Girls wear certain clothes when they are looking

Options

Replies

• Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I normally just wear a sign with my hourly rate on it? Isn't that what y'all do?

Will you take food stamps? Please? LOL
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I WILL get crap for this, but I don't go to a bad area carrying a sack of diamonds and money and flashing it around.

Just saying - If you don't want to be called a *kitten*, dress modestly. It really isn't that hard. It isn't against your 'freedom' as a woman, it's just respect for yourself, and a lot of time, respect for other peoples eyes. Just like the women of facebook, who has bikini pics etc, then give out when men comment and like.

Doing it for yourself or not, the need to flash parts of yourself all the time is just immature, and it won't get you the right partner anyway, and you will be left wondering why.

Women cannot go out dressed like a hooker, then come home and complain that 'perverts' were looking at her, and all men are sexist pigs. You all know it happens, and some of you probably do it, so say what you want, but you know it's true.

Women are for the most part hypocrites, because most women of today treat men like pieces of meat, and complain when it is done to them.

I'm so glad that you have deep insight and intimate knowledge of the psyches of 3.5 billion women. Or "most women" "for the most part".

No. Just... No.

Me too. The truth hurts. Most generally implies not all. Which is why I said it. Whether we like it or not, it is true.

But anyway, I guess it is easier to sit behind a keyboard and call me ignorant just because I think women should have more respect for themselves, and not WANT to dress like *kitten*.

And I'm the sexist one?
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    For the record- I spend the majority of my time in Mom-mode, or in workout attire. When I go somewhere, you can bet your sweet tush that I'm going to wear one of the 100 or so little dresses that I can finally fit into.

Heels are also likely. And I walk in (wherever it is) like I own the dang room. ;-)
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    I WILL get crap for this, but I don't go to a bad area carrying a sack of diamonds and money and flashing it around.

Just saying - If you don't want to be called a *kitten*, dress modestly. It really isn't that hard. It isn't against your 'freedom' as a woman, it's just respect for yourself, and a lot of time, respect for other peoples eyes. Just like the women of facebook, who has bikini pics etc, then give out when men comment and like.

Doing it for yourself or not, the need to flash parts of yourself all the time is just immature, and it won't get you the right partner anyway, and you will be left wondering why.

Women cannot go out dressed like a hooker, then come home and complain that 'perverts' were looking at her, and all men are sexist pigs. You all know it happens, and some of you probably do it, so say what you want, but you know it's true.

Women are for the most part hypocrites, because most women of today treat men like pieces of meat, and complain when it is done to them.

I'm so glad that you have deep insight and intimate knowledge of the psyches of 3.5 billion women. Or "most women" "for the most part".

No. Just... No.

Me too. The truth hurts. Most generally implies not all. Which is why I said it. Whether we like it or not, it is true.

But anyway, I guess it is easier to sit behind a keyboard and call me ignorant just because I think women should have more respect for themselves, and not WANT to dress like *kitten*.

And I'm the sexist one?

WHAT exactly is "dressing like a *kitten*"????!?!? Please, enlighten me? You're toeing a very thin line that coordinates dangerously well with the "she's asking for it" line of thought. And I'm not talking about flirting.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree with Ruby myself. Women love attention. They may or may not welcome comments. That's situational but they do love the attention.
    I wasn't aware that we were all the same... How ridiculous is it to make one general blanket statement that's supposed to accurately apply to half the population :noway:

My opinion, the only way to know why a women is dressing the way she does is to ask her...but that doesn't mean she has an obligation to tell you. I will say this, there is NO way to dress that indicates that a person is less deserving of respect.
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    I don't run around with my boobs and butt hanging out. But I do wear dresses.. and I do wear heels. I happen to have very long legs... so regardless of whether or not it's intended to, said dresses often appear at least moderately short.

I must be a *kitten*.

I must be a street walker instead of an intelligent, well-educated, caring, kind, dedicated mother, sister, friend, and individual. Like "MOST" women- I must have NO self respect.

I feel sorry for you and your limited view of the world.
  • emmalouc93
    Options

And I'm the sexist one?

WHAT exactly is "dressing like a *kitten*"????!?!? Please, enlighten me? You're toeing a very thin line that coordinates dangerously well with the "she's asking for it" line of thought. And I'm not talking about flirting.
    [/quote]

Everyone knows what dressing like a *kitten* is, don't act naive. No one asks for it, and it is never ok to sexual assault someone. But what I'm saying is, should we use that as an excuse to go out wearing absolutely nothing and feel ok about it? No. Men or no men, why anyone would WANT to look like that is beyond me. It is disgusting. We could be adults about it, and realise some women DO dress inappropriately, or we could turn this into a men hating thread bashing all males for even noticing the opposite sex.

There is also a fine line between advocating for women, and being a downright child about it, thinking women should get their own way no matter what. We need to step up and take responsibility for what we do, as do men.

The fact you have to justify to me that you're not a *kitten* says a lot, nothing I said was personally aimed at you, yet you feel as if it is. It says a lot about what you think of yourself. Not for nothing, but saying you don't go around with your boobs out and having a profile pic of yourself in your underwear is kind of silly.

