How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    That's ok. You have to listen to your body.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Well tonight I have a meeting and then I'm off for a run
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's run was beautiful -- I'm loving week three. :)
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 3 Day 1 last night. My left calf had bothered me on some of my previous runs so I stretched it out real good, but I think at the expense of my right calf. The last 3 minute run and last 3 minute walk were hurting. 2 minutes into the cool down though it felt fine. Still was a little harder than I expected. Trying not to already psych myself out for weeks 4 and 5.

By the way I am on my 5th week of my fitness plan. Started exercising March 4 and logging food March 8, started C25K on March 19.

Using P90X for my daily workouts (modified, doing what I can as I am pretty out of shape)
    Monday - Core Synergistics
    Tuesday - Shoulders & Arms, C25K
    Wednesday - Kenpo X
    Thursday - Core Synergisitcs
    Friday - Legs & back, C25K
    Saturday - Cardio X
    Sunday - C25K

Lost 6 pounds so far
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I'm on W2D2 today. Going to incorporate some strength training on a couple of my days off starting Thursday. Nice to see so many people kicking butt!
  • Melissaol
    Options
    On my days that I run, I don't do anything else. What do you guys do on your days you run?
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Today I finished W3D1, feeling great! I live in fear of shin splints as I was plagued by them the last time I did a 5K ('09). I am free from them as yet.
    On my running days I like to swim laps afterwards. This week things are all messed up due to a closed pool and a skipped work out day. Not going to do that again. Messed me all up. .
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I"m on W4D1 but I think I'm going to make a W3D4 with an extra interval because I'm not sure I'm ready to advance just yet. I'm finding it very rewarding and I'm much more active now that I started C25K (walking to grocery store, walking to pick up my son at school etc) My legs really feel it the next day, but I'm hoping I can make this a daily thing when my body gets into a little bit better shape. Right now I'm doing every other to give my legs a break lol
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!
    I was doing C25K and was on week 5. I couldn't do it!
    I started using MapMyRun instead to just free-run and now I can do 1 mile nonstop and feel great!

No big woop for some, but I was huffing and puffing on Week 4 of C25K!

Keep up the great work!
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    I finished week 2 day 2 today. I never thought I could do this but im loving the challenge!! looks like my first 5k will be June 1st, its a glow in the dark one at soldier field in Chicago!!! Sounds sooooo fun to us girls taking this challenge!! THEY SAID DANCE PARTY ON THE FIELD AFTER! Fun, right?! This is a fun board, hope I can remember to post in here as I progress!!
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I just finish w3D3 today. It felt great , I have never made it past week 3.
    Great job all of you guys, you guys are doing great. Keep up the good work.
    My 5k is in May. I'm nervous and excited. But I'm going to treat it like a normal run.
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Completed W3D1 last night. That's right, I "ran" for 3 minutes straight, twice!! AND I only had 1 rest day in between (normally I leave 3-5 to not overtax my knee and foot injuries). It's starting to look like I might really be able to do this thing!

ETA: I do a 30 minute circuit training set followed by lots of stretching before I do my C25K program. More stretching afterward.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to do W4D1 tonight. I'm feeling a little intimidated with the "running" for 5 minutes...we'll see how it goes. I've been practicing on hills for the past two weeks, so when I did W3D3 on the treadmill it was pretty nice :)
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I completed W6D3 today plus I was able to do extra running. I did the 5 min warm up walk and ran the 22 minutes and buy the time I got the 1 minute left message I was feeling really good so I ended up running through the 5 minute cool down walk then I walked for 2 minutes and ran for another 3 minutes to my front door. Total distance was 4.10km. Damn did it ever feel good to be able to do that at the end of week 6 =) This is coming from a guy who couldn't run 1 minute less then 2 months ago.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D2 last night. Felt pretty good. Not as much pain this time. I currently don't do anything on my run days but I'm thinking I will add in some yoga as I could really use it lol.
  • brandie_k
    Options
    I am starting c25k next Monday. I signed up for a 5k that is on Memorial Day. I can't wait! I've always hated running, so this will be a new experience for me! :laugh:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Week 5, day 3 for me tomorrow. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone on your runs.

it's a stomach bug and im NOT having fun. :(

uh oh....gotta go.
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im on Week 3 D3, this thread is great, I now realize why i had nagging pain on my arch (feels like plantar fascitis) I think IM overdoing it. I am doing my C25K on T Th S but I also jog/walk on MWF... I will try some non-weight bearing activities... Anyone doing C25K are welcome to add me as friend, just include the msg youre doing C25K.. :-)

BTW anybody feel like they need to run/jog some more after their program? I usually add about 15 mins more of walking/jogging after im done...
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I do W2D3 of the C25K. I am loving it so much. Every time I head to the trail, I dread doing it but halfway through I feel relief and happy. When I hear the cool down, I get a huge grin on my face that I can't wipe away. My runs are really slow,I'm almost jogging in place. Yesterday, W2D2, I tried pushing myself a little more by lengthening my strides.