• Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump for later thanks
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Brooke,
    I have been in your shoes~It is a tough road to hoe... I had a AHA moment a long time ago and said to myself.. the only one who can change you is YOU.. and I did it.. it was very hard but I did it, I had 2 kids,2 jobs,and didnt know how I was going to do it.. but I forged ahead. I started eating right and walking(granted) i was much younger than.
    I filed for divorce,and unfortunatly had to stay there until I could afford to move..I keep losing the weight , taking care of the kids, and working..
    But I thought to myself why me, and how come.. but I had done alot of it to myself.
    you will get through it. have faith..pray about it , and you have your friends here at MFP.. Bless you in your journey xoxoxox
    The DH said to me this morning before he left for work, that I know the computer is fun and all but you need to look around and start cleaning:noway:
    my home is not a pig pen, and I try ,but I guess I am not trying enough~geesh.so I will have to get my butt in gear and do some cleaning today since I dont do anything:grumble:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Dear brookhe, I think most of us have been there at one point or another in our lives. How great that you were able to share this with us. :flowerforyou:
    My lowest point was when I was in the middle of getting divorced, against my will, in a new, small flat alone, my youngest having just left home, and hemmoraging from fibroids every month. I called the Samaritans twice during that time. I could barely drag myself out of bed to work part time and the weekends were long and lonely as the bleeding was so bad I sometimes could not go out. A new relationship had failed and had made me feel an absolute stupid fool for trusting him. How had my life got so bad?
    Today I have been through cancer, remarried to a wonderful man, have a grandchild, and love (nearly) every moment of my life. The only hangover from those days was the weight gain. Today I have lost 40 lbs so far.
    The only person who can change anything is you. One thing the Samaritan lady said to me in the middle of the night was, start with a small change. Do something small to make a difference to your life. For me it was Christmas coming up - I was dreading it. She said just go and buy one present today. Each little change, however small, will give you strength for the next.
    I hope this helps. I could not have been at a lower ebb. It will get better. Love and hugs :heart:
  • luvbuttons
    Options
    bump and prayers for you and me...
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Sue in SD :smile: Hope spring finds you soon!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Phyllis :smile: I don`t blame you for running on the track, I don`t want to be chased by a pack of dogs either:noway: ….scary. Love the pic of you and your granddaughter, you both look beautiful:love: !

Cheryl :smile: Love the e-card!!!:laugh:

Joyce :smile: Hope you`re feeling better today:flowerforyou: !

M :smile: Sending you good thoughts and hugs…what a sad day:cry: !

Glenda :smile: Nice to see your smiling face!!!:bigsmile:

Meg :smile: Starting fresh is a good idea! Oh wow, that was an odd phone call! Good luck with DD#2!

Robin :smile: You`ve got a great attitude!!! You can do it!!!

Barbie :smile: Glad Jake is back on the bike (so to speak)! Hope you enjoyed your dinner!

Jane M :smile: Yay!!!

Michele :smile: Thanks for the info on the deck material! We are having some nice weather here aren`t we! I`m loving it!!

Liz:smile: thanks for the info too:flowerforyou: !

Carol :smile: You are so right, we learn lots of things from these lovely ladies!

Viv :smile: Nice to see you! Are you feeling better?

Brooke :smile: Sending you a hug! Wish I had some great words of wisdom to offer! Will send you a message later today! This is the place to talk, to vent, to cry, we`re all here for you!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wish I had more time to chat…
    Have a great day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in beautiful springtime NC
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!:flowerforyou:

I feel like I've been gone from here forever even though it's only been since the end of last week. Don't have much time but I'll will catch up on all your posts later today! I definitely have a new goal to add for the rest of this month and probably forever. "Act the way you want to feel." Thank you for sharing this Barbie because I need this to be my new mantra and said this over and over before I fell asleep last night. I'll share this story to bring you all up to speed. My 23 yr. old stepdaughter who still lives at home because of finances, went to her boyfriends house yesterday. They have been together for quite a bit but we have yet to meet him. We were actually making plans to meet him soon. He is about the same age, lives at home as well about 45 min. away, has no car, and no job and likes to play video games. This is all we know about him. She spends all her time and gas money going to his familys house and spends the night there a lot. Anyway, she went there yesterday for her birthday and spent the night. We find out ON FACEBOOK that they are now engaged!.:noway: I flipped out and did not handle this well. I should have calmed down and not called her up. I don't regret what I said to her but I could have handled it differently. You are probably wondering why I got involved not her dad but I have been her stepmom for 12 yrs, and consider her like one of my own. Besides that, I just saw the look of shock and hurt on my DH's face and felt really bad for him. It seems like all his kids take him for granted and don't value and respect him. My own 28 yr old daughter who also still lives at home said he is a good father to his kids and wishes they would realize they could have it a lot worse. Her dad unfortunately is a different story but is still a part of her life. Okay done venting but the moral of this story is I am going to start acting more like the way I want to feel and find my zen place! I do say the serenity prayer daily which has helped with some other difficult times in the past.:smile: Thanks for listening!!!

