How many calories do you eat a day?

Options

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I net 1500, so with exercise I usually eat ~2000. I am losing slowly, like .5 pound per week, but I could eat this way forever, so I'm happy! Edited to say I am just below 5'7".
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My net goal is 1200. I usually eat a gross of 1400-1600 depending on my exercise, not sure what the net is (I don’t think that is very accurate anyway). Lately though, I have been really hungry :/. I think all the exercising raised my metabolism!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and on my good days I eat about 1600-1700 calories a day and net about 1100.

On my bad days... eat between 1900-2100 and net about 1500-1800. Unfortunately this week has been full of bad days... *sigh*
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    1K. Excercise daily, doing great.
  • mssgeni
    mssgeni Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", I'm supposed to eat 1,200 calories a day but I always go over. :(
  • marshmellownom
    marshmellownom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm under eating. It says I eat less than 1000 calories a day. today I only ate 729 calories ._.
    I feel fine and full.
  • LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    I eat 1450, I exercise a lot and eat most back also. I used to be on 1200, but it wasn't fun and I had no energy. Bumped it up and it's much better.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i eat between 1900-2000 per day. when i first started, i was at about 1500 but then over time and as i gained more muscle and improved mhy fitness level, my cals increased.
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1500-2189 a day! You don't have to eat less to lose. My Bmr is 1493 so i have to eat that or more. There is a group eat more weigh less on mfp and a site Eatmore2weighless.com has a lot if details if you want to check it out and I'm a walking testimony. I was where you are and that's not the healthy way to lose . This is a lifestyle not a diet and I'm sure no one wants to eat 1200 cals or less the rest of there life. You should find out your bmr and your tdee. I only ate 1200 cals cause of my doc but he was wrong docs will approve but a nutritionist won't.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i eat when i'm hungry.. sometimes that's under 1200 & sometimes i'm over.. but i'm not going to eat something just to hit the daily goal if i'm not hungry..

as long as you're not starving yourself i think it's ok.. but i'm sure there will be tons of obnoxious "you're going to die if you don't eat more calories" opinions on this : P
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i eat when i'm hungry.. sometimes that's under 1200 & sometimes i'm over.. but i'm not going to eat something just to hit the daily goal if i'm not hungry..

as long as you're not starving yourself i think it's ok.. but i'm sure there will be tons of obnoxious "you're going to die if you don't eat more calories" opinions on this : P

Yeah, people certainly say things just like that. Continue to do so--apparently living on 1200 calories is completely okay to you. I'd be rather upset with that reality, then binge, and then weigh more than I ever have.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1600-1900
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I'm similar. I have mine set to 1100 (1360x1.2-500), I usually eat 1000-1100 and exercise (burning 300) Mon-Thurs (on rare days it can be 800 due to a healthier lunch). I don't usually eat back my calories. I usually end up over on the weekend because I'll eat out, or eat Mum's cooking (which is hard to calculate the calories unless I ask Mum to measure everything out, which she won't).
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    Around 2,000 followed with exercise.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    ~4100
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    ~4100

And how many of them are Pop Tart and ice cream sammiches?
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    1800 calories and I eat every damn one of them lol :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

FTW - your ticker says it all! :flowerforyou:
  • magerum
    Options
    ~4100

And how many of them are Pop Tart and ice cream sammiches?

Right now...about 1000 :blushing:
  • magerum
    Options

Awesome :drinker: :flowerforyou: