Husband ordering pizza

Options

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Please bring it to me. I will dispose of it properly.
  • iamnotspam
    iamnotspam Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't see why your husband can't be considerate of your diet and order the pizza at a friend's home.
    Especially if, as you say, it's EVERY time you get back on track.
    In my opinion it sounds like a sabotage of your diet, but then I'm usually wrong about things (plus I've never been married so I probably shouldn't be speculating). Again, though, why can't he be more considerate of your diet? Can you point the pattern out to him in case he doesn't know? He really should be nicer....
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Try making your own pizza. You can make it with so many less calories.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    edited out for reasons of logic.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be too hard to only eat a slice or two with a nice salad. With the cals you have left, you could eat much more, of course.

Or just make yourself something else and make sure you eat it at the same time and that all the pizza gets eaten - force feed your husband if you have to! That's what I do - we often order pizzas for the kids as it's my youngest's favourite food, but I have only had one slice, once. That's just because I ensure I have different nice food to eat while they have their pizzas. If there are any slices left over, I immediately wrap them in foil and the kids take them to school as their lunch the next day.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Is this even a problem?:indifferent:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't see why your husband can't be considerate of your diet and order the pizza at a friend's home.
    In my opinion it sounds like a sabotage of your diet, but then I'm usually wrong about things (plus I've never been married so I probably shouldn't be speculating). Again, though, why can't he be more considerate of your diet? Can you point the pattern out to him in case he doesn't know? He really should be nicer....

If he orders pizza every 2 weeks, and she is "trying to get back on track" every 2 weeks, then of course it seems it is sabotage. But maybe, you know, he likes pizza and orders it pretty regularly anyway? Now if she said he orders pizza today, and tomorrow he brings home fast food burgers and the next day he brings home brownies and he makes me sit at the table until I eat it, then that would be sabotage. The rest is just BS. You have to make these choices every day, in every situation, get used to it.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options

I wouldn't blame the husband. It is all about choices. My husband orders Chinese, pizza and wings all the time. No big deal for me, I just eat something different. I am actually glad I don't have to cook. ;)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    1500 is a lot left at the end of the day. OP, make sure you are not overestimating your exercise calories. I think one reason people struggle with losing weight is....underestimating calories and overestimating calories burned.

I see people logging cooking, cleaning...etc. I only log actual exercise. So if I am out and about shopping/walking all day, I don't count that as "exercise". It is just a bonus.

But if you have a true 1500 left..have that pizza. :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    You have 1500 calories remaining??? if so eat the pizza is my opinion

1500 calories? Lady you need to eat a FEW slices.

We order pizza a lot around here. BF gets what he wants and the other half is veggie. I normally have 2 or 3 slices depending on how many calories I have left in the day. Nothing wrong with pizza - as long as you aren't eating a whole one (unless of course you worked out like a beast and have the calories to spare then by all means eat the pizza :p )
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Its really up to you.

If you want to loose weight practice the shake your head diet.

When someone offers you food like pizza shake your head to the left then the right several times.

Boils down to will power, do you want to lose or do you want to eat pizza? Your choice. The more you choice losing the easier it gets.

Also don't eat back calories.. I can't see how you'd lose eating back 1500 cals.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv3WQKp15s8oeJJxwtibxndzD9qIDd3uK0pPrzTbp86Uoia3U_
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Eat pizza if it fits into your day. Personally, I order a thin crust pizza topped with tons of veggies and grilled chicken - way fewer calories and still satisfies the desire for pizza.
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options

So ... If I take two slices of bread and put some cheese, meat and veggies between them, it might be a healthy meal. But if I put cheese, veggies and meat on top of bread and bake it, the nutrients magically disappear?

You're so much smarter than I am. Will you be my nutrition guru?
    t
    This is a healthy meal to you?
    U
    two slices of bread and put some cheese, meat and veggies between them

PS, dont forget that veggies is processed, that bread is processed, that meat is processed... so yea, where is this healthy? ms guru?
    The veggies are processed????? LMFAO

You're adorable.

are you being ignorant on purpose to assume that tomato sauce, used in making pizza isnt processed?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    Options

So ... If I take two slices of bread and put some cheese, meat and veggies between them, it might be a healthy meal. But if I put cheese, veggies and meat on top of bread and bake it, the nutrients magically disappear?

t
    U

PS, dont forget that veggies is processed, that bread is processed, that meat is processed... so yea, where is this healthy? ms guru?

You're adorable.

are you being ignorant on purpose to assume that tomato sauce, used in making pizza isnt processed?
    1. Tomatoes are a fruit - specifically, they're a member of the berry family. An old Supreme Court case involving interstate commerce had them classified as a vegetable for tax purposes, which helped create the confusion on this, though why it persists is beyond me.