On another note, my temp job is finally over and wouldn't you know it, I aggravated my bad shoulder on the last day, yesterday, lifting a heavy box. I was going to rejoin the gym today to resume my water classes but want to wait and see it if it settles down first, Plus, my new project is to get my Xmas stuff out of the basement because we are worried about possible flooding in the next few days. In 2006 and 2007, we got 6 feet of water in the basement from flooding as we live near a creek. The forecast doesn't look good but trying not to panic and get prepared. Those two floods we had my stepson's bedroom down there so at least don't have that much to move since he no longer lives at home.

Hugs and encouragement to all!

Kathy:drinker:

On a positive note-doing much better on water intake!:happy: Averaging 8-10 glasses a day now!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: At work should be out walking, but as we are short staffed thought I'd have only a half hour lunch today.

:flowerforyou: DeeDee I'm feeling much better thanks, still coughing a little, but mostly fine.

:flowerforyou: Brooke, sorry you are feeling so down at the moment, I hope you are back with a spring in your step soon. Feel free to vent away, we are here for you.

:flowerforyou: Kathy I can understand your frustration - finding out on facebook about her engagement, go with the "how hurt her dad was to find out that way" etc and good luck finding your Zen place, when you do - send his brother over to my place.

Must go, need to get back to work, I'll try and get back tonight either before or after walking the dog.

Viv
    UK - (it's a blustery day!)
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    For those of you who prayed for Jackson (he od'd and was in a coma) here is what his Mom posted on her facebook today.

Jackson is cruising right along at High speed! The doctors recommended another MRI, this time for spinal chord, they did not think he was progressing with his legs as fast as everything else. Well, Jackson was not going to stand for that status...He had the MRI and the very next day he showed them, once again, with his amazing ability! He walked with the parallel bars and no other assistance!! Hallelujah!!!! He is also analyzing the fact that he has missed this semester in school; brought the subject up himself, time analysis, remorse for missing the classes, HUGE in the thought process and connection!! SO SO HAPPY!! Without all of you and GOD behind us all and Jackson's amazing will to push on through every road block that has fallen in his path, this would not be happening! Love you all!!!!!!!:) Wonder what he will do today.....

So, it sounds like he is progressing. It also sounds like he might not ever be 100%. I will keep praying, and pray that kids quit making bad decisions.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    "Crying isn’t a sign of weakness. It’s a sign of having tried too hard to be strong for too long.”

@Brooke. I admire you for you and thank you for sharing your tears. I understand your expression of grief for what you've lost. I would not be surprised if everyone on this forum has experienced something akin to what you have shared. Hence, you have a host of us giving you a collective hug. Have you considered going for (professional) counselling? I have done so myself. It helped.

Meanwhile, we are here for you. Vent away.

:heart: Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Brooke- This is not about me, it is all about you, however I want to add that I also, still walk a similar path, (except for the skinny part) as you do. I used think about all the bad things in my life and I envied others.
    Back in 2009, after yet another illness, I decided to trust in the lord that I’m right where I am suppose to be and I finally came to terms with everything that has happened in my life. I can’t change the past, but I can direct my future. I now count my blessings and give Thanks for what I do have. I don’t have it all by any means and life is a daily struggle, but I do have everything I need. I have been given many blessings and I continue to receive more than I deserve.
    You seem to be such a beautiful person and you help so many people, just on this thread alone (or whatever this is called) Please turn around and look at Brooke the BEAUTIFUL person that touches people’s lives, even strangers like me. Count only what blessings you do have, I’m sure you will find many more than what you thought you had.
    I remind myself daily of this:
    I AM ALWAYS SAFE
    EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW IS REVEALED TO ME
    EVERYTHING I NEED COMES TO ME IN THE PERFECT TIME, SPACE AND SEQUENCE
    LIFE IS A JOY AND FILLED WITH LOVE
    I PROSPER WHEREVER I TURN
    I AM WILLING TO CHANGE AND TO GROW
    ALL IS WELL IN MY WORLD
    I am Thankful for “meeting” you via this thread and you are one of my blessings, just as is every single women on this 50+ thread.
    Sometimes we need to have some self pity so that we can regroup and move forward. My many thoughts and prayers will be with you today as always. xox
    Hugs and Love
    Carol in WNY
  • LisaInUP
    LisaInUP Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Winter storm warning for tonight. :explode:
    This unending Winter is making it so hard to not comfort eat. I just want to grab my Kindle, sweat pants and a small pepperoni pizza...gah.
    I guess me and my sweat pants will head to the gym instead but please, Mother Nature... mercy!:laugh:

Happy Progress Everyone!
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies; A nsv for me this week I went shopping in my sisters closet, who is stylish , older but smaller than me and now without several outfits !!!!

