Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    tuesday goals- get out of bed at a reasonable time. Struggling with this one cause i am not working and tend to be nocturnal. My grandson comes on sunday and he is up at 6 am every day. Not sure how i will survive that for a week.
    off for a bike ride looking for some endorphins
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm still here. Just been super busy. I had a bachelorette party this weekend. In all the hussle and bussel I missed logging into MFP on Saturday and now have to start over my count of days :mad: The scale also decided not to move too much on weigh in day because of the abundance of liquor.

Going back a few pages.....I know I'm from Chicago but yall has always been in my vocabulary just like soda instead of pop and sack instead of bag. I get told all the time that my accent is weird too, that I have a twang and sometimes a drawl on my words. I blame my southern mother and my city born father for creating the inner confliction. :laugh:

Tuesday Goals: To post on this thread more frequently. I follow along every other day but haven't posted consistently like I've wanted to. I like talking to you guys and personals make me feel more connected. It's hard to do that when I wait so long to post.

@Whitecapwendy - - what is this delicious looking dish that is your profile pic??

Have a good tuesday !
    Courtney
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Good day friends - I'm getting ready to go out of town for a couple of days. I just went shopping for a little treat to take to my dad from the "Heart of Iowa" shop in Valley Junction. I also have an Easter card, some supplies, a new light weight jacket, new slacks, and 3 super great clearance price cardigans to take to him. I've planned out my food and am getting my packages/items ready. I'm doing that before I pack any clothes!!

I'm not posting much on any thread these days as I'm trying to stay away from the laptop more. I need to get up and move!

I wish I knew answers to share for anyone who's struggling. I can only say post and vent anytime, and the good folks here will always respond. That being said, Robin, I do not know how you're suffering but if you could get yourself back to the pool I also remember how happy you seemed when you were swimming. I wish you the best. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We're almost to the end of March and I do feel good about my own progress in thinking positive thoughts about myself. Thanks everyone---this has been a good challenge.

Best wishes to all. :drinker: :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals -- its day two and I've skipped Monday and have to adjust Tuesday.

Today a family emergency came up....they are concerned that my 15 month old nephew may be having seizures (he's always done this "cricket" move with his legs which we thought was cute but apparently could be a sign of seizures). If you'd be willing, please say a prayer for him.

Tonight I am watching his brother and won't be able to go to the gym, so I'm making the following adjustments:

Plan for the week:
    Monday - rest
    Tuesday - 30 DS
    Wednesday - 30 DS
    Thursday - weights and cardio
    Friday - Zumba
    Saturday - weights and cardio
    Sunday - rest day (and Happy Easter!!!)
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    @Robin - *big giant HUGS*

I inherited the 'black Irish depression' gene from my mother (who made an art form of it, seriously) - so I can relate to what you're going through a bit. Medication only made me a zombie - no matter if it was prescribed or 'self medicating' (read: booze), so I've learned to muddle through most of the time. Friends & family have helped, particularly in the past year or so - since I'm not leaning on my old crutch (FOOD) as much.

It may sound hokey - but you need some sunshine! It is a documented fact that reduced levels of light (particularly during the winter) can cause/worsen depression symptoms. Sometimes supplements can help, like vitamin D.

Love you all!:flowerforyou:
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @Fluffy--I had read somewhere in the forum about a broccoli pizza crust, so had to try it. I had yesterday off work so got the supplies and followed the recipe. I had to put my favorite toppings on top though-- pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, low fat ham, onion, green pepper and mozzarella cheese. It tasted delicious, but need to work on the texture. Needs some tweeking.

Looks like you ladies set goals and make each other accountable. Okay, need to think this through a moment.

Wednesday's goals:

work
    listen to lecture online
    Do Homiletics and Bible lesson
    either walk or do treadmill
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little frustrated today. Since changing my calorie intake (had to increase) I've only noticed about a 3 pound loss. And since then, I've only been maintaining. I'm even working out much more consistently and have tried my best to add a little variety. Maybe when I get Insanity this will change. Today, I thought my shirt was a little looser when I put it on, but I can't be sure. Just getting a little down that my fitness is manifesting in ability and not size. I was hoping the weight would start coming off....

