Catty Women

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    quote]
    I've worked with all women, and with all men....now its probably 90/10 male/female ratio. I have to say...some guys can be just as bad, or worse than women when it comes to that stuff, but I'd still NEVER willingly take a job in an office with all women every again :noway:

This is why when hiring, I'll look at women as a last resort. I'm a software engineer, and long and short, having women in the office just ****s up the vibe. It's much better to be efficient communicators - transfer the information (good bad or indifferent) and move on - without worrying about anyone's friggin feelings.
    Seriously! We have this 20 year old intern who all the guys are drooling over, and there's not a week that goes by where someone doesn't come and complain to me about her clothes being too tight, or her heels too high. 99% of the time, she's completely covered, her skirts to or just above the knee, and her neckline appropriate..but these catty cows don't like the attention she gets..... I want to say "get over it...you were that age once too" SMH....

wow....ummm.. it sounds to me like both your HR departments are in need of serious help. It has nothing to do with being women... it has to do with work ethic and personality traits... perhaps future interviews should be more comprehensive. This is a problem within your hiring process not one that you should be putting on an entire female population.
    ahhh...if only the solution were so simple and the world so ideal. I'm at a HUGE multi-national company, and if all the experienced, educated, qualified (but catty personality) people got fired (or weren't hired), I suspect we'd have about 5 people left here to do the work...

Huh, so at the HUGE multi-national company, everyone there but 5 people are female and catty.... yikes, you should look for a new job.
    [/quote]

Why would I want to look for a new job? Perhaps you're confusing who wrote what....but I never stated I work with all catty women, or that I was unhappy about it at all....I just said that I'd never want to work in an office of ALL women again. Its a good company, and I am paid very well. I have also been out in the working world long enough to understand that you don't just quit a job because some women are catty (that's everywhere I've ever worked, and if you haven't seen it where you work, you should consider yourself very lucky). Quite honestly, their behavior amuses me most of the time.....
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    If most women you ever came in contact with were catty b@tches, forgive me for assuming that it might actually be you who has a problem.

Not necessarily. It could really be her peer group / environment. It's been my experience that women in big cities are less catty than those in suburbs and small towns. Successful ambitious women are less catty than those who are just working to pass the time. Even certain industries seem to have more cattiness than others.
    People with no dreams/ambitions might be "catty" out of boredom or jealousy. One should still strive to get out of that environment. To a certain extent you create your environment anyways.

Exactly. And I think that's what I was getting at. People who are bored and dissatisfied with their lives tend to be more catty. I know if I worked with a bunch of women like that, I'd probably seek a job elsewhere. But then again, I embrace change and risk, and have no dependents.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    And hey, when it hits close to home, it's "different", eh?

It shouldn't be. You disrepect the women in your life by disrepecting women in general.

Does your wife know you discriminate against women? If she does, I bet she is ashamed of you. If not, she should be.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Women outnumber men in the US and yet there has never been a female President.

Why?

Because women are ultra-critical of other women...
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

It shouldn't be. You disrepect the women in your life by disrepecting women in general.

Does your wife know you discriminate against women? If she does, I bet she is ashamed of you. If not, she should be.
    That was perfectly put. :baconforyou:
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I've worked with all women, and with all men....now its probably 90/10 male/female ratio. I have to say...some guys can be just as bad, or worse than women when it comes to that stuff, but I'd still NEVER willingly take a job in an office with all women every again :noway:

This is why when hiring, I'll look at women as a last resort. I'm a software engineer, and long and short, having women in the office just ****s up the vibe. It's much better to be efficient communicators - transfer the information (good bad or indifferent) and move on - without worrying about anyone's friggin feelings.