Hugs to all those who are in need. It is so nice to know that here we can be ourselves and feel our true emotions with those who truly understand and don't judge. the weight we carry in pounds for so many of us is for this very reason. So please vent, rant, rejoice whatever!! but let us never go to Food again pile on the emotions we are here to listen and love.

Take care juanita in sunny sudbury
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Robin: Sorry about the tough day at work, but pleased to see that you’re planning to use it to make you stronger. OH my—I can only wish that I looked like that in a bikini. :flowerforyou:

Brooke: My heart breaks for you. I hope your tears wash things clean and give you a starting spot to build anew. Sometimes we just need to cry it out. My prayers are that you find peace and the strength to endure bad times on your journey to better ones. :flowerforyou:

wessec: Thanks so much for the update on Jackson. It is great to know he’s making progress and especially that he’s motivated to get well.:bigsmile:

This is DH’s day to go to the Chinese Medicine doctor in Portland. She has been a godsend, and so much more help with his MS than I ever thought possible. :love: At the moment it is pretty outside. We’ll see how things go, and try to find fun things to do along the way. :flowerforyou: We’re Oregon duck football fans, and I’ve learned a lesson from former coach Kelly. “Win the day.” So I’m not thinking about tomorrow, just today.:wink:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    LisainUP – I know what you mean about the weather and it promoting “nesting” rather than getting out and about. Think that’s one of the things that prompted my most recent profile picture :wink:

Carol/Renny/Viv/Jane/et. al. – Thanks so much for your warmth, support and understanding words. Your virtual hugs started my day off with a smile:happy:

Katla – How wonderful that the Chinese Medicine doctor has been such a help with your DH’s MS. I’m glad that there is more and more acceptance (and usage) of “alternative” health care providers! Hope you have a wonderful day in Portland

Juanita – Awesome way to grow your closet (and shrink your sister’s)!!! Great NSV :flowerforyou:

Carol – I printed your words of wisdom and will use them daily too. Thanks for sharing them with me!

Brooke from Colorado

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” - - Anais Nin

“Never put the key to your happiness in someone else’s pocket.”
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday to the wonderful women of this thread!

Brooke, thanks for the avocado advice!

Sue SD – I totally agree on the taste of the cookies, up here they took the contract away from DARE, and yuch,,we were forced to by a box by a friend who is a leader!

Phyllis – sorry that you are chased by dogs….it seems instinctual, I have had to train mine not to react to runners and bikes, but he still gets spooked by roller bladders.

Cheryl - Love the organic vodka cartoon! Vodka is organic too!

Jmk- get better from the sniffles….my daughter also has to fight off being tired with her MS. She has been working out to build and keep her strength. I hope you come back from this shortly.

Mwheat – thanks for the smoothie, I have not found almond butter, but I will look for it. Love spinach, even throw it into my eggwhite omlettes. DH will not eeat it though.

Meg – so glad the weather is cooperating for you, and I like your fresh start idea.
    I think we all do that over and over…and still stay here!

RJ – great motivator….you can do it!

Barbie – thanks for the nuts pointer in the smoothie…I was using organic pumpkin ? pips….and eating by hand. Finding non salt, non roasted nuts is a bit of a challenge..but can be done. Do you have a home gym?

Michele – I absolutely agree on the difference in taste from junk food to real food. DH is just discovering he does not crave his old favs…he has not mentioned pizza in months!

Carol, your suggestions for the smoothie builds on what others were suggesting too….good range of flavours.

Jane, - great news!

Brooke - My heart is broken for you, and yet I see hope. I think there are many of us in the weight-wrestling forum who have many life issues, workaholism, and other co-dependent behaviours.. I hope you find someone who can really help you out, a good therapist who will help you sort out your needs before you judge your marriage and life. It took me three attempts to find the right person, and the right group for support…..and ten years later, I feel like a different person. You are worth it, not your work. There are some amazing codependent and addiction resources in Arizona that should direct you to some resources in Colorado. Keep talking, keep faith, keep sharing .