Anyway, Tuesday goals: Finish this week the best I can. My grandfather passed away last night, and the funeral is on Thursday, and I will be going to support my mom. This was her stepdad, and she's already getting cussed out by her psychotic siblings over stupid s hit.

Monday- c25k, squats DONE
    Tuesday- strength and planks, squats DONE
    Wednesday- c25k
    Thursday- strength and planks
    Friday- c25k
    Saturday- free
    Sunday- rest/weigh in
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am having a really hard time of it. Weighed myself today and am up 4 lbs. Determined to lose it immediately and will not change my ticker. I am having the fight of my life right now with my weight and my eating. I am just very inactive and so must keep my calories to a minimum. So I have to confess, why am I so inactive? I can blame part of it on my ill health and I am not going into a pity party about that, after all I have a swimming pool, as many of you know, at my disposal, and even with my health problems, I could be using that. No, I have some mental blocks going on that are making me almost a shut-in except when I go over to my BF for the weekend. When I'm at home, I watch TV, watch TV, watch TV endlessly. I try to reduce snacking by only having limited types of food around, but I will go back for more protein bars, or more cups of warm milk into the night.
    I have had depression from childhood and now I'm still fighting it at the age of 61. Its a royal pain in the patoot, but I have an excellent shrink, we have good rapport, and I'm on a combination of drugs that keeps me away from the depths. He does say he's not seen such a deep depression in anyone else, nor one that requires such a complexity of drugs.
    I make goals the night before for the next day, but they are simple ones, and one errand out of the house a day is quite an accomplishment. I report these to my BF and other friends who support me in my efforts to be more outgoing.
    So, I get up each morning and must have conscious discussions with myself before I can do a simple task like grocery shopping and it becomes an all day chore. That's what my life is really like. I do get it done but its a struggle. :blushing: I wish it burned more calories! Sorry for the ramble!

My sympathies for your struggle with depression. I too have been fighting it since I was very young, and my parents refused medication for me even after trying to kill myself. I found a way to fight it that time, but every once in a while, I feel it creeping in. I won't put myself through that hell again. *hugs* I'm here for you.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- Sorry to hear that you are battling depression is so severe. Like a few others said go back to the pool, you enjoyed it so much in the past and remarked how good it made you feel. Getting outside in the sun is also a great idea, the sun does help with our moods and lack of sunlight can cause other problems. Start slowly and build up your time. Another idea if you still have that piece of exercise equipment in your condo then use it while watching the TV. You can get on it during the commercials and keep going until the show comes back on. Believe it or not those 2 minutes will add up quickly and you will build your strength and endurance again. I realize this is not easy but you are a very strong women who can accomplish anything she sets her mind too.

Shrink-- I agree with you that burpees and jump squats are brutal. My trainer has me doing both along with traveling burpees and multiple types of crunches. Not sure if it is working yet but I have felt different muscles in the Abs lately.

ebailey- Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sending you hugs.

tlh- Sending positive thoughts your way (prayers)

Goals- to get in a couple of more great workouts in this week. Tomorrow will be rest day unless I don't go shopping tomorrow. I may try to do a good core workout tomorrow even with shopping. If I don't go shopping tomorrow then I will workout tomorrow before I start a very busy afternoon but at least it is a day for me-massage, haircut, then a meeting. The last is dependent on what time I finish with my hair appointment.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Workout plans for the week
    Sunday- walk at gym Done
    Monday- Trainer workout abs DONE
    Tuesday- weight training and Cardio DONE
    Wednesday-light workout walking??? REST???
    Thursday- Core-weight lifting workout
    Friday- Rock climbing
    Saturday-??? Rest or bike ride
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays goals !
    Workout alot this coming week ! This weekend is easter and i am going to having dinner on Saturday ! Looking forward to spending the day with my family ! My grandma is 86 and i dont get to see her that often and of course my sister and brohter in law and my 3 nieces and my 1 nephew !
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I don't have any new goals. Just keep walking and keep logging food and exercise. That is the key for me.
    Robin--I am very sad for you. I personally don't have to battle depression, but I have friends and family members who do. It is very hard. If you have enjoyed the pool in the past, going there seems like a good plan. I hope that you will be able to pull yourself up soon. We need you, and you need your happy self.
    Today they delivered my Girl Scout thin mint cookies. Why did I order them!!! They are 40 calories per cookie. I've only eaten 2 today. I do have room in my calories for those. It will take a lot of self-discipline to ration them out. I will leave them out where others can help me eat them.
    Today was laundry day. Let me just say that it isn't nearly as a big a job as it was when the kids were young. Its good to have it done anyway.
    Have a good evening. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

