Replies

• kon_e3
    kon_e3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    image.png
  • SieSie76
    SieSie76 Posts: 60
    Options
    I think some of us have failed to realize one thing... This thread is quite pointless. People are not going to stop being themselves, good or bad, funny or sad, happy or angry. Nothing will change. A person doesn't change their ways over night because a stranger online told them that they are being rude. They aren't going to care what you say to them, so why should you care what they say to you? In fact, you're letting them win by allowing them to get to you. It obviously bothered you enough to post this thread to begin with. On top of that, you've just made way for others to laugh at, poke fun at, and be rude to you... Which was the problem to begin with. So you really haven't corrected you situation, but probably made it worse. If you are focusing on the negative comments, well now you've got quite a few of them.

So if you are still reading this thread, I suggest you stop here. I'd rather you just move on from the matter and not let these things get you down. Keep up with your fitness and aim for your goals, because ultimately, your happiness is what should matter most to you. So do whatever you can to be happy~ Isn't that what we all strive for? Happiness?

<3
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Big-Girl-Panties.png

I'm strangely attracted to this cartoon . . .
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    When ppl are rude to me (or in general) for no reason I don't take it personal, because I think they have issues with themselves and they take it out on others.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people thisis there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

And there is the reason they come to this sight - too damn lazy to do things for themselves and expect others to do their work for them. If you're not motivated enough to use the "search" feature to look for answers, how are you going to be motivated to put the answers into effort?
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just direct this to the person concerned!!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    corrinebrown wrote: "Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted."

And there lies the root of your problem. When I joined MFP, I spent time going reading the forum to see what I can learn and obtain answers to questions that I may have. This is call taking responsibility, 15 minutes a day is not too much to ask to do this. All of us are busy busy busy (the Angie commercial), but the ones that spend time going through the forum, do not expect others to be instantly at our disposal.

I find some people expect instant answers to their questions, because they are too lazy to do a little research. If there is an answer to a question that I was thinking about or a website address that have interesting information, I normally copy it and paste in Wordpad to read at my leisure.

Some people are not as computer literate as you or lack time for all the research. The only way they are wasting your time is if you choose to answer them. Instead of berating them for not searching themselves why not just go to another forum where your time wont be wasted.

To value your time above someone else's is rude whether they have the time available or not.
  • Just_Alyssa
    Just_Alyssa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is not fitness "school" .

Wait, so I won't get an "A" for doing those special "extra credit" squats like that guy I met on the internet said?
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I agree

0635_f205.gif
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I just ignore it. People that are mean obviously have some type of complex otherwise they wouldn't treat other people like crap.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    sad_face.gif
  • HealthyDreamy
    HealthyDreamy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree....some people forget that they were once the ones looking for advice, then the drop 50lb and go all diva like....shame some peoples attitudes cant reflect on the inside what they become on the outside.

Fine line between confidence and arrogance isnt it.

EVERYONE IS HERE FOR THE SAME REASON....be thoughful, share your tricks and tips...spread the love!

KARMA BABY ;0)
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Big-Girl-Panties.png

Nothing strange about that IMO
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I think for some people...being rude gives them a sense of power that they may not have in their real lives.

You can have a job you hate (where no one listens to you), a spouse you can't communicate with, parents you never talk to...but here..you can get people to listen to your opinion by being combative and abrasive.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Put the ones that are mean on ignore and move on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Big-Girl-Panties.png

Nothing strange about that IMO

That's good to know because I'm also strangely attracted to that cartoon...
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    deliverycaptain.jpg
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I was just saying to myself, "Self, there hasn't been a 'mean people' thread on MFP in at least an hour". Thank you, OP, for filling that void. I applaud you. WTG. Good luck on your journey.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Put the ones that are mean on ignore and move on.

1368351841_applause-gif-3.gif
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "I notice you left out police... because they are strangers and btw so are law officials and yet they tell us how to behave.

And actually yes, I have gone up to a complete stranger and told them to stop screaming in a restaurant and ruining everybodies meal. The childs parents were pointing out how the childs behavior had everybody staring at him and yet they did nothing about it. They wanted to embarrass him into behaving properly and when that didn't work, I went over there and told him to knock it off, that it was rude... and you know what, people actually applauded! lol"

[/quote]

"We listen to the police because they have the guns, and also because we've consented to certain laws and regulations as a condition of living in a particular society.

And walking up to a complete stranger and correcting their behavior is rude. You may have gotten applause but you were completely rude.

You can keep arguing that it's not. You'll continue to be wrong. It is unforgivably wrong to correct the behavior of another person who you are either not (a) the parent or caregiver of, (b) a person in a position of authority to such person, such as a member of the clergy, a teacher, a coach, a scout leader, etc., or (c) a public official enforcing laws and regulations.

And if you'd spoken to my child in a restaurant about her behavior, I would have told you to step away from my child. Who do you think you are?

And yes, I'm being rude by telling you you're being rude. It's not ironic. It's intentional."
    [/quote]

^^^ Agree wholeheartedly.
    I can't IMAGINE disciplining another person's child, if the parents are present. In no way is that anyone's business, unless they are abusing the child in some way. The people in the restaurant applauded? What type of establishment WAS this? I can't imagine... And, in all honesty, what you did was probably extremely embarrassing for those parents, when they were already probably horrified at how their child was behaving in public. :frown:
This discussion has been closed.