Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Replies

• Bump....Ya'll have awesome ideas!! Thank you all for sharing!! I'll have to put in some of mine, but tonight...I'm sleepy!! Bump Bump Bump!!!!
  • I use boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, or I filet regular breast in half so they are thinner and cook faster. I roll the meat in egg substitute to which I have added pepper. Then I roll them in crushed cornflakes and place on a baking sheet. I then spray them with a little olive oil spray and cook on 425 until done. My husband and son love them and they're not even dieting. This makes a great substitute for fried chicken, and we southerners love our fried chicken!
  • shedding60
    shedding60 Posts: 73 Member
    Some of these sound amazing!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Chicken!
    Cumin!
    Onion!
    garlic!
    Salt n pepper!!

FRY!!!!!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Here is my favorite chicken taco recipe in the slow cooker. Not sure on nutritional info since I have never calculated it, but I think its fairly healthy if you don't load up on too many toppings.

3 Frozen chicken breasts
    1 can corn drained
    1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
    1 can of rotel
    1 package of taco seasoning

Put all in crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred chicken with fork when you get home. Serve in favorite hard shells or tortillas. Top with your favorite toppings - cheese, salsa, sour cream, etc.

I think you could serve over rice too if you want some type of taco bowl or make a chicken taco salad out of it.

I tried this on the weekend.

Left out the black beans but I added crushed garlic and ginger and it was amazing! Thank you for the recipie. I will be using this a few times this winter.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Grill the Chicken and then in a baking pan mix Sugar Free Apricot Preserves with Chicken Broth and Black Pepper and Coat the Grilled Chicken in That is very yummy :)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    If you have a crock pot there are several SUPER SIMPLE recipes that you could try. One off the top of my head is:
    1 Lb chicken breast boneless skinless
    1 Large bag of mixed veg (frozen any brand)
    2 Jars Light Alfredo Sauce
    1/2 TBSP Black Pepper

Just throw all that into the crock pot and set to high for about 5 or 6 hours. The recipe comes in at 8 servings under 200 calories a piece. I serve over either rice or whole wheat pasta. Yum.

In fact chicken in the crock pot w/ any sauces is very good.
  • DLH45
    DLH45 Posts: 44 Member
    Bump
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    chicken thighs roasted in the oven with butter, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika. easy and delicious
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    1lb chicken breast
    1 can chunk pineapple
    1 red bell pepper chopped
    1 red onion chopped
    Soy sauce and Sririchi according to taste

Throw all in crock pot till done and serve over rice. Under 400 calories for a large serving, (quarter of recipe plus 1 cup brown rice).

This is a keeper! Thanks
  • Bumblebombie
    Bumblebombie Posts: 1 Member
    This one's really yummy. The whole family likes it:
    (Low carb)
    Almond Chicken
    2/3 c almond meal (like flour)
    1/3 c Parmesan cheese
    1 t salt
    1/2 t each: thyme, sage, marjoram & paprika
    Mix these ingredients together. Roll or shake thawed chicken breast in mixture. (About 2 lbs of chicken breast)
    Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter & 2 Tablesppons of olive oil in a pan. Cook coated chicken in butter mixture on med-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side.
    Yum!
  • rosea1985
    rosea1985 Posts: 19
    the pesto bake sounds delicious. will try that
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    bump
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    This is my favorite chicken recipe. I substitute boneless skinless chicken breast for the wings.

Ingredients
    3-4 lbs. chicken wings
    1 tablespoon corn starch
    1-1/3 cups soy sauce
    1/3 cup Mirin rice cooking wine* (or other white wine)
    1/2 cup honey
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    2-3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce* (or other hot chili sauce); omit chili sauce altogether for mild, sweet wings
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut chicken wings into sections at their joints, discarding the tips. Arrange wing pieces in a single layer in baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. In separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Mirin, honey, garlic, ginger, chili sauce, and cornstarch mixture. Pour sauce over chicken wings. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes; turning wings over in pan every 25 minutes. Remove from oven and leave in baking dish for 10 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools. With tongs, roll each wing in the sauce to coat it completely; place on platter and serve.

*Mirin cooking wine and Sriracha chili sauce are usually found in the Asian aisle of your grocery store.

Nutritional Information. For 2 wing sections (or one whole wing), 74 calories, 2.5g fat, 10.5g carbs, 8.1g sugars, 3.6g protein, 9g fiber; Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 2 (or 1 point per wing section).
  • jkirby79
    jkirby79 Posts: 44 Member
    bump
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    bump this for later
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    I always cook a whole chicken once a week for quick dinners or lunches. One of my favorite lunches lately has been a chicken breast reheated half way in microwave, but here is the best part..........

I chop up 2 spring onions, chop up a few portabello mushrooms, some minced garlic (jarred is fine), and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.

Add a tbsp water and garlic to saute pan get to high heat. Add in mushroom and onions and saute to your liking. I do it until there is no liquid left at all. (salt and pepper to taste)

Now put shredded cheese on chicken breast top with sauted stuff and micro wave for an additional 30-60 secs.

I eat alot of chicken so I am finding new ways to dress it up. Add whatever sides you want to it I like avocado and grapes.

EDIT: I am going to start adding green peppers to this too just havent had any :drinker:
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    This sounds yummy!!!! must try
    If you like chinese peanut chicken.....this recipe is on the back of the envelope of a taste of thai peanut sauce mix

2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken, I like to use chicken tenderloins
    A taste of Thai peanut sauce mix
    a can coconut milk, I use the light variety

Oven to 350 degress; mix peanut sauce mix and coconut milk. Dredge chicken (both sides) in the mixture, I put the remaining sauce in with the chicken to bake. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until done, spoon extra sauce over rice or noodles. To make it really low cal, use shiratki noodles. It is great to satisfy the chinese craving for walnut or peanut chicken.

Happy eating!!!
  • apgant
    apgant Posts: 82 Member
    Yummy!