A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Here is a list of some things your weight could possibly or probably does prevent you from doing:

Riding roller coasters
    Sky diving
    Purchasing one airline seat (on some airlines if you are morbidly obese you have to purchase two)
    Becoming pregnant
    or if you do....giving birth to a healthy child
    Surfing
    Rock Climbing
    Hiking
    Para-sailing
    Getting out of a burning building QUICKLY
    Shopping for a variety of different clothes

Just think,,, if something ever happened to you, EMT's have to CARRY YOU to safety. Also, if eventually you have health problems (which you will) due to your weight, that will be the tax payers dollars being spent to help you.

I would think of more but I'm about to go for a RUN.

Don't forget the Zombies!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    wow last time i saw this thread there were like 5 pages. *kitten* just got real up in here
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Here is a list of some things your weight could possibly or probably does prevent you from doing:

Riding roller coasters
    Sky diving
    Purchasing one airline seat (on some airlines if you are morbidly obese you have to purchase two)
    Becoming pregnant
    Surfing
    Rock Climbing
    Hiking
    Para-sailing

Just think,,, if something ever happened to you, EMT's have to CARRY YOU to safety. Also, if eventually you have health problems (which you will) due to your weight, that will be the tax payers dollars being spent to help you.

LOL!
    supersize v superskinny had an interesting part of one of the shows where they were over in america. and how they have to spend more money to make large caskets now, bodies are too big to even fit in to be cremated (they need to remove limbs, no joke), hospital beds and equipment are no longer big enough, so they now need larger ambulances, more hospital staff to lift people, equipment to lift those people, and staff at times get hurt.
    they show people who can't tie their shoes, can't walk up the stairs, can't even stand in the shower to bathe themselves.
    a very healthy lifestyle it is, and very awesome for the taxpayers pockets.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Not going to lie, the fat acceptance movement is completely foreign to me. Maybe because I spent most of my life very fit. When I got fat, all I could see is all the things I couldn't do and how terrible I felt physically. Things rubbed that shouldn't rub and rolled that shouldn't roll, airplane seats were tight, I got winded so easily, my joints hurt so bad, and I didn't like the way I looked.

Having said that, I think it's great that you (OP) want to get healthier. Good Luck to you.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Not going to lie, the fat acceptance movement is completely foreign to me.

Me neither. Last I checked, everyone was pushing for healthy and fit looking people. :huh:
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pardon me if I'm being rude

I just don't understand why we care.

I like doing all sorts of controversial **** but I'm not running around talking about it.

Idk why people get so mad or so into whether OP chooses to lose weight or not.

The only part I care about is that OP wants to make healthy choices.
    Good for you, if you need help doing it I'll be here, so will lots of other folks. You don't have to mention that you like your size. I don't have to mention that I like my weird looking toes. They've been broken a lot, I think they're cute, am I going to go to a foot fetish website to talk about my wonky-*kitten* feet? Nope.
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I like doing all sorts of controversial **** but I'm not running around talking about it.

Good for you, if you need help doing it I'll be here, so will lots of other folks. You don't have to mention that you like your size. I don't have to mention that I like my weird looking toes. They've been broken a lot, I think they're cute, am I going to go to a foot fetish website to talk about my wonky-*kitten* feet? Nope.

I don't care that much. Internet discussion forums help pass the time until death.
  • crystal_carey
    Options
    I can understand where you are coming from. I love my body. I'm not looking to get skinny or ripped, just healthy.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Its not about being comfortable being fat...Its more about trying to stay alive and not die from diabetes or heart disease. You can feel good about yourself but saying your comfortable being obese and fine with it is frankly a fall back on being lazy.

Trolling or not this site is about motivation and losing or maintaining your fitness goals. Dropping by with "I'm fat and proud" is not something any of us care about. Find a site about being fat, exchange some recipes and sit back and wait to die prematurely. That is the site you're looking for.

You're rude and you should know better at your age.....
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.. I'm sad I don't have cable, but then I remember I have these threads. You guys have been keeping me entertained for the last 20 or so pages and I have to say, this was just.. awesome, hilarious and.. yet kinda sad on so many different levels. None the less, watching people fight back and forth on the internet for pretty much no reason at all (considering the OP probably has long since gone and is no longer even looking at replies) just.. mmm, I have a fuzzy feeling inside. Thank you OP, even though you won't read this, for the *kitten* storm you have created. It has brought some people, who are politically incorrect like me, lols for pages to come. :bigsmile:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Riding roller coasters
    Sky diving
    Becoming pregnant
    Surfing
    Rock Climbing
    Hiking
    Para-sailing

I would have put zomz up at the top of the list. But hey I'd rather an obese person behind me distracting them while I run far far away very fast. You only have to be one step faster than the slowest person in a zom attack.....just sayin' :laugh:
  • sarahz1442
    Options
    If YOU are happy with your weight, then that is fine. However, just know that if you make certain changes in diet or activity you may lose the body shape you prefer. I think that when you make good changes to your lifestyle and you do feel a good difference in your health, that is truly the greatest reward. It is possible to be Fit and fat. I don't know if you have regular physicals or not, but I am sure your doctor will let you know if your blood sugar looks like it's going into a bad area, or your blood pressure, or cholesterol. I hope you acheieve what ever it is you set out to do here. May the force be with you.

