looking for breakfast under 100 cal?

Options

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    breakfast? under 100 cal? sounds like you're confused.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A green smoothie! I do mine with a small apple, banana, baby spinach, a splash of milk, and some ice. It comes out to about 250 calories, but keeps me full until lunch and gives me tons of energy. 100 calories for breakfast is ridiculous. Don't do that.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ok since everyone is asking why under 100 i work late night i dont go to bed till 2am-4am if i wake up and eat breakfast at 8 am by the time i get up to eat for lunch all would be lost so i just want a SMALL breakfast at about 11 i go back to bed so really breakfast for me is and should be a snack thank you

You need 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Waking up just to eat breakfast does more harm than good. Just sleep your full 8 hours and then eat lunch, dinner, and a late dinner... maybe a few snacks in there. If you aren't working "normal" hours, then don't force yourself to be on the "normal" eating schedule.
  • mikecalvillo1
    Options
    ok since everyone is asking why under 100 i work late night i dont go to bed till 2am-4am if i wake up and eat breakfast at 8 am by the time i get up to eat for lunch all would be lost so i just want a SMALL breakfast at about 11 i go back to bed so really breakfast for me is and should be a snack thank you

You need 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Waking up just to eat breakfast does more harm than good. Just sleep your full 8 hours and then eat lunch, dinner, and a late dinner... maybe a few snacks in there. If you aren't working "normal" hours, then don't force yourself to be on the "normal" eating schedule.

that would be nice but when normal people are going to work and kids are going to school its hard to sleep 7-8 hours a day my sleep is broken into sections so when wake up its like a light snack im not looking for a "real" breakfast thats what my late lunch is for
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Breakfast should never be under 100 cals! You need your PROTEIN, STARCH & VEGETABLES. You need this to help you get through the day! Consider breakfast as FUEL, same goes with other meals. Also noticed some are saying skip breakfast. Never skip breakfast! Why? Well, you want to lose weight dontcha? Your metabolism starts working when you eat. It is better to eat within an hour of waking up. If you decide not to, your body will store everything you eat as fat. It will not use it for burning fuel , it will store it because it thinks your starving. Therefore, slowing down your metabolism immensely. A slowed metabolism = will take longer to lose any weight/fat which then defeats the entire purpose!

Why go through all of this trouble to lose weight, and do it half *kitten*?
  • kkcat
    kkcat Posts: 1
    Options
    Ever since I'm made breakfast at least 250-300 calories and same at lunch, I've been losing much more weight than when I used to skimp on breakfast. I'm no longer starving at dinner and tempted to eat too much in the evening! Breafast is when you need to "feed the fire" and is definitely the most important meal of the day!
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

that would be nice but when normal people are going to work and kids are going to school its hard to sleep 7-8 hours a day my sleep is broken into sections so when wake up its like a light snack im not looking for a "real" breakfast thats what my late lunch is for

Your question was a bit misleading, you really are not looking for 100 cal breakfast you are looking for a 100 calorie snack. With your schedule I would guess when you wake up for lunch that would be considered your breakfast. You just have a different schedule then people normally think of.
  • mikecalvillo1
    Options

Your question was a bit misleading, you really are not looking for 100 cal breakfast you are looking for a 100 calorie snack. With your schedule I would guess when you wake up for lunch that would be considered your breakfast. You just have a different schedule then people normally think of.

yes but when i wake up i would like a small breakfast nothing to big but maybe bigger than a snack when i wake up your still a little hungry so i was looking for something more than just a hand full but nothing that i want to blow 350 calories on
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    100 calories? Your setting yourself up for failure, maybe not today or tomorrow, but eventually you will be so hungry by lunch that your going to eat whatever you want and when you want it! At least allow yourself 300 cals, have a whey protein shake with some greek yogurt or fruit, keeps you full, happy, and healthy. :smile:
  • TiaFerrera
    Options
    He asked a pretty simple question, and I was excited to see the question posted because i was wondering the same thing; for MY OWN reasons, ones that shouldn't be up to the scrutiny of the un-helpful and opinionated masses and it's a shame his was. This is an open forum and it's a free country, but Is this a chat board where people post criticisms, or is this supposed to be a support forum where people help each other with questions. Also, thank you LissaK1981 that sounds delicious and PERFECT, you answered my question also :).
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    This is an open forum and it's a free country, but Is this a chat board where people post criticisms, or is this supposed to be a support forum where people help each other with questions....

Both.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is suppose to be your biggest meal of the day! It kick starts your metabolism
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is suppose to be your biggest meal of the day! It kick starts your metabolism

There is no science to support this. Y'know what DOES make your metabolism run about 15% faster? Not eating for a couple days.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

yes but when i wake up i would like a small breakfast nothing to big but maybe bigger than a snack when i wake up your still a little hungry so i was looking for something more than just a hand full but nothing that i want to blow 350 calories on

You might want to try and get some calcium maybe yougurt, low fat cheese and pair it with some fruit for fiber, something that you might like is a smoothie made with frozen berries and soy milk or lowfat milk. You can put it together in the blender before you hit the sack put it in the fridge and it should be thawed enough when you get up (good eats had a great recipe). If you want to eat with the family maybe do a half portion of what they are having it may go over the 100 cal limit but you could factor it in. I have read on the internet (your warning) that having calcium just before you go to bed will help lower your blood glucose (aka blood sugar) levels in the morning which is why I would try and get some calcium.

I like to leave myself some calories in case I wake up in the middle of the night with a hunger you might want to factor this in for your schedule.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Ive got nothing to suggest. my breakfast was 500 calories.

Perhaps eat a normal sized breakfast?
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites with a cup of spinach, a couple of grape tomatoes sliced in. Sprayed with I can't believe it's not butter spray.
    1/2 granny smith apple sprinkle with cinnamon and nuked
  • apothecarist
    Options
    A slice of a lower calorie bread--I like the Trader Joe's Rustic Bread--is about 80 calories, top it off with some low sugar jam (20cals or less).
  • blwenz
    blwenz Posts: 16
    Options
    I think there's a 90 cal a serving Fiber One cereal out there. I guess that means you can't eat it with milk though...

Yes, and it's gone in two bites 3/4 Cup is a serving. :huh:
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    egg whites...
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Under 100....???

My bowl of porridge with cinnamon every morning is over 300....then add almonds for protein......400!!

An apple is about 75 cals
    Banana
    An egg
    Small yoghurt
    Handful of nuts
    One spoon of peanut butter
    Handful of berries, strawberries etc
    Some cereal bars