Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Weird--I posted a chick-in last night, but it's not not showing up in the thread. I've noticed a few others remark that their posts have gotten lost, so I'm guessing MFP is having some technical difficulties.

Basically my Monday check-in said I just passed the 300mile mark on my vitual TransAmerica trailnothing exciting happening on either Bag End to Rivendell trail, though I have less tham 100 miles to complete the Hobbit route.

I'm also still very sad and angered by the Boston attacks. I heard the bombs were constructed to maim and sever limbs--who does that?!?! :mad: I'm grateful my friends were okay, but my heart aches for those who have loved ones killed or injured by the senseless violence.

Tuesday Goal:
    I really need to get started grading my AP papers, but I have a union mtg after school today and a faculty bowling outing on Thursday. That leaves only tomorrow to grade after school, but I will have to give up a gym visit to do so. :grumble: I hate it when I have to make this choice--grading or exercise--but in this case, it's got to be grading b/c it's a close friend's b-day this weekend. I will be meeting her for dinner on Friday and then on Saturday I'm going up to her house in Lake Geneva to spend the night. That will leave me very little time to finish grading--must get started tomorrow. :ohwell:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:: Well I took a rest day yesterday, and did not get up this morning to exercise. I was going to at work but realized I have to go to the college to talk to an adviser. So my goal is to get a workout in after work today! I will do it.

I had a not so good food day yesterday. But wasn't quite prepared for having clinicals as far as food choices go. But went grocery shopping yesterday and now i have better snacks to bring with me for my clinical days.

So saddened about what happened in Boston at the Marathon. I just can't even believe what happened. My thoughts are with the families and friends and to everyone who was there.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Tina
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals - Back on the %()#Q*(#$(#%*)Q(*$($)*@Q)(*$ wagon. I've been so depressed for MONTHS and I just couldn't seem to pull myself out of it. Missed WAY too many days of work and ate like carp.

I decided to spend the long weekend just wallowing(took yesterday off so I had 3 days to feel sorry for myself). I had a good pity party, ate WAY too much party food, only logged in to MFP to get my credit for the day(didn't read forums or log a bite), and spent the entire long weekend hiding in World of Warcraft. Today I feel much better for it(and have a lot more WoW gold). I feel way more in control, feel more resolved, and am ready to face the actual world.

I got up this morning and MowMow was sitting IN his stroller howling at me. I guess he's ready for another walk and luckily it'll be a nice day today (and Wednesday and Thursday). So we can get in three whole days of walking together. Took the time to pack my breakfast/lunch/ snacks for work today.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week (besides drink that water): Get the laundry done, make 4 coconut cream pies for the Hospital Auxiliary fund raiser, shorten new skirt, make shirt, find time to walk, and prepare healthy meals. Also will be attending grandson's school play and going to neighboring town to pick up special order yarn for granddaughter's afghan. Oh, and I still have to finish that colossal cross stitch project and attend birthday party on Sunday evening for youngest grandson. Its an hour away. So why am I sitting here? I have lots to do.
    Have a good day. I hope the sun will shine on all of you, especially those who are suffering from health problems and depression.
    Kaye
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hola all. How is everyones Tuesday going. I just got back from the gym. I still cant beleive I am saying that most days now. Today has bee good so far. After I get off the computer I am going to tidy up the house and then go run some errands. When I get home I am going to do some weeding and some planting. I have a very funny NSV from yesterday. It finally stopped raining yesterday so I decided to take the oppurtunity to mow the lawn. After I quit letting the mower be smarter then me and got it going I was going along in the back yard with my headphones in singing along and not really paying attention to anything. I had put on a pair of elastic waisted capris I had bought last summer for the beach. I knew they were getting a little large so that was why I had relegated them to chore clothes. Well in my complete absent mindedness I didnt realise they were slipping down until ..yep..they fell down around my ankles:laugh: Thank god I was in the back yard with the privacy fence all around it:bigsmile: Needless to say after pulling them up I laughed my @$$ off and then paid better attention while I finished mowing the yard.
    My goals for the week are the same to keep on with the working out and to maybe try a couple new foods this week .
    Have a great day all and go grab a water bottle:happy: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Oh hey I am late to the thread and I have a bit more than 100 to lose. But, I am in Two town now and I have so many mixed feelings. One I am happy to be here. Two, can't wait to leave. Three, how the heck did I get over 300 lbs? Oh yeah I ate a lot of healthy food, but it was a lot and I tend to love one macro more than all the others I needed more fiber for sure. So anyway, now my diet is more balanced still having a bit of trouble with protein (yeah I know it's weird). So anyway, I have diabetes and I am thrilled about that, cuz it's sort of curable. I have been doing some reading and with diet and exercise I can get my numbers into the normal range, but it will take a while and I will need to be on meds for a while, I hope a short while. Since I am in this for life, it shouldn't be a problem.

My goal for the rest of this month is to exercise more and to cut out one more processed item that I can make myself (sobs) I don't really like cooking. But, I did make a kick *kitten* cabbage soup last night. I forgot to add potatoes. But, easy fix boil some potatoes mash and add soup yum.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Spent all day unpacking a room today. Wonder how many calories that burns :laugh:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone & welcome to the newlings!

@MyMowMow - glad you came out of the 'party', girl! remember - *always* listen to the CAT the CAT is WISE :happy:

@everyone else - y'all continue to inspire me :smooched:

Had to do some frantic calls yesterday - I have friends that do that crazy running thing, and was concerned that one of them was in Boston... turns out no, he opted to do a Triathlon instead :huh: never been happier that he was too crazy to go to Boston. Still know folks in the area, but haven't heard anything bad. Feel terrible for folks that haven't been as fortunate.

off to do some 'homework' (brought policies home to review)... take care!
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Quick check in.... spent the day visiting my MIL in a nursing home 2 hours from here so on the road food was not very nutritious but I am well w/i calories.
    My goals for this week- don't go over calories all week as I am scheduled to do a wine tour on Sat:drinker: !!!
    Hit my weekly exercise goal
    Get caught up on bills and checkbook
    Send out brochures to organizations who have requested them and work up advertising for my Center.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Had to jump in real quick and share todays nsv. I was getting dressed to go to town and grabbed the wrong capris but turned out they were all right. It was the 24's I had bought to shrink down into last week only they fit perfect today:bigsmile:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with everyone in boston . This world we are living in is a very scary thats for sure .
    My goal for this week drink more water . I am starting the 3 day diet next monday so i am kinda nervous about that but excited at the same time .
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    My goals are to record every calorie I eat, even if I go over my allotted calories, and I have been faithful. I have been going over but only by about 200 caloroies a day. Nothing to worry about.
    Also to get a bit of exercise a day and that is going well. Today I haunted Goodwills - hit 2 of them in one day and it included a lot of walking, as I covered the entire store each time. Didn't have much luck, but had a lot of fun.
  • AUWgal
    AUWgal Posts: 7
    Options
    I am pretty new to this thread, but I *certainly* want to lose 100 pounds (plus.. more. We will just go with more).

So far, even though my counter says 0, I have actually lost 8 pounds. I have to stop doing the math of how long it will take me to get where I want to be, because it just feels so daunting. I am proud of myself thus far, I mean, I am keeping under my calorie goal, and trying to work out (when I am not horribly exhausted) which is better than I was doing. I just worry about being able to keep this up. I am almost 27. I don't want to live the rest of my life feeling the way I do about myself today.

I am hoping threads like these will help keep me focused on the big (but getting smaller!) picture, and that I can maintain my motivation. Thanks in advance for all the help!
  • suzee71
    suzee71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tues goal for this week-- to go for at least 2 walks and drink more water

@MOwMOw-- glad your back on the wagon and feeling better
    @ AUW. Glad you are here
    @Robin-- thanks for starting all this!

Has anyone used a back support while the walk? My lower back starts to hurt when I walk. The doc said it was from having too much weight in the middle, my back muscles are not strong enough to support all of it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday !
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    @Suzee - How about a support garment, like a high waisted support panty? That might give your back enough support to make it more comfortable?
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish:: This has to do with school. I registered for summer classes and am feeling a little overwhelmed, so my wish is that I can get through them all and pass them all with A's! I have to, to be able to get into the RN program in the Spring.

So I ended up not working out yesterday. We ended up having to do a little shopping and then I had to get home and do homework and that took a few hours, by the time I was done it was 9pm and I was tired. I will get some exercise in tomorrow!! And of coarse Friday and so on. I feel better when I exercise so can't wait until tomorrow after clinicals!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Tina
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Wednesday wish - That all of you (men as well as women) watch this video and think about its message.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

I'm off work today, its the 2nd of 3 days this month I set aside to catch up on some things - thank goodness for a bucket load of PTO! :bigsmile: Zoe is a bit of a spaz today - I didn't get home until after 7pm last night only to discover that she had locked herself in the bathroom downstairs (not a big room). She's been clingy and now wants through every door that is closed. So she's driving me a bit nuts this morning - meowing and growling at the doors! :laugh:

@Kris~Good video!
    @Tina~You can do it - almost one semester under your belt and you did fantastic!

Wednesday Wish~Only that those struggling find their way soon and those who are doing well continue to do so. My other wish came true - my grandmother was hospitalized about 6 weeks ago and has been recouping in a nursing home for the last month. We found out yesterday she gets to return home on Saturday! :bigsmile: She has congestive heart failure (diagnosed over 10-years ago), so every time she is hospitalized we think its the last. I'm excited she gets to go home!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    AUWgal - welcome - participating in threads is an excellent way to keep your motivation up! Glad you joined us. Also pay attention to logging your food - try and master logging all your food - every bite, every day, even when you go over. It is most helpful in gaining control over what you eat.

suzee - I see you have a great goal of walking twice this week - that's excellent. I sympathize with your back hurting you while you walk, but I think it will get better as you continue to walk. Does it bother you much after youre done walking? If it does the brace idea might work for you and be necessary. Otherwise, you might want to put attention on holding yourself more erect while you walk, and holding in your stomach muscles, to counterbalance your back, or use a walking stick to give you some support.

Tina - I know you'll make the RN program - you'll do well in all your classes.

MowMow - I saw that video on the Today show - very interesting how we perceive ourselves and our flaws, isn't it?

Kah - what a day Zoe had yesterday! I'd hate to be locked in a room all day! And that's good news your grandmother is coming home from the hospital Saturday. Maybe you can take her for a stroll of the weather is nice.

Weds Wish - for more energy. I am wasting time every morning trying to get myself started - discussed this with my shrink yesterday and he re-adjusted my meds. So a new routine for a month. Sigh.