FYI - I'm exactly the type of person who will find you and expose you for this bullsh1t. And I'm good at finding people.
  • happpyarrogance
    happpyarrogance Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the fitbit flex? I'm thinking about getting one. Im currently on weight watchers, but I feel like the fitbit flex is basically the same thing just not 'point' based, and also in the long run its cheaper then paying 40 bucks a month for as long as is needed, just one flat $100...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Yeah, I agree!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Thank you. I love bacon :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Well, if you'd like to call and discuss .. 985 655 2500

lololololololol
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

FYI - I'm exactly the type of person who will find you and expose you for this bullsh1t. And I'm good at finding people.

Shouldn't be hard now that he posted his phone number in a public forum. :wink:

Now if we can get a real number....

I just recognized that one. Slow today.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Why?

Is this a joke?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

So, Off topic, but what happens when you call this number? I have just heard of it from the youth I work with.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. Waste of energy.
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You had me until "this is why I don't have female friends". Bleh :sick:
    This.

When I was younger I felt like that about female friends. Then, I grew up. I've had the same girlfriends since childhood. I've made new friends since then when I was in college (in my 30's). My friends are not catty. And I don't think it's fair to characterize all women as such. I've worked in a male-dominant field for years now, and allow me to tell you that the same amount of them do the same thing.

^^^^ this... I agree... character is not based on gender. If you are happy with yourself you will be happy for others and not treat them any less.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

So, Off topic, but what happens when you call this number? I have just heard of it from the youth I work with.

You get a verse of Never Gonna Give You Up, then a smarmy DJ comes on ...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Why?

Is this a joke?

I was giving the BOD that it was. I sure hope it was. Looking at who posted it, I am 99% sure.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I work in an office that is only women. Today on the lawn they are holding a ceremony to honor fallen officers, so there are a lot of police officers outside getting ready. Most of us are hanging at the window drooling over the eye candy because, well, who doesn't love a man in uniform? Anyways, one of the officer's wife walks up with their son and she is drop dead gorgeous. All of the women start making comments. "Oh, my god! Look at her hair! It has to be bleached." "Her boobs are too big for her body. They are fake." And on and on. I mean they referred to her as being a prostitute and everything else. I'm sitting there thinking that I couldn't imagine being this woman and feeling that kind of venom just for being pretty. I spoke up and said that I bet she's super nice and called them out on it, but they didn't care. This is why I don't have many female friends. Are all women so catty?

OP is a woman. OP is not "catty." OP answered her own question.

Also, internalized misogyny is a very sad thing to see.
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I work in an office that is only women. Today on the lawn they are holding a ceremony to honor fallen officers, so there are a lot of police officers outside getting ready. Most of us are hanging at the window drooling over the eye candy because, well, who doesn't love a man in uniform? Anyways, one of the officer's wife walks up with their son and she is drop dead gorgeous. All of the women start making comments. "Oh, my god! Look at her hair! It has to be bleached." "Her boobs are too big for her body. They are fake." And on and on. I mean they referred to her as being a prostitute and everything else. I'm sitting there thinking that I couldn't imagine being this woman and feeling that kind of venom just for being pretty. I spoke up and said that I bet she's super nice and called them out on it, but they didn't care. This is why I don't have many female friends. Are all women so catty?

Maybe it's because I have worked mainly in places with very few, if any, women, but yes, in my experience women are extremely catty about any other woman who is better looking or seems more intelligent than them. In addition to the hormonal influence someone else mentioned, it is probably also due to the fact that in the US (and other places), women are judged primarily on their looks and women, having very little direct power, use subversive passive-aggressive social nastiness to put down anyone they feel is somehow a threat to their position in the pecking order.

Yes, men can be insecure, but I've never seen the degree of cattiness in men that I see all the time in women. Of course it's not all women, but it's absolutely shocking (and disgusting) how common it is.

Hats off to you for standing up for that woman!!
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    ... It's been my experience that women in big cities are less catty than those in suburbs and small towns. Successful ambitious women are less catty than those who are just working to pass the time. Even certain industries seem to have more cattiness than others.

^^^ THIS ^^^