Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Dude. Just have a piece of pizza.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Boils down to will power, do you want to lose or do you want to eat pizza? Your choice. The more you choice losing the easier it gets.

Also don't eat back calories.. I can't see how you'd lose eating back 1500 cals.

Wut.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Really? Considering that one slice of a large meat lovers from Dominoes is only 340 calories, I would say eat the dang pizza. Paired with a salad and fruit, it can make a decent meal.
  • sweetash13
    sweetash13 Posts: 2
    Options
    Depriving yourself of everything ends up to you failing in the long run. I know first hand.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Tell him to get me either a meat lovers or a pepperoni depending on specials...
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Have some pizza with your husband and enjoy it. Maybe see if he will get it thin crust with extra veggies to make it a little less high in calories? Never deny yourself anything in life.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Pizza is sooo bad that all my Italian family died of old age
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I eat a half of a large pizza once a week and have every week for the past 15 months while losing 70 pounds. Eat the pizza. Don't deprive yourself of the foods you enjoy.

BTW, I also eat ice cream. And peanut butter. And bread. :wink:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Girl just eat the pizza
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    PIZZA! Don't be too quick to say no to Pizza. In truth, while unbalanced most of the time, Pizza is NOT a calorie killer. Slices can range from 140 to 280 a slice.

In truth, the biggest issue of Pizza is not the pizza itself, but eating slice after slice without regard for moderation. At 1500 left? You could fit 3 slices easy, pending on what the toppings consist of! If you really want the dirty details, most pizzarias (commercially known) have a nutrition facts page somewhere. Just look up their information. I was actually shocked to find my favorite type of pizza, medium size was only 220 calories a slice! Score!
  • spantz1
    spantz1 Posts: 17
    Options
    Moderation is the key..
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    It's really hard, because my husband won't NOT order it to make life easier for me, because he wants it and is going to get it, unfortunately... lol but I can't really blame him. What do you guys think?

He sounds like a real alpha male dog type to me. What husband wants, husband gets. High-five that dude for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You have 1500 cals remaining. Why wouldn't you eat the pizza?

QFT!

If I had 1500 calories left, I'd be all over that pie.

OP...you do understand that when you exercise and what not, you get to eat those calories back right? MFP is a NEAT method calculator; exercise is extra activity.

Also, why is pizza "bad?" It is cheese, bread, tomato sauce, whatever toppings. Pretty much carbs/protein/fat all on one pie.
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You gots plentayyy of calories left to have some pizza.

Eat some pizza. Enjoy. Get up tomorrow and do a repeat of today, maybe with a different dinner entree. Or at least a diff. flavour of pizza. :flowerforyou:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Have some pizza. I don't see what the problem is.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Have a slice or 2 and some veggies! YUM... pizza.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    1500 left?

eat the pizza.....

eat a slice, or two...enjoy it. Thank your husband and sink your teeth into that cheesy goodness.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Its really up to you.

If you want to loose weight practice the shake your head diet.

When someone offers you food like pizza shake your head to the left then the right several times.

Boils down to will power, do you want to lose or do you want to eat pizza? Your choice. The more you choice losing the easier it gets.

Also don't eat back calories.. I can't see how you'd lose eating back 1500 cals.
    I'm shaking my head, but not at the pizza.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well I have the same problem, I usually just eat the pizza and go over my calories for the day but make up for it along the week. I've still been losing weight so it seems to be working. It's not helping but hey, gotta give in somewhere
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You have 1500 calories remaining??? if so eat the pizza is my opinion

^ This. I'm biased though as pizza is one of my favorite foods and I eat it about 3 times a week.