2. Do you think diced tomatoes (readily available on pizza in most locales) are processed? What about fresh sliced onions, or peppers, or eggplant? If yes, why? If no, then what happens to them when they go into a pizza oven on top of some complex carbs from grains and a tomato (fruit) base with some cheese that transmogrifies them from healthy food into garbage?
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Very simple:

you want it, have it.
    you don't want it, don't have it.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    OP--
    I don't want you not to post here because of something I said. It's just I don't understand why you have a problem with the pizza when you have so many calories available. This is a way of life, not a diet, and you should not feel like you have to deprive yourself of things you like. Otherwise, you'll go bezerko - feeling bad for yourself. And, I don't understand the comment about your husband - it's like you're blaming him for you going off track. If he likes pizza, and you have enough calories to eat the pizza, why not sit together and enjoy it. Sure, there may be days you don't have calories available and you have to have a salad instead, but not this time. And planning ahead would prevent that.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I offended you. I wish you success in your efforts.
  • jenifervine
    jenifervine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eat the pizza... We ordered pizza last Thursday .. I had 1300 calories left after exercise and had 3 slices... My weigh in day is on Friday morning... Lost 3 lbs!!! If you don't let yourself eat the things you want you will regret it later when you are hiding in the closet with a candy bar!!! LOL Ive done it!!!
    As long as you stay within your calorie limit for the day you will be fine.. you need to eat some of your calories back! you will stall out if you dont!
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You need to be able to maneuver around all kinds of food and it sounds like you have a good number of calories left. Maybe include a large salad and some pizza, whatever fits.

When we get pizza, I'm lucky that my husband likes thin crust. We order 1/2 with whatever he likes and I get half with veggies...my favorite. I eat 2 pieces and the other 2 are lunch or dinner another day. Works for us!

this is EXACTLY what we do too! half of the pizza is garden veggie (for me) and the other half is whatever DH is in the mood for. two slices for me, the rest goes in the fridge for another meal, and i add a gigantic leafy salad (mix of spinach and romaine) wilth red wine vinegar as dressing.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    It never fails, the minute I start to get back on track, my husband orders pizza. Now, I feel like depriving yourself of EVERYTHING is a bad way to go, but pizza is just really bad.... With the activity that I've done today, according to mfp, I'm left with some 1,500 calories remaining (crazy, because I only started with 1,400 this morning, and I've already had breakfast, lunch and a snack!) but I feel like that's a little crazy. Should I allow myself a piece of pizza (or two? lol) this evening when my husband orders? Or should I try to will my way out of it, and go hide while the pizza is out? It's really hard, because my husband won't NOT order it to make life easier for me, because he wants it and is going to get it, unfortunately... lol but I can't really blame him. What do you guys think?

You do know that pizza can be a part of your balanced breakfast? Er... diet. A piece or two is fine, a pie or two is not. It's all about moderation.

-signed, the guy who has a slice of pizza and a bunch of tofu for lunch.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    Options

F
    t
    U

You're adorable.

1. Tomatoes are a fruit - specifically, they're a member of the berry family. An old Supreme Court case involving interstate commerce had them classified as a vegetable for tax purposes, which helped create the confusion on this, though why it persists is beyond me.

2. Do you think diced tomatoes (readily available on pizza in most locales) are processed? What about fresh sliced onions, or peppers, or eggplant? If yes, why? If no, then what happens to them when they go into a pizza oven on top of some complex carbs from grains and a tomato (fruit) base with some cheese that transmogrifies them from healthy food into garbage?

first off, you are being moronic... the pizza was a regular pizza, not a fresh slice veggie pizza.

2nd... tomato sauce, is not diced tomatoes... it is can after can of processed tomato sauce. in other words... pumped full of preservatives and sodium.

so please, if you do this to fool yourself, cool, but stop blowing smoke up peoples *kitten* about how processed foods are so amazingly healthy for you.
    Thanks for the insult; it's an interesting retort to being asked to respond intelligently. Second, who specified what "this pizza" is, or what defines "regular pizza"? Third, you're aware that not every pizza place makes their pizza sauce the same way, right? And that, for some of them, they're not using ingredients "pumped full of preservatives and sodium"? Or. . . do you have the exhaustive list of all the recipes for pizza joints to back up your claims? Finally, I said nothing about "processed foods are so amazingly healthy for you." I have yet to see any reputable study that indicates that eating them in moderation is horrible for you, but that's not the same sentiment. I'm sure you know that, with your self-described education. :flowerforyou: