Options

Replies

• cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    90 down 25 more to go!!!!
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    Until GW: 14 pounds until UGW:34 pounds. Will evaluate once I get to GW.
  • 4everchanged101
    4everchanged101 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    60 and than another 30...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    dont have an exact weight i want to be at anything under 140 is good. i have been stuck at 140 but i do alot of weight training and since muscle weights more than fat i guess i want to just be at 15% body fat. id be happy

Not trying to be snarky, but I was under the impression that 1 lb of muscle weighs the same as 1 lb of fat. They just sit differently related to body composition (fat is globular and asymmetrical whereas skeletal muscle is striated and more densely packed) School me. Someone. Please.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heavy
    b : having a high specific gravity : having great weight in proportion to bulk

"Heavy" and "weighs more" in this context obviously means "more dense."

It's just like if someone says "gold costs more than silver" they clearly are not trying to say that $100 worth of gold costs more than $100 worth of silver.
  • Jedil
    Jedil Posts: 62
    Options
    I have lost 99 pounds and have 75 pounds more to go.:bigsmile:
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    dont have an exact weight i want to be at anything under 140 is good. i have been stuck at 140 but i do alot of weight training and since muscle weights more than fat i guess i want to just be at 15% body fat. id be happy

Not trying to be snarky, but I was under the impression that 1 lb of muscle weighs the same as 1 lb of fat. They just sit differently related to body composition (fat is globular and asymmetrical whereas skeletal muscle is striated and more densely packed) School me. Someone. Please.

Well, one pound of feathers weighs the same as one pound of gold, but most people, were they asked which is heavier, would reply that gold is heavier than feathers. It only gets silly when people say that one pound of muscle is heavier than one pound of fat.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Id like to lose another 27lb.. but we will see how that goes..
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm at goal now give or take 5lbs. Tho my ticker says I've only lost 8 or so pounds... Its closer to 15-20 since I started this process.

That doesn't seem like much, but that also includes losing 6 dress sizes and getting defined abs.

I'm looking at maintaining and maybe gaining, as I'm also looking at starting some sort of lifting program. I want me some guns!!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    15 more lbs.
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have 27 lbs to go. I set mine for the high end of normal BMI. Once I reach that, I plan on tweaking things here and there focusing on measurements instead of weight. In the end, its what I look like that matters - I don't care what I weigh.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    12 more pounds!!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Hearing stories like this definitely motivates me to start lifting. I can't wait to begin this coming month. :)

Definitely start! It's made such a huge difference, not only in how I look, but in how I feel. Everyday activities are significantly easier. As an example, today on my hike I was able to scramble up steep rocky hillsides very easily (I probably wouldn't have attempted it last summer). When you regularly do weighted squats, using those muscles to propel yourself up a steep rock is effortless.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Looking at about 87 to go... I'll get there.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    I jgot 69 more lbs to go it doesn't seem a lot but to me it is
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    7 lbs. to go. The last 10 really are hard.
  • yorkieII
    yorkieII Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    25-30..taking one at a time...good luck everyone!
  • MRATL70
    MRATL70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    73 more to go! Just getting started but more than 10% of the way there already.
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    10 lbs.

It's the worst. The scale is no longer my friend lol
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    I have 20 lbs to go!