How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• JuliePleasant
    JuliePleasant Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up week 4 today! I am really enjoying it! I am planning to do a 5k on May 25th!
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just finished W5 D2 today. Big difference between D1 and D2. Got through it okay, but PF is really hurting this afternoon. After week 6 I'm going to look at the schedule for 5ks in our area. Trying to get my kids to run one with me. Well not with me, they both would be waiting for me to finish. LOL
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I just SPANKED W5D2 which I have been putting off for 2 weeks. I even did an extra minute for good measure. I'm not terribly fast but I am SO PROUD that I banged out 21 minutes of uninterrupted jogging tonight. So pumped!!!
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just SPANKED W5D2 which I have been putting off for 2 weeks. I even did an extra minute for good measure. I'm not terribly fast but I am SO PROUD that I banged out 21 minutes of uninterrupted jogging tonight. So pumped!!!

That is great! Fantastic job. I did Week 7 Day 2 last night and felt good afterward. I sprinted to the finish. Well to me it was sprinting but anyone that would have been looking, I am not so sure.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm anxious to finish up Week 1 here, but the rain is not cooperating. Ugh! If it doesn't clear up later, I'll do a Jillian workout and shift my running till tomorrow, but I'm anxious to get out today. I bought a second pair of running shoes, since I found a kind I really like, and even got some runners' gel to protect my feet from blisters since I had a couple trying to come up.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

That is great! Fantastic job. I did Week 7 Day 2 last night and felt good afterward. I sprinted to the finish. Well to me it was sprinting but anyone that would have been looking, I am not so sure.

Wow... week 7 day 2 is awesome! The last part of your post reminded me of this heheheh

thinkilook.jpg
  • kyuumichi
    kyuumichi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy seeing everyone's progress here. I know it is tough, but it's really quite motivating. I nearly gave up W1D1 when I pushed myself too hard and nearly passed out. But I kept pushing and have really surprised myself. So to those that struggle one week but refuse to give up--Kudos! And to those that thought they couldn't last 20 minutes straight only to surprise themselves---Congratulations! Keep it up!

I just finished W6D2 and logged myself a big ol' frowny face for how I felt. Lately, I have been finding the program pretty easy and haven't had any issues with endurance or exhaustion. However, it has been raining pretty consistently since yesterday, and the temperature just keeps dropping. Add some decent winds into that equation...yeah, not so much fun. However, I did managed to get out while it was just slightly raining even though it was still cold! I'm leaving on vacation in 2 weeks, and I want to finish the program by the time I leave, so I am determined to push out 4 days of running a week to finish up--rain, sleet, or shine...Okay, not so much with the sleet (hopefully we are past that finally!). If they weather clears up, then it should be smooth sailing.
  • AFaris2262
    AFaris2262 Posts: 4
    Options
    W1D3 just completed. I live in the country, so I've found it to be a bit of a challenge with the jogging sections when I'm going up some pretty serious hills. But I'm glad to have them as part of the training, since most 5ks aren't flat. Now to decide which 5k to sign up for.....

Trying to figure out what to do on my off days. I walked a lot before starting C25K, and that just doesn't seem to be enough of a heart rate booster. Without gyms/classes nearby, I'm hoping to figure out a yoga and/or crossfit program that will keep me going.

I'm also doing the Plank Challenge, so that little bit is helping with my core strength.
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Thats Week 8 Completed....roll on Week 9...might start that tomorrow or I will be doing the cooper test.....anyway only 3 more days to go and thats me finished this fantastic programme....
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Finally! Rain went away so I finished week 1. I inadvertently did some extra jogging due to missing a cue. Did a route with mild inclines and did pretty good with them. My overall pace was a little slower than usual, probably due to running in the heat of the day, but still not bad.
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3, day 1 of the c25k app and I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. Love the feeling when I'm finished.
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 7 Day 3 today.

I ran about 2.75 miles in 31 minutes and then walked for a little bit. Ran with a guy from church along the Fredericksburgs battlefield. Great way to start the day.

Then the family went to the Great Train Race in downtown Fredericskburg and I ran the mile race with my daughter. Feeling it now.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Your app must be different than mine, I did w5d2 tonight & it was 2 8 minute runs, my 20 minute run isnt until w5d3. Thats so awesome that you did it! I had to redo tonights run, I tried it earlier in the week and had to walk a bit through the 2nd 8 min run but tonight I nailed it!! I still struggled though, but this time I had no pain in feet,ankles or legs which is a first. My breathing is still an issue but its improving slowly. I have a feeling I'll be redoing the w5d3 (20 min run) a few times. I barely make the 8 minutes.
  • ChelleBalady
    ChelleBalady Posts: 204
    Options
    On week 2 :-)
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    My next C25K day isn't until Tues., when I start week 2. Today was technically my rest day, but I ate at Perkins and couldn't resist the strawberry rhubarb pie, so I did a 5K walk. it was actually a little over, and I finished it in 55 mins. It felt goodmtomget out, even though I didn't run. Looking forward to Tues.
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    Just started on Week 1. I'm making my week Sunday to Saturday, so I did W1D1 today. I get cramps while running, so I try to drink enough water to alleviate that, but it's still a challenge. Had to stop to get my breath a couple times...apparently my weight loss to date has still given me no endurance? Argh. Oh well...I have plans tomorrow right after work, so Day 2 will be Tuesday!
  • rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm finishing up Week 1 today. My knee started popping on stairs now, but there's no pain so I'm going to keep going. I've been doing the workouts on a local trail, so the hills and the sand definitely add to the difficulty.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    W4D3 was yesterday, i just couldn't find my running legs, and ended up quitting half way through and walking back. I dont know if I'm coming down with something or what but I just wasnt feeling it yesterday. I will try again today.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Just started on Week 1. I'm making my week Sunday to Saturday, so I did W1D1 today. I get cramps while running, so I try to drink enough water to alleviate that, but it's still a challenge. Had to stop to get my breath a couple times...apparently my weight loss to date has still given me no endurance? Argh. Oh well...I have plans tomorrow right after work, so Day 2 will be Tuesday!
    Have you been doing any cardio prior to starting C25K? I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I did it for a month before C25K, and it really helped build me up.
  • rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options
    I was wrong yesterday, and actually started Week 2. Felt much easier than last week, so I might push myself to go a little faster for Day 2 (today or tomorrow). I'm doing this on a hilly trail near my house, because if I'm going to do a 5k (one of my goals), I have to be used top the hills. No flat land here!