vampire Slayer collection
    - We own all of the Disney Saturday morning cartoons on DVD.

Needless to say some of this has rubbed off. I love LOTR's, Star Wars, X-Files, BTVS, and Roswell. On my own I'm a HUGE Harry Potter nerd, but my husband takes the cake in our household.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I saw someone say they also named their 'objects' after things... yeah I do that too on top of my gaming (I have had nearly every system ever... even still have an original NES lol)

My internet service I call the Batcave and that is also where I store my files, I happen to be a big batman fan, not gonna lie. I love comics and movies/tv shows made about them.

I really want to finish my ME2 insanity play through tonight, finally found some awesome tips yesterday to help me get the reaper IFF which I thought was going to be a killer part of the game up until the last mission and that happens to be the next main line story step for me. I have nearly finished all side missions thanks to Mordin and Kasumi.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have a very specific GoT tattoo planned. Just waiting on GRRM to finish the last books so I can make sure my theory is correct before I get it inked on my body.

Is it gonna say "love no one cause he will kill them" lol :grumble:

That will be in the post script :laugh:

It's actually going to be a blue rose surrounded by the phrase "Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris"
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I'm also thrilled that the science channel bought Firefly because I often happen across a marathon. I have the DVDs but there's something nice about just running across it and watching it all the way through.

original2_zps42ce5ee2.gif

I love this!!! I love Firefly!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Why was Thor the only sibling allowed to join the Asgardian choir?

His brother was too Loki...
  • jenbit
    Options
    Oh has anyone seen Gamers 2 the dorkness rising? .... My sister and I will quote it all the time .......
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm a history and science nut. I recently read a book on Thomas Jefferson, so now I want to take a trip to Williamsburg and Monticello.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    In for nerd/geek duty!
    I like gadgets,,,,I have a fitbit! Combining fitness with gadgets,,,COOL!.
    I still watch cartoons, (btw anyone out there watch Adventure time??) Still read sci fi or fantasy books.
    I work in the computer industry...nuff said..!

I watch so much Adventure Time. I have a bunch of Adventure Time shirts too... my fav is the adventuretime/furturama shirt I have. I'm a cartoon addict like no other. It's pretty much all I watch. INNER CHILD FOREVAH!