Tuesday Goals:
    !. walk gunner DONE
    2. go to school to drop off/pick up stuff DONE
    3. finish grading AP journals while at school DONE
    4. go to gym DONE
    5. begin grading AP essays DONE (just a few though :grumble: )

Well, I managed to get through all of my goals and also washed the bedding and cleaned the tub and sink in the bathroom.

Tomorrow I am watching my adorable niece. She's 14 months and I haven't babysat her since last summer. I'm sure it will be VERY different now that she's walking. From what I understand, she really likes to dance right now, so I foresee a dance party. :smile: My hope is, if I tire her out enough, she will take a good, long nap in the afternoon and I may be able to get a bit more grading done. Not counting on it, but a girl can dream, right?

@kaye--I'm soooo grateful that I don't really like mint. I have so many friends who can't resist those GS cookies!

@kris--I'm looking forward to Easter dinner with my family as well. It's also mine and hubby's anniversary on Thurs. so we will go out for dinner. I'll need to work out a lot to make up for those 2 meals.

@laurie--enjoy your "me" day! Are you planning anything different for the hair?

@bailey--Sorry about your grandfather. I've also increased my calories and have been hovering just above my lowest recorded weight. However, I went down a pants size, so it's hard to complain. I'm going to stick with this increase for a few more weeks and see what happens. I've found that it usually takes my body 3 weeks or so to "catch up" and react to any adjustments in my calorie intake.

@wendy--Yes, Tuesday is "goals" day, but some of us post exercise goals for the week, and laurie and I often post our grading goals. I'm much more productive when I can see a list of what I need to do, and I get some weird satisfaction out of "checking off" the tasks from my list. :smile:

@tlh--hope your nephew is okay--that's really scary. :flowerforyou:

@lin--enjoy your trip! I'm planning to pack my food to take to my sister's house tomorrow. :blushing:

@courtney--yes, your southern mother has clearly influenced your vernacular! Once, when I was driving through southern IL with a friend we stopped for gas. I went in to buy us some pop, and after I paid, this little old man behind the counter (I assume he was the owner), asked "Would you like a sack for your soda?" but it sounded more like "Wouldja lak a shak fer yer shoda?" I truly thought he was speaking another language. After he repeated himself, gesturing to my pop and holding up a bag, I figured it out. :laugh:

@karenleona--I'm the same way in the summer--up 'til 3 am if I don't force myself to bed sooner.

Grading Goals:
    1. 33/57 JRPs
    2. 7/47 AP essays
    3. 47/47 AP journals (Yeats) DONE
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Wed....

I got behind and I have no idea what page number I was on....ugh!! Hope all is well with everyone. My wish would be for better sleep at night so I could actually get up on time in am.

I am on OT at work for the next week need to put in at least 10 hrs. I may not be on here much posting being I will still have homework to do also.

I am trying to get caught up on posts not sure how well that will work.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Well, I figured out I cannot get up at 4:30 to exercise – I was worn out by 3pm yesterday afternoon and could hardly concentrate or keep my eyes open by 6pm. I think I was in bed by 8:30. Not good seeing how I had things to get done. So, back to the drawing board to figure this out…

@Robin~I’m so sorry that you are dealing with such a deep depression. I’ve never been diagnosed with clinical depression (I do suffer from anxiety though) – one thing that really helps me is exercise so like others have offered I remember how happy and content swimming made you feel – so get back in that pool pronto! Get out into the sunshine too! :heart:
    @ebaily~Sorry to hear about your grandfather, sending virtual hugs your way.
    @tlh0407~Sending positive thoughts and prayers to your nephew and family.
    @Karen~Have fun with your niece today! I love spending time with nephews (ages 5 and 3), they live in CO so don’t get to see them often – counting the days until the end of May when I do though!

