5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options

Replies

• balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    bumping this to read for again

I'm also 5 ft 3, i weighed about 9 and a half stone when i joined here and i'm now 8 and a half, know that doesnt sound like much stone in a year but i've been loosing gradually and it has took me some time to find what is right :P...what i'm finding tough now though is loosing the last 5lbs....hows everyone else with this?....i've started doing julian michaels 30 day shred which is such a good workout, loosing inches but not really pounds.

A lot of it really is down to diet with the tummy area, still mastering that :P

Some amazing results on here though, so inspiring :)
  • k8wizzo
    k8wizzo Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm 5' 3". I was 114-120 all through high school and college and then moved out on my own and my weight started climbing up. Three pregnancies and two babies later, my highest weight was 197, the day my youngest son was born. He just turned 3 a couple of weeks ago and I'm down to 160. I'm weight training, walking, running (training for a 10K later in the year) and tracking calories. I'd love to be back to my wedding weight of 130 sometime this summer to celebrate our 10th anniversary!

HW: 197
    SW: 172
    CW: 160
    GW: 125
    UGW: 120
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Can you share what your weight training program is/was? You look great!

I agree with all OP- You look amazing and Please share your weight training tips!

Amazing! How did you tone butt/thighs?

Thank you for all the nice comments!! :flowerforyou:

My weight lifting routine is on my profile and I update it every so often because I change my routine every 6-10 weeks.

I do heavy legs/glutes 2x a week, and with HIIT on the treadmill and a lighter circuit thrown in I end up working them 4x a week. I do 40 minutes of cardio a week MAX (HIIT 20 minutes, 2x a week), sometimes not even that much. I still track mostly every day, well let's say 75% of the week. I eat at home 95% of the time, I cook a lot. I eat something unhealthy or processed every day (I have a sweet tooth) but it will only make up at most 20% of my daily calories - I try to stick to the 80/20 rule. I'm not perfect by any means but I keep myself accountable, watch what I eat, and lift heavy weights!!! I don't take time off, only a few days here and there, when I'm on vacation or something like that.
  • SCSleeve2012
    SCSleeve2012 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mnqi
    mnqi Posts: 36
    Options
    Inspiring....thanks
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kplitvin
    kplitvin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" tall also;

Just finished my first 12 weeks of Body-for-LIFE and wanted to share my results, but first a very short bio; I am a 33 year old stay at home mom of 5 kids and I did all of my workouts at home. I'll keep it to the point, below are my starting and end of the 12 week stats. After are my before and after pictures (hope they turn out I have never posted pictures before). I will begin my second 12 weeks soon and am already excited to see the results!

Starting Stats;
    Weight: 132 lbs
    Waist (smallest point): 29 inches
    Hips (widest point): 39 inches
    Thigh: 23 inches
    Body Fat: 29-31%

End of 12 Weeks;
    Weight: 119 lbs
    Waist (smallest point): 24.5 inches
    Hips (widest point): 34.5 inches
    Thigh: 20 inches
    Body Fat: 19-20%

Dec2012-Feb2013169_zpsa6f469a6.jpg

Dec2012-Feb2013171_zpsc02b9f73.jpg

Bodyforlife003_zps3e13120a.jpg

Bodyforlife008_zps443431bb.jpg

a8e8a199-1520-4004-9709-212e128c3_zps4dfaf276.jpg

0d26c5ab-ce43-4f50-a430-845809cdfd90_zps004e05f3.jpg
  • StacieHof
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Wow... you look Amazing way to go!!!
  • JuneDecMom
    Options
    LOVING the photos! You all look amazing!

H-5'4
    SW-180
    CW178
    GW-135

I'd love to get down to 110-115 but I'm naturally a very stocky person. Even back when I was 130 I was still thick-legged. I'm not sure if I can change that. Thanks for the motivation!
  • TheKatnav
    TheKatnav Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Goodness you have transformed your body, amazing. I have had a read of your training and not dissimilar to mine - what kind of weight are you using. I would love to achieve your results I dont think I am lifting heavy enough. Thank you
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    i am 5'3.. SW:152lbs, GW:100lbs.. CW:145.I set small goals at a time. I want to get to my goal weight by november 2013. *fingerscrossed*. Good luck to everyone:)
  • norakcarolan
    norakcarolan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 years old, 5'2 1/2", and was stuck at 123 lbs for the longest time.

In response to some of the ladies on here who are increasing cardio to try to bust through those last 5-ish pounds, I wanted to share my story (and hopefully pics if I can figure out how to post!).

I've always been an intense cardio kind of girl... it's how I lost my first 20 lbs... until I recently tore my calf during a teacher training for step aerobics. I've been forced to stop pretty much all cardio for about the last 7 weeks. During that time I've totally changed my diet, mostly because I'm not burning those extra 400 cals a day anymore, but I've also focused on getting tons of protein and cutting way back on grains and carby snacks. I've also changed my workout routine, of course... I've only been lifting (very heavy) with my upper body and trying to do lots of core strengthening.

My results? In the last 7 weeks, I've busted through a 3-month plateau, lost 5 pounds (granted a portion of that might be muscle loss in my legs, but my leg measurements are pretty close to what they were before the injury), and look more toned than I ever have in my life. All this with no cardio!

Believe me, I can't wait to get back to doing SOME cardio as part of my weekly routine... it makes me feel good, and I like it. But I have to say, heavy weightlifting combined with cutting out a lot of carbs and really cleaning up my diet in general, has given me the most significant changes I've ever seen, both on the scale and in the mirror.

Now for some pics, hope I get this right... first time posting pics! :)

May 2012, at 125 lbs in a size 8 dress, after 1 year of intense cardio 6x/week
    dgnuv4.jpg

And March 2013, at 120 lbs (I'm now at 118) in a size 2 dress
    r0o2rr.jpg
  • mrsjhcrabtree
    mrsjhcrabtree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • StacieHof
    Options
    May 2012, at 125 lbs in a size 8 dress, after 1 year of intense cardio 6x/week
    dgnuv4.jpg

And March 2013, at 120 lbs (I'm now at 118) in a size 2 dress
    r0o2rr.jpg

Great job! you look so much more tone and I agree if you really want to change your body you have to lift weights!
  • JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    Can you give me some tips on the weight training?
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I wish I could look like this. I don't think it is possible for me at 66 years old. You are amazing!
  • leoisillon
    leoisillon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and I weigh about 166 lbs. I understand where you are coming from. The extra weight burdens the frame of my body. I started getting weird pains in my feet that I attribute to the extra weight. I'm in the process of losing weight too. Good for you and keep doing what you do! :smile:
  • abberwocky
    Options
    I'm still on my weight-loss journey but I am also 5'3". Started out somewhere between 167-170 (didn't have a scale for the first few weeks I was working out) and now I'm at 160.2. Trying to get down to 125, hopefully by the end of 2013.

Anyone who wants to add me as a friend, please do! I'm new to MFP and need a bigger support group. Only my boyfriend and housemates know I'm losing weight right now. My family and most other friends live far away (they're in IN, I'm in FL) and I want to surprise them with my results. :)

Can't wait to have after pics to share on here someday!!

40118975.png
  • lenastro
    lenastro Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi can you tell us what your weight training regimen was for weight loss? I am very interested because i have alot of cellulite. It is amazing that you lost all of the cellulite. Please share!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!