what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• lorijlozano
    lorijlozano Posts: 14
    Options
    went for 58 minute brisk walk:laugh: pretty good considering I use a walker/rollabout (walker w/wheels), I'm a stroke victim, just completed day 2 of 30 day leg squat challenge w/my son...:love: , fixin to eat luch/half of deviled egg, 2 tlbs. tuna salad, 5 crackers, half cup cucumber salad...yummy:drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I traded in the car for a bicycle and started the 30DS. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it because I'm slowly watching my love handles disappear :D

Say WHAT?!!????!!!????!!!!!

That's just wayyyy cool and super SHERO stuff--I'm so proud of you--WOOT!
    :love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :love:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Down 1.8 pounds this week....LOVE that! YAY!!!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I haven't had a soft drink in about a month.
    Thats a big deal, I've been drinking them like crazy for pretty much my entire life.
    When people offer me some, I say no.
    And when I'm out eating with friends I only take water now.
    :)
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm super proud of my self right now. I have prepared a huge salad, veggies and baked potato for me and that and other things for the family to eat ( I'm on a 21 days Fast, where I'm only eating fruit, veggies, grains, nuts, seeds and abstaining from processed foods, meats, dairy, fried stuff and other things--just for 21 days). My hubby came home and suggested we go out to one of our favorite junk food places to eat dinner. He said we can eat the healthy stuff tomorrow. I told him no, I want to stay on this. Then he said come-on, you know you want this (he and the children are all slim and trim...I'm the only fat one in the house::blushing: :cry: :indifferent:

So, I said, okay.....

Then I looked at myself in the mirror, put my new bigger sized jeans on and they getting to big already in the waist. I said--No, I'm going to stick this out and you guys can go on ahead. This is a HUGE triumph and resisting temptation for me. It's not like 3 weeks is forever and I want to be ready spiritually, mentally and a bit more slimmer by springtime!

Then they all said, we'll pass too and what a great dinner it was. I'm doing this fast mainly for spiritual reasons, but also for my health and I'm thrilled and proud of myself!

What are you proud of today?!?

This is so amazing! I am LOVING reading this! You've done me a service by sharing this story because you've motivated me to just say no.

Today, I rearranged my entire bedroom, and I have spent the last three hours cleaning it, dusting it, organizing all my junk and hanging my clothes. I even gutted out my closet and downsized and streamlined.

Not only am I happy that it was certainly a good workout, but I am happy because I feel like right now this is one of the few things I can control in my life right now. I've just lost my job (laid off), looking for another, and I've fallen behind in my college classes because of the stress of job hunting. Life is crazy right now but my home is my control and I feel so much better with it clean and rearranged. :)
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k today and blew my goal time of 35 minutes out of the water! Ran it in 31:12 which was a 10:02 mile pace and totally shocked myself!
  • marsgirlly
    marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I parked far away from the Trader Joe's because the traffic in that particular area is nuts, and walked farther to get there :) It's beautiful outside and I was happy to stare at myself in the shop windows as well ;)
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i went for a walk ... then after lunch went for another - i was tired and could have easily convinced myself not to bother - but i am proud i did it
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Making a delicious hot chocolate, taking one sip and chucking it all back down the sink. Feeling bad for Africa though so it's mixed feelings.
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    12 mile bike ride.... felt great! I couldn't have done that last summer!
  • meredithgomez
    meredithgomez Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a running test in my PE class and today I was able to run a tiny little bit further in the same amount of time that I've been using. It's just a little bit of improvement, but I'm happy for it :)
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm proud i ran 8 km today after abdominal surgery 2.5 weeks ago, and it felt good.
  • gailjenerx
    gailjenerx Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome!
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 10K race, along with 12,000 other people, in a time a 45:22! 8-D
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Awesome strength and determonation, especially in the face of tempataiion and your family! Yea for them for being supportive!
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ran a 10k race after years of watching and cheering everyone else on! a few months ago i could just about do 3k and had never done more than 8k before today
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Today I ran for 34 minutes (around 2.6 miles) which I have never done before in my life! :) Proud that I have stuck at it and am getting better -> running longer/ faster
  • dragonfly_em
    Options
    I ran my first 10K race, along with 12,000 other people, in a time a 45:22! 8-D

brilliant time! might have seen you there it was an amazing day for it - i was pleased just to have finished
  • dragonfly_em
    Options
    Today I ran for 34 minutes (around 2.6 miles) which I have never done before in my life! :) Proud that I have stuck at it and am getting better -> running longer/ faster
    totally keep at it - i've worked my way up to 10k race and i started just going round the block lampost by lamppost not that long ago!
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ran a 10k race after years of watching and cheering everyone else on! a few months ago i could just about do 3k and had never done more than 8k before today

That's awesome!! Well done to you! 8-) 3K to 10K in a few months is a mighty achievement!!! I think we can be rightly proud of ourselves today! :-) *high five*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!