Wednesday Wish~That everyone who is struggling or hurting, find their way soon. I also wish this tendon would heal already. Spoke with my doctor’s nurse yesterday, the swelling hasn’t diminished at all so they’ve switched my anti-inflammatory. We’re giving this 3 more weeks, if no change they’ll inject it and immobilize. :sad: I really hope it doesn’t come to that – so wishing this new regimen works.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Today is the day for testing and results for my nephew so my wish is for this to be all okay. Whether that is everything is fine (best case scenario) or that it's something that is treatable - I will be happy.

@ ebailey: Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope that ultimately your family can pull together and focus on the good memories.

@ LaurieK: a massage and a haircut??!! My kind of errands! :love:

@GrandmaKaye: I'm jealous of your laundry day. With an 11 year old in sports and a 6 year old that sitll thinks if she's worn it for 2 minutes it has to go inthdirty hamper, I can't wait for just ONE day of laundry. :sad:

@Skinnyjeans: Wow what a productive day!! Enjoy your time with your niece. My nephew is about the same age and it's a fun one!

I got my work out done yesterday, so I feel much better. I don't understand why I forget that it makes me feel so much better. I might have to make a sign that says "Just do it Tracy -- you'll feel better!!" and post it on my TV. :bigsmile:

Have a great Wednesday and I hope your wishes come true.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    tlh - I'm praying that the results for your nephew are good news and he's not having seizures.

ebailey - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'm praying for you too.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I will continue to work on myself and I'm sure things will get better. Its an uphill climb but I've made this climb before and I'm used to it. Thanks also for the encouragement to get back to the swimming pool and to get outside in the sun. I'm running errands today - and will get some sunshine as the sun is shining brightly today and I will soak up some rays.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    my computer didn't survive the move and thus far hasn't been revived. but i'm popping over on my son's computer to check up on everyone and say hello. hope everyone is doing well and experiencing lots of successes.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and happy wednesday. I just got back from town. I bought a pair of Nike cross trainers and new insoles. I have never spent so much on shoes in my life. I just keep chanting no more sore feet so I know it will be worth it :tongue: Other then that I had a nice productive day and got some much needed housework done. I have the base for turkey pot pie simmering on the stove but it is going to go in the fridge for tomorrow. My mom called this afternoon and invited us over for a ham dinner. I think my Wednesday wish is going to be the predictable hope that this plateau breaks soon. I am working so much harder on the exercise front then ever in my life and now is when it decides to stall:grumble:
    Robin@ I am sorry to hear about your struggle with depression. While I have never seen a doctor for it due to no money or insurance there have been several dark times in the last couple of years of my life and I know how hard it is to climb out. Just remember we are all here rooting for you and know you can do this.

Karenleona@ I had the same problem with sleeping in a couple months ago. I just had to finally be very stern with myself and accept if I stayed up to late I was still getting up and was just going to be tired the next day.

Fluffycorky@ I feel your logging pain. I somehow missed a day last week. I was at almost 200 days and now it has started over :angry:

Lin@ hope you have a fun and safe trip.

ebailey@ I just wanted to extend my condolences on the loss of your grandfather. I hope your family finds peace soon.

grandmakaye@ you are my hero if you can eat only 2 thin mints at a time :laugh:

Skinny@ I hope you had a great time with your neice. Now that my kids are grown I love spending time with my young neice and nephews. Like having my little ones back with none of the bad parts:happy:

Kah68@ good luck with the med adjustmenst I hope your tendon responds soon so you dont have to take more drastic measure.

Well that is the most personals I have ever written but I just wanted to let everyone know that I read their posts and Am thinking of them while sending positive thoughts their way. Have a great night everyone.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: I wish that the cupcake I ate today would not derail my plans for weight loss too much. My daughter loves to make cupcakes and keep trying all kinds of fancy stuff. It was just too good to pass up. The problem was that I had already eaten my thin mints for the day.:embarassed: I ate nearly all of my exercise calories today. I think that today is the highest calorie day I have had since I started MFP. I guess if increasing calories will break a plateau, I should be good.:wink:
    I'm thinking of all of you. I'm afraid I haven't mastered the personals very well, but rest assured that I am reading every post and taking inspiration from all of you.
    Have a good evening. I walked to the library today so I have a book to read tonight.
    Kaye