Are you still together/married now...?

Options

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Knew after 2 months of dating, but got married after a year and a half. We had a short engagement though due to him joining the military.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Met in 2003
    Started dating early in 2004
    Married in 2007
    Still married and have a 14 month old son. :)

High school sweetheart. We are not religious, but we are each other's first and only sexual partners too. ^_^
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    First date in 08 '81. Married in '83. Coming up on our 30th soon :heart: Married longer than many of you have been alive. :wink:
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Never met a guy I wanted to be with.

So I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I'm really just here to tag the thread so I can read all the gushy romantic stories and then hate my life a little bit more because romance has not been in my past and probably won't be in my future.

*bitter*
    You and me both!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I knew when I *MET* her ... I was 23 yrs old.

I asked her to marry me 3 whole weeks after we met, and we were married 8 months after that.

First kid came along 11 months after we got married...

We're still very happily married 24 years and 3 kids later.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    sometimes it works. i met my husband when we were teens he moved in after a month. been together 7 yrs now
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    instantly, and yes over 12 years!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    How soon after dating your guy/girlfriend did you know that he/she was the one you wanted to be with? And are you guys still together now (how long have you guys been together?)

We were pretty much inseparable after the 2nd date. Engaged 3 weeks after first date. Married 3 months after 1st date. Still together 14+ years. :smile:
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I knew my husband was the one for me the moment he didnt feel like running after meeting my CRAZY MOTHER.. haha.. that was about 2 months in to it. He didnt run .. and it impressed me. Even after i told him i understood if he did want to .. lol

Anyway we dated.. year and a half in to the relationship were married and now we are about to celebrate 6 years and 2 wonderful children..and my mother.. loves him. :laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I'm really just here to tag the thread so I can read all the gushy romantic stories and then hate my life a little bit more because romance has not been in my past and probably won't be in my future.

*bitter*

LOL.. yeah me too. :bigsmile:
  • Sherae12
    Sherae12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    As soon as we met we both knew we were meant to be. I was 15 and he was 18 so everyone thought we were crazy!! My family accepted it and grew to love him over time. We were married 2 years later. Yes I married at 17. Now we have been together 5 years total...been married 3 years in August.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    We dated for 7 months, then had a small fall wedding. I knew he was the one after a week. We spent a lot of time together just hanging out and going for walks. He officially proposed in August and we married 2 months later. We had gone on a long hike and got lost. It was 10:30pm before we found our way out. He proposed when we made back to the car. I didn't know whether to kiss him or the ground. I was so happy to be back to civilization. We had been talking marriage since about the second month of dating, so it wasn't really that big of a surprise. We are coming up on our 37th anniversary this year and we had 3 kids. I was 21, he was 23. We bought our first house instead of having a big wedding.
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I first went out with my partner when we were 15, didn't last that long. He then moved away and we lost touch. 25 years later we got back in touch and started dating. That was nearly 6 years ago and we got married 5 days ago. :love:
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I knew when I met him (and I don't believe in that crap. Seriously) He was 24, I was 19. Dated 4 years, married for 9 next week. :-)
  • pebbs80
    pebbs80 Posts: 102
    Options
    I met my current husband about 5 months after my divorce. I made him go thru the ringer for 4 years before I would agree to marry again. Poor guy! but he stuck it out. and yes we are still together
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I met my husband about 8 or so months before we got engaged. We were living together then. Our engagement lasted over a year though. We've been married almost 3 years now and just had our first child 2 months ago.
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options

*bitter*

don't be bitter :flowerforyou:
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    We started dating at 15, got preggers at 19, had another child by 20, we were engaged and together for 9 years... We finally split up, and never got married. My choice not his, I couldnt see myself with him for the rest of my life. Especially with all the issues we had.

Then I started dating my best guy friend, who I had known for 8 years. This man has made me happier then I have ever been in my life, we dated for 5 months and got engaged. Our wedding is set for next year.
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It wasnt love at first sight more love at first kiss lol, I still love those kisses now.
    We got together jan 2006
    Got engaged 5 month later
    Moved in december 2006
    had our daughter september 2007
    had our son january 2010
    7 years together so far and getting married 28th october 2013 and still going very strong :) x
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Knew it when we kissed, really knew it within a week, was sure of it by 6 mo.

Have been married for 10 & 1/2 yrs dated for 1