Thanks doll! The great thing about being so heavily into body acceptance is that no matter what my body looks like, I will ALWAYS adore it, because my body is a part of me and it deserves my love no matter what. I work in health, so I already know I have excellent blood sugar and blood pressure (which surprises many people, but what can you do?) I just want to work on my strength and my stamina and improve my energy level. Especially now that summer's coming! :)

Thanks for the support, and for the Star Wars nod :)

that's great that your levels are all healthy. for now. you look younger in your picture so i imagine some time down the road, that may not be the case anymore.
    and i hope you don't plan on wearing a bikini this summer
    good luck though with whatever your goals are

A girl like you probably really doesn't yourself, bashing on people like that... Because you're 100 pounds doesn't mean that you're better than other people. Actually, you look a bit sick and deprived of food, you should eat and keep your mouth full if you don't have anything nice to say!

Sorry, had to reply on some on those ignorant responses... I strongly dislike those kind of people. So bad in their own skin they have to try to degrade others, poor them...

I LOVE reading on girls that love themselves and that are proud, there isn't too many of those these days... I really do wish you to suceed on your journey!! And continue to keep your heap up!

How is you insulting her any better than her insulting the o.p.? Maybe you should take your own advice.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If YOU are happy with your weight, then that is fine. However, just know that if you make certain changes in diet or activity you may lose the body shape you prefer. I think that when you make good changes to your lifestyle and you do feel a good difference in your health, that is truly the greatest reward. It is possible to be Fit and fat. I don't know if you have regular physicals or not, but I am sure your doctor will let you know if your blood sugar looks like it's going into a bad area, or your blood pressure, or cholesterol. I hope you acheieve what ever it is you set out to do here. May the force be with you.

Thanks doll! The great thing about being so heavily into body acceptance is that no matter what my body looks like, I will ALWAYS adore it, because my body is a part of me and it deserves my love no matter what. I work in health, so I already know I have excellent blood sugar and blood pressure (which surprises many people, but what can you do?) I just want to work on my strength and my stamina and improve my energy level. Especially now that summer's coming! :)

that's great that your levels are all healthy. for now. you look younger in your picture so i imagine some time down the road, that may not be the case anymore.

A girl like you probably really doesn't yourself, bashing on people like that... Because you're 100 pounds doesn't mean that you're better than other people. Actually, you look a bit sick and deprived of food, you should eat and keep your mouth full if you don't have anything nice to say!

Sorry, had to reply on some on those ignorant responses... I strongly dislike those kind of people. So bad in their own skin they have to try to degrade others, poor them...

I LOVE reading on girls that love themselves and that are proud, there isn't too many of those these days... I really do wish you to suceed on your journey!! And continue to keep your heap up!

How is you insulting her any better than her insulting the o.p.? Maybe you should take your own advice.

Exactly. that was seriously uncalled for.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    How different would this thread have been if OP had have come on n said she was miserable, hated herself and needed to get the weight off fast! Instead we have a woman who knows her self worth, trying to be positive, therefore emotionally stable and who wants to be more healthy ...translate...food diary isn't going to scare the crap out of you when you open it. Exercise is sensible. She's not telling anyone else to stay obese and be self accepting just because they are big. She's accepting of where she is now but knows she needs to change in spite of that. If you are someone who has always been confident despite your size, how do you then wrap your head around the idea of becoming smaller? You focus on health which eliminates all the diet crap thinking that comes with just weight loss. Sounds like a wholesome approach to me.
  • Diamond05
    Options

I don't care that much. Internet discussion forums help pass the time until death.

Wish you had constructive comment to say instead of silly stuff like how much you think she is overweight, I don't think that you are much needed on this thread. She's looking for support nothing else.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Wish you had constructive comment to say instead of silly stuff like how much you think she is overweight, I don't think that you are much needed on this thread. She's looking for support nothing else.

At least she didn't resort to blatantly insulting other users. Telling them they look sickly and they should go stuff their mouth.
  • sarahz1442
    Options

seems like she isn't looking for anything at the moment as she has left and this thread has turned into an argument without her.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

If she's looking for support, perhaps she shouldn't post on the internet.
  • Diamond05
    Options

Exactly. that was seriously uncalled for.

Yes, I really do have an hard time with unrespectul people, my comment might not have been appropriate and I never said I was better than anybody else.... She was just plain rude and i went for it.. Some people need to be put back in their place.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I hope that everyone can recognize the fact that this may the beginning of something none of us can predict. I think a start is a start. If someone wants to make lifestyle changes for the better, all sorts of wonderful things can and will follow. Judge not folks.

I totally agree. The OP is gorgeous and, seemingly, more happy, self-assured and positive than other people that I've met or seen on this site that have the 'ideal' body. Who cares what her ultimate goal is. She's here to make a change so we should support the forward movement.

I agree!! feel free to add me