'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options
Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I think everybody has preferences and deal breakers, period.
  • stephx4
    stephx4 Posts: 810
    Options
    F the haters babes there's always someone better just around the corner ;-)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    F the haters babes there's always someone better just around the corner ;-)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Anyone who makes such blanket statements isn't worth your time anyway.
  • Courtney_0402
    Options

Everyone is entitled to their preferences. I'm not going to deny that to a person, but there's still no reason to be an a-hole about it.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I think it's an offensive thing to say and I think you're right that anyone who assumes 'big' girls are lazy, stinky, etc. are just idiots.

However, I also think it's fine for people to have preferences. I'm not attracted to big men (whether it be "fat" or even if they're "big" as in "super ripped"). That doesn't mean it's wrong to be a big man, it just means I, personally, am not attracted to them. I probably will never date a big man, because even if I loved his personality, there would be no attraction there for me. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Everyone is entitled to their preferences. I'm not going to deny that to a person, but there's still no reason to be an a-hole about it.

True, but it sure does make it easier to weed out the asssholes when they show their true colors. And if they are not being an *kitten* about it, than it goes back to simple preferences.
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think people have a right to preferences regarding who they date.
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I see it the same as when I used to say "no, I don't date blondes." everyone has their personal preference. If you are attracted to something aesthetically you are...if not.....you're not.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hey... I'm afraid my husband will leave me for a chubby girl when I reach my goal!!! LOL

There's someone for everyone.
    Don't worry you'll find your great match. :wink:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    well, he didn't say Fat... that would be a-hole.
  • linaholbert
    Options
    Well. he said Big, he didn't say Fat. Just accept it, you are what you are. But I agree I cant care less when people voice their preferences. Also, it is shallow. And then it is fun watching people falling in love with what they thought they don't like.
  • blackmagic25
    blackmagic25 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has their types for example I can't get mad at a girl if she's not attracted to black guys lol just saying
  • Courtney_0402
    Options
    I think everyone has their types for example I can't get mad at a girl if she's not attracted to black guys lol just saying

I like me a black guy though. LOL.
  • stephx4
    stephx4 Posts: 810
    Options
    I love me a black guy ;-)
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Some guys have gone through life looking "normal" or "average", some have even grown up as very attractive boys and men, and they've had the chance to be choosy about the type of woman that they date, they're picky, because they can be.

Some guys, like the chubby ones had to cultivate a personality as they grew up, they had to be NICE for people to treat them the same as the pretty ones. That's why you have the disconnect, nice guys more often than not have more humility and more compassion than pretty ones.

Here's a chart

boy-venn-diagram_zpsb4da8984.jpg

This is also true

ClassStr_zpsf6e99d1d.jpg

ClassStr2_zps766d51ab.jpg

I hate photobucket with the fury of a nova.. Resizing never works, even when you check the "replace the original" box
  • 2boned
    2boned Posts: 44
    Options

I like me a black guy though. LOL.
  • beatrixkiddo23
    Options
    i agree with what others have said...u can't hate on someone preferences...i think maybe u don't like how they may say it? that can be hurtful...but in the end, it's that person's tastes...
  • blackmagic25
    blackmagic25 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love me a black guy ;-)
    well thank you :)
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have preferences too, but I'd never say them out loud, I just dated guys who I was physically attracted to. I think people who make those kinds of statements are secretly attracted to that very type of person, but are too cowardly to pursue such due to their own insecurities or fear of pubic perceptions.