what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm super proud of my self right now. I have prepared a huge salad, veggies and baked potato for me and that and other things for the family to eat ( I'm on a 21 days Fast, where I'm only eating fruit, veggies, grains, nuts, seeds and abstaining from processed foods, meats, dairy, fried stuff and other things--just for 21 days). My hubby came home and suggested we go out to one of our favorite junk food places to eat dinner. He said we can eat the healthy stuff tomorrow. I told him no, I want to stay on this. Then he said come-on, you know you want this (he and the children are all slim and trim...I'm the only fat one in the house::blushing: :cry: :indifferent:

So, I said, okay.....

Then I looked at myself in the mirror, put my new bigger sized jeans on and they getting to big already in the waist. I said--No, I'm going to stick this out and you guys can go on ahead. This is a HUGE triumph and resisting temptation for me. It's not like 3 weeks is forever and I want to be ready spiritually, mentally and a bit more slimmer by springtime!

Then they all said, we'll pass too and what a great dinner it was. I'm doing this fast mainly for spiritual reasons, but also for my health and I'm thrilled and proud of myself!

What are you proud of today?!?

First: Great job!!
    Today I"m proud that I did my run and improved my pace by 20 seconds (well not all today, was over the whole week)
    and my running pants are getting loose, which is nice as well :D
  • justsarah07
    justsarah07 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am proud because I am on day 5 of Whole 30 program. No grains, dairy, or sugar. I've lost 5# and 5 inches since I started on MFP and I am learning to cook really wonderful meals that are super healthy and tasty!
  • pmteet
    pmteet Posts: 69
    Options
    Today? I have not killed our new dog! he is 10 months old and keeps chasing our 6 year old cat. I have not had a dog this young in a VERY long time. He does know some commands but still does not listen well. So I am proud I haven't killed him yet. :)
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You all are doing awesome! :D I am proud that I have worked out 5 days a week for 3 weeks instead of my 3 days a week goal! I also have been under my 1,400 calorie goal since I joined 3 weeks ago, which I have lost 11 pounds my first 3 weeks doing the food tracking! I kept off 10 pounds that I lost since January . So thats a total of 21 pounds! :)
  • amanda6564
    amanda6564 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I reached 93 pounds lost as of today. I still have more to lose, but I was absolutely delighted. I am also proud that I jogged 5 minutes on the treadmill. I haven't jogged/ran since the 8th grade. Two years ago my cardiologist told me that the walls of my heart had thickened and heart beat was terribly irregular. He also told me that I may not ever be able to jog/run again. I proved him wrong today and even though I only jogged 5 minutes that is a victory to me. I proved him wrong and that is enough for me. :drinker: :happy:
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am proud that in spite of the fact I have been provoked, questioned and made to feel like crap, I've stood the moral high ground and instead of caving into junk (readily available) I have instead eaten clean, and walked 5 miles. I'm so sick of being treated like dirt based on...well...I don't know - that I'm different, I guess. I'm also sick of the complete hypocrisy and sick of the fact I have no choice but to put up with it because it's family and because I do love the person; they are just old and bitter and I don't fit into the mould.

It annoys me, and it probably always will, but at some point it will stop affecting my life so much.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Ya know what?!? Reading these stories gives me an energy boost and is so inspirational--you guys ROCK--I am so proud of you ALL!

:glasses: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :glasses:

I've got one more thing I'm super proud of....I just got back from a non-stop hour and 45 minute walk--then got my bike out and took a almost 30 minute ride with the children. I only had to get off the bike and walk it just one time--that may not sound like a big deal, but it's super fantastic to/for me. I'm pooped right now, my fat is crying something fierce and I feel like a champion of champions!
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with it. Taking it day by day. Today was a good day--I'm proud of myself for letting myself sleep the amount I should and taking the day off because even if that sounds lazy, I need the sleep and I need the rest, which I sometimes don't allow myself. Oh, and cooking myself delicious vegetarian food--so happy and proud of myself for not eating meat anymore. I finally gave up fish, which was the hardest--the others were easy to go cold turkey on if you'll excuse the terrible pun, but my love for seafood was not so easy. So, there's that to be proud of. :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,339 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of the fact that I overcame my fear of shopping today and went and bought myself a new party dress in UK size 14. I used to be an 18.
    I'm proud of the fact that I've given my old fat clothes to charity and not held on to them in case I get fat again.
    I'm proud of the fact that at 63 I have started using dumbbells and doing resistance exercises as well as cardio. I am now as fit as I was when I was 40. I used to have quite restricted mobility last year.
    I am altogether proud of myself and think I rock! :heart: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • oskybosky4
    oskybosky4 Posts: 62
    Options
    I am so pleased I actually did Leslie Sansome walk at home level 1 - 1 mile - I don't 'do' exercise normally but through MFP I now realise that I need to get some exercise. I have psoriatic arthritis and 3 replacement joints so exercise options are limited to low impact only. I know I could go out for a walk but the YouTube video incorporates some extra arm and leg movement I would feel very silly doing on a walk outside.
  • txbelle01
    txbelle01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That I can run 7miles and stop b/c I want to not b/c I have to! Losing weight was the best thing I ever did for me and
    I can't wait to see what comes next on this journey to reclaim my life back! :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That I can run 7miles and stop b/c I want to not b/c I have to! Losing weight was the best thing I ever did for me and
    I can't wait to see what comes next on this journey to reclaim my life back! :)

Powerful, inspirational and just plain COOL....LOVE that "stop because I want to, not b/c I have to" --honey, that's BOSS stuff--7 miles for me is like 1000 miles and I LOVE it! Go YOU!
  • AALIYAHNJR
    AALIYAHNJR Posts: 6
    Options
    DAY 1 OF WORKING OUT. ANOTHER TRY AGAIN AT THIS 80 LBS. ITS AMAZING HOW I CAN LOOSE 80LBS. IN 6 MONTHS AND GAIN BACK.
  • LAhoneybunqueen
    LAhoneybunqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud that I have hit my lowest weight yet in my journey. I started at 167 lbs. in December & today I hit 145.2, My goal weight is 125. I am 5' even and so I am fairly small framed and 125 is a very healthy weight for my height. In highschool I always considered myself a little heavy but looking back, MAN WAS I SKINNY! I was extremely flexible and am working hard to get back to where I was :)
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Today marks 30 lbs less than the day I set foot in my high school, as a freshman.

At 14 years old I weight more than I do as a 21 year old, mother of 1. I was proud, but also disgusted at the fact that my parents let me get that bad.

But mostly proud.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Chugging through the C25K when I really wanted to walk on the run part...
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I have not quit this journey like I have in the past, even if I am not seeing a huge weight loss. I started this journey in January weighing 282 pounds, I am now 259 and have gone from a size 24 to a size 20 comfortably. I can already fit and button my 18's even though they are a bit snug. Also, I started only being able to walk 10 minutes and now I take a brisk 2 mile walk every day and do 45 minutes of high intensity zumba.
  • deltagirlz
    deltagirlz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm proud I made it through bodypump without passing out
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,339 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I whizzed up a long spiral staircase in the London Tube. I wasn't even out of breath. A year ago I would have puffed and panted and dragged my way to the top!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!