Kathy – good luck, I too am a stepmom, and sometimes we see a little more clearly what is actually going on….good luck on the zen place!

Lisa – my weather sympathy is with you….one day of sun will help! Be your own sun!

Juanita – how nice your sister shares her closet! Says great things about your relationship!

Today, it is sunny again, woohoo! Will be walking, and finishing up one set of marking.

Take care of yourself first today! Then you will be able to take care of everything else – a hard lesson that needs learning every day!

BJSWOnt
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Mid-week already!

I wanted to post a thank you here to the ladies who suggested titlenine.com for sports bras. I don't remember who it was, and there are so many pages of posts! Anyway, I made literally the perfect purchase for my running bra and I'm going to order several more. Anyone who runs who needs extra support, this place has great stuff. Fortunately, I had recently had that fitting and knew exactly what size to go for.

Thanks again.

Jackie in Cherry Hill outside of Philly
  • glendalight
    glendalight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    After two days of nausea and headache, I think I might be back to some normal - here is hoping!
    It is a beautiful, sunny, blue sky day out there - but still lots of snow! The Christmas card lives on!!:smile: But I am glad to see sun and it truly is beautiful and I know the tulips are pushing up under there somewhere:flowerforyou:

Brooke - I love all of your quotes - they have strong messages and it sounds like they are messages that you (and we all) need right now. I love your last one - to not put the key to my happiness in someone else's pocket. I need to know that there is intrinsic value in me and that I am loved in spite of others actions, or lack of actions, in spite of circumstances. Praying that you will find that place of peace, where you find your beautiful self and hold your head high!

Glenda
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh.........Brooke.......very, very sorry you are in such incredible and overwhelming pain right now. I think every relationship has some degree of accommodation but your amount of pain is just heartbreaking. Basic question---are you ultimately better off with him or without him? That's what it boils down to, every time. If one decides to stay they need to get something in their life that does fullfill them. I bet a LOT of us have been in your shoes for various amounts of time....and have had to make that decision.

I enjoy your little quotes..........you've made me smile more than once..........sincerely hope you find peace........

jannieyannie
    sunny mid-Atlantic
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :flowerforyou:

Just have a minute here to share one of my poems, especially for Brooke, but for everyone else as well who has ever suffered.
    I, too, have been through the milI at least a few times. I often need to be reminded that I am just a small part of a bigger picture.

In Perspective

Ah, but we are just tiny specs living on this planet
    Amongst the great majesty of forests, and all things nature
    Where we are placed in the humble position of being caretakers
    Not only of the earth, but of the souls of women and men
    Battered and torn from the woes of existence
    Which can tear hearts to shreds
    Leaving us broken and forlorn

When the wind blows so strong it knocks you off your feet
    And you lie there, dwarfed, underneath a towering redwood
    Gazing at a far away thunderhead
    Lit up so bright as if to enlighten the entire world
    You realize your troubles are not so monumental
    That life does go on despite disease and disillusionment
    The size of you so small next to that magnificent tree
    Which has survived repeated fires
    Obviously scarred but still standing, growing strong

And the only word it whispers is whooosh
    As the breeze continues to blow
    Bending limbs, breaking others
    Some come crashing down, eventually turning back into dirt
    Providing a foundation for the next seed
    Watered by that passing cloud
    Germinating and growing up, even in shade

Stand atop a mountain and see in the distance
    A view like none other, vast and wide
    Which protects humanity in a blanket
    Not always soft and warm
    Yet you move on, pick your path and travel light
    Toss off your loathsome burden
    Wander graciously through woods
    Being careful not to slip while crossing raging rivers
    Keep a strong foothold, like the trees
    Put yourself in place

c2013JoanBerry

:smile: jb in Portland
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    My thoughts to all who are struggling right now. It can only get better. - that's the best thing about hitting bottom!

I have just eaten my delicious, extremely filling Turkey Burgers. I process turkey fillet with scallions, garlic, chilli, grated carrot, thawed frozen spinach, parsley, fresh mint, and Worcestershire Sauce, salt and pepper and dry fry the burgers. Can't believe this is diet food! I had it with 1 1/2 oz rice and zucchini in fresh tomato sauce along with lots of piri piri sauce as I like my food spicy. I have enough burger left to make sandwiches tomorrow. I used to make them without the veg incorporated, but I found them a bit dry. This way they are moist.

I am off to Paris next Monday for a two night trip with old school friends. We went there together when we were 16. I hope I can lose another lb before then as they haven't seen me since September. It seems to take me 2 weeks now to shed that lb.

Love to all :heart: