Your favorite simple chicken recipe ....

Options

Replies

• Cocozest
    Cocozest Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pho Ga aka Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup

- Either chicken broth or 1 breast chicken in 3 cups of water (chopped)
    - Anise stars
    - 1 Yellow Onion, charred
    - 2 tbsp ginger, : ) I like the flavour of charred ginger
    - 2 tbsp Fish sauce
    - Black pepper
    - Some salt.. adjust to your liking
    - 2 tbsp coriander seeds toasted
    - 3 whole cloves

* adjust to your liking

Cook chicken first and be sure to skim the broth. Next toast the coriander seeds, ginger and yellow onion to deepen the flavours. Combine all ingredients in broth and serve with Konyakku/miracle noodles.
    ----

Tortilla wrap

- half chicken breast boiled/broiled
    - 1 tsp sour cream
    - 1 tbsp salsa
    - 1 whole wheat tortilla
    - romaine lettuce
    - Black beans
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try some of these!
  • EricaND1
    EricaND1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My new fav:
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cut into bite sized pieces
    Kroger- Garlic and Cracked Pepper Marinade
    1/2 Vidalia Onion
    1/2 package of cherry tomatoes
    Lite Shredded Mozz Cheese

Marinade the bite sized chicken pieces in the marinade, overnight. Brown in skillet, add slices of vidalia onion until caramelized, when chicken and onions are brown and cooked through, toss in the tomoatoes, stir until they heat through and begin to burst. Top with mozzeralla heat, cover with foil and turn burned off. DELICIOUS and low cal. I serve with sauteed zucchini and squash with tons of cracked black pepper. SO yummy.
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Replying to read later. If it doesn't cluck my daughter isn't interested in eating it.
  • Kathy535
    Kathy535 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Stuffed chicken

Take a chicken breast and cut a pocket in the top, not right the way through but almost the full length of the chicken
    Mix together 25g of soft low fat cheese and other fillings of your choice - my favourites are feta (20g) and Sundried tomatoes or grated cheddar (15g) and whole grain mustard.
    Stuff the filling into the pocket
    Wrap the chicken breast in one or two slices of Parma ham
    Bake at 200c for around 30mins.

Delish and v simple. I serve with potatoes and veg or rice.

Other alternatives are feta and olives, Brie and cranberry, cheese and chorizo, garlic and herbs.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    :love:
    Stuffed chicken

Take a chicken breast and cut a pocket in the top, not right the way through but almost the full length of the chicken
    Mix together 25g of soft low fat cheese and other fillings of your choice - my favourites are feta (20g) and Sundried tomatoes or grated cheddar (15g) and whole grain mustard.
    Stuff the filling into the pocket
    Wrap the chicken breast in one or two slices of Parma ham
    Bake at 200c for around 30mins.

Delish and v simple. I serve with potatoes and veg or rice.

Other alternatives are feta and olives, Brie and cranberry, cheese and chorizo, garlic and herbs.
    :love:
  • miriamg3
    miriamg3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a couple quick easy favorites that are pretty healthy, this is one of my favorites (even my picky eaters like it).

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I trim any fat, and pound to make them even)
    1c kraft zesty italian light dressing
    1c Sweet Ray's BBQ Sauce

Marinate the chicken breasts in the dressing for at least 2 hours (the longer the better the additional flavor)
    On the Foreman Grill I brown the outsides for about 2 minutes, then brush with the BBQ sauce.

It works out so each breast has 1 tsp of the dressing, and 1 tbs of the BBQ sauce so you are looking at about 150 calories per breast (they are 3oz each).

For the sides I will take broccoli or asparagus cut accordingly toss in about 1-2 tbs EVOO add garlic and fresh ground pepper, then broil for 5-7 minutes. If I'm in the mood for potato's then I will take the yukon gold or red potato's, chop into 1" squares, put a little ranch seasoning mix on them and broil for about 15 minutes (halfway through you pull them out and toss them a bit so they get crispy on all sides).

Nice healthy meal for around 400-450 calories, good protein and you get a little bit of the good fat with the EVOO.

Sounds delish, but what is EVOO??

Extra Virgin Olive Oil....EVOO
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1) Take a can of tomato sauce
    2) Take the chicken
    3) trow'em on the pan ( with no fats )
    4) cook them!
    5) enjoy !!
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    thegraciouspantry.com - all kinds of awesome recipes, low calorie, clean eating.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bunp
  • Lauren2H
    Lauren2H Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Some funky and unusual things (hummus baked chicken????? Love it!!!).... Bumping to put on my meal plan later. Can't wait to try them out! Thanks for sharing!
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • sonuyos
    sonuyos Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    500G of chicken
    3 egg whites
    salt pepper cumin garam masala
    soy sauce
    garlic paste
    vinegar

Boil 500g of chicken for 20-30mins (your choice) and chop it down in cubes or watever preferable..but medium to small in size..

then mix salt pepper cumin & garam masala together and add 1-2tbs of vinegar

add soy sauce & garlic & onion paste

add choped onion if want...

mix the chicken and the marinade and let it soak up...after 30-45min

then add a lil oil in fry pan...

add the chicken the egg whites...and then put it on the oil...
    then eat
    Happy Christmas in ur mouth ^_^
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    -5 oz of boneless skinless chicken breast
    -Flour Tortilla
    -Shredded Cheese

--Cook chicken on stove till browned.
    --Place flour tortilla on a cookie sheet and spread cheese onto tortilla.
    --Put browned chicken on tortilla
    -- Oven on around 375, wait till cheese melts then fold tortilla in half ( so it sticks together ).
    --Cook on each side about 5 minutes, or more if you want it more browned.
    --Take out, cut into slices, enjoy.

Boom, chicken quesadilla in like 20 minutes.
    About 400 calories or less depending on the brands you use.

It's SUPER filling.
  • mmjensen2010
    mmjensen2010 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been addicted to chicken enchiladas lately.

I use 3oz cooked chicken breast and mix it with a hot sauce/salsa and a laughing cow chipotle cheese wedge.
    Depending on the tortillas you choose (I use white corn ones that are 2 for 80 calories or wheat ones that are 70 calories but have more protein &fiber) you divide it between 4 (the white corn ones), 2 per serving, or 2 tortillas (the wheat ones), one per serving, and put into 2 oven dishes. Pour half cup enchilada sauce on both servings and one the night you cook it sprinkle 3/4 serving of light Mexican shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
    Serve with a serving of green giant southwestern corn and peppers...sometimes a serving of fat free refried beans depending on how hungry I am.
    This is nice because if you're cooking for one (like me) you have one ready for another night to just pop in the oven!
    Enjoy!
  • SarJo315
    Options
    I know everyone keeps suggesting salsa on chicken, try baking chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper and MANGO salsa....yummm!
  • monicapeterson54
    monicapeterson54 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just made this last night.....
    chicken fajita salad
    throw sliced peppers, onions, and chicken breasts in a pan and sautee in some olive oil. add paprika, garlic powder, chili pepper, and cumin to taste (i dump a lot of cumin in, and keep mixing and tasting until i like it!). saute until chicken is cooked through. throw on some lettuce, done! (i also like to add in some cilantro and lime juice when i have it on hand, or top with sriracha's and non-fat sour cream!)
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks. :smile: