Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    (haha I forgot the quote - it was for the cheesecake factory!)

YES THIS DRIVES ME CRAAAAAAAZY! I've actually asked them for their nutritional information and they looked at me crosseyed like they had just seen a ghost or a zombie :ohwell:

I ended up ordering a salad with balsamic on the side and a side of veggies :grumble:

But their food is SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Considering thar Cheesecake Factory serves its food in dishes the size of birdbaths...no matter what you eat is going to be huge...:ohwell:
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate flavored creamer. Label lists it as 30-35 calories per serving. A serving is one tablespoon. I drink a LOT of coffee each morning and figure I would easily go through 1/2 cup (8 servings) or more each day. Drinking my coffee black now a days.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    3/4 of a pickle spear. Why?

ETA: Just read up and saw someone posted the same thing lol. I buy Vlasic and it's the same as Mt Olive.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    Case of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

330 calories per package of 3. Really?

I have a box with 48 packages inside of it and you expect me to eat any less than 48? What a farce.
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of croutons in the cabinet... serving size 2 tablespoons. How are you supposed to measure that when most of the croutons won't even fit properly in an actual tablespoon? Why not just say "serving size about 2 croutons"? On top of that -- while it's obviously healthier to go with none anyway -- what kind of salad that includes croutons only uses two of them?

^^^^^^This is funny---and true---I was just looking at a box and put it back for that reason
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    A 1/4 cup of M&M's!

If you eat plain M&M's this is a lot but the peanut/almond/peanut butter ones are bigger so you get so few in a 1/4 cup! I don't think I have ever measured out a precise 1/4 cup lmao!
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Cereal...3/4 cup, REALLY!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and rice. Oh and noodles. It's the whole dry vs. cooked debacle. By the time I think I've figured out how much I can eat, I give up and throw the box back in the pantry. Not worth it.

THIS! :angry: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    loving this thread

but did you know that serving size has nothing to do with the recommended amount of something to eat.

basically the way it works is each manufacture gets to decide what calorie number they would like on their package, any number whatsoever .... so how do they get away with this "lie": the answer is simple
    > it's called serving size
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and rice. Oh and noodles. It's the whole dry vs. cooked debacle. By the time I think I've figured out how much I can eat, I give up and throw the box back in the pantry. Not worth it.

This! Same goes with the steel cut oats! Can't they do the conversion for me?! *sigh*
  • AAllin38
    AAllin38 Posts: 20
    Options
    Any serving of pasta is ridiculousness. It's never enough carbs for me.
  • AndreaL0918
    AndreaL0918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    this thread is too funny, love it!
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the microwavable containers of soup that supposedly contain two servings. They just baffle me. If the container is supposed to be the bowl you eat from, who is splitting that with someone else?

Yes! This makes no sense what so EVER!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Mt Olive kosher dill pickle spears - 1 serving = 3/4 of a spear.

^^This! I love my pickles! How in the world do you eat 3/4 of a spear? Do you just put the other 1/4 back and eat three of them later. That is just weird. Each serving is only like 25 cals or something like that. Make it a whole spear and that would be like 30 cals. don't see an issue with that!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wegman's organic valencia oranges. They come in a bag, just plain oranges in a bag, right?

Serving size : 1 3/4 cup slices. I mean seriously, WTF? Ok they do say 180g thankfully so I know how much I eat, but I just have to assume it's without the skin... Ridiculous.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I bought a jar of marinated peppers. The serving size says '1 piece' or 28g/1oz. I assumed by one piece it meant the pepper chunk in the jar. Ok, obviously not. Clearly I didn't understand it correctly. :embarassed:

The piece I put in a salad came to 46g. I weighed it on a food scale. This was 'one piece' taken directly from the jar.

Hmmm ... This is why a food scale pays off. I also hate measuring things like mayo, mustard, peanut butter or jelly in an actual Tbsp. I use my food scale set on grams.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Ritz crackers=5 crackers
    Cracker Cuts (cheese)= 3 slices
    If I divide each cheese slice in half, I have 1/6 left over

Its like hot dogs and hot dog buns :sad:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    loving this thread

but did you know that serving size has nothing to do with the recommended amount of something to eat.

basically the way it works is each manufacture gets to decide what calorie number they would like on their package, any number whatsoever .... so how do they get away with this "lie": the answer is simple
    > it's called serving size

I thought it had to do with the food pyramid? So, one serving of bread is based upon a 2000 calorie a day diet and the recommended amount of grains per day is X, therefore a slice of bread is one serving. I don't think it's made up or random. I'm pretty sure there are guidelines as to how a serving is created. Most of them say, "based on a 2000 calorie per day diet".

No, they typically go with the highest number that lets them put 0 trans fat or something... It's totally arbitrary.

Oh yea! I forgot. Those 100 calories chocolate bars from trader joe's. The milk chocolate ones have a serving of 2 bars. They're all individually wrapped, and 100 calories each, and a serving size is 2 bars. I don't get it.