I'm all for women being equal, and I am glad that women have the choice to do things we want. That doesn't mean we should abuse that freedom and abuse ourselves by making a mockery of the self respect we are meant to have.

Just my two cents, if anyone doesn't agree, that's cool. I'm not losing any sleep over what others think of my opinions, nor should you.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

I love how you had to put 'freedom' in quotes like that... like it's not real, or at least not something that women are actually entitled to.
    No one should have to dress modestly to impress people like you. I can surely tell you that never once have I worried if emmalouc93 might think I look like a *kitten* before walking out my front door.

I really feel bad when I read things like this from other women, because I know that it is a learned way of thinking and it's sad that it's so widespread that even we accept and enforce misogynistic ideals as women ourselves.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Some people try too hard to be offended.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I shave my legs because I like them smooth, not because I think that will attract guys.
    I dress how I dress because I like to look good. Nothing wrong with that ...
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    The larger issue this implies is that women should not wear/say/do what they choose if it could be interpreted as "sexy" and if they do, they are clearly looking for sexual attention, a sexual partner, etc. Rape and sexual assault victims are often told they were "asking for it" because of what they were wearing- and this is a common opinion adopted by both men AND other women, bringing up even larger and deeper social issues.

db0vo.jpg

3038ftg.jpg
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between wanting sexual attention, to feel sexually attractive, and wanting sex from any random stranger.

Love.

As for myself, I wear what I wear because that's what I can afford. And most of that includes shirts that show my boobs. I like my boobs.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The larger issue this implies is that women should not wear/say/do what they choose if it could be interpreted as "sexy" and if they do, they are clearly looking for sexual attention, a sexual partner, etc. Rape and sexual assault victims are often told they were "asking for it" because of what they were wearing- and this is a common opinion adopted by both men AND other women, bringing up even larger and deeper social issues.

db0vo.jpg

3038ftg.jpg

YESYESYESYES

tumblr_mg4gdnjT7d1r0c2vro2_500.png
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

No. Just... No.

And I'm the sexist one?
    Honestly ask yourself where you got the idea that a woman's level of self-respect was directly related to the way she dressed or how much of her body she shows. That way of thinking just perpetuates the idea that a woman is only worth her virginity and that our worth as individuals is somehow tied to our sexual activity. Does that really make sense to you?
  • emmalouc93
    Options
    I love how you had to put 'freedom' in quotes like that... like it's not real, or at least not something that women are actually entitled to.
    No one should have to dress modestly to impress people like you. I can surely tell you that never once have I worried if emmalouc93 might think I look like a *kitten* before walking out my front door.

I really feel bad when I read things like this from other women, because I know that it is a learned way of thinking and it's sad that it's so widespread that even we accept and enforce misogynistic ideals as women ourselves.

Yes because I see freedom as being able to work, do what you want in life, marry who you want, go where you want. Not the right to dress like a hooker. Don't turn this into a *****y free for all, it will not work.

Please don't put that much self importance on yourself that I care what you do or don't do, I'm giving my opinion here like everyone else is.

Is that ok with you, or should anyone that disagrees just not have a say? :)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you want...but don't get pissy when you get hit on if it is sexy and appealing to the opposite sex. If it looks like you are "flaunting what you have", we're probably gonna want to see if you want more!

How about women can wear whatever the hell they like and it doesn't mean you or any other man is entitled to claim us.

It is not your god given right to 'hit on' women, and frankly it sounds like the kind of mentality that rape victim blamers have: 'she was dressed this way...she was asking for it'.

NO

Way to take a simple thing and turn it into the absolute extreme. No one is saying any of the crap you just spewed.

Being approached isn't staking a "claim"....sorry we're not out to rape you.

The why would you say 'don't get pissy' when you 'hit on' a girl? Surely that implies that they do not want to be approached and harrassed by someone who thinks its a compliment.

Firstly, you took part of my quote out of context, this isn't politics you don't get any points for rebutting a sentence taken out of a larger quote.

I said dress how you like, however, understand that if you dress and look sexy males are going to react to that.

We are a visual species first and foremost, we gravitate initially to what attracts us...and simply that is attractive. So yes, don't get all "up in arms" if you are approached when you are dressed in a way that appears to solicit it. A simply "no thanks" is all that is needed.
  • emmalouc93
    Options

No. Just... No.

And I'm the sexist one?
    Honestly ask yourself where you got the idea that a woman's level of self-respect was directly related to the way she dressed or how much of her body she shows. That way of thinking just perpetuates the idea that a woman is only worth her virginity and that our worth as individuals is somehow tied to our sexual activity. Does that really make sense to you?

I thought it was common sense to realise you don't have to show your tits off to the world to get respect from them. It's hilarious you're arguing with that statement, yet trying to paint me as the misogynistic one.
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    very defensive eh? i lyke ruby an agree with her :)
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options

No. Just... No.

And I'm the sexist one?

I thought it was common sense to realise you don't have to show your tits off to the world to get respect from them. It's hilarious you're arguing with that statement, yet trying to paint me as the misogynistic one.

You're so ignorant about this that you don't even notice how offensive you're being to all women.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

And I'm the sexist one?

Everyone knows what dressing like a *kitten* is, don't act naive. No one asks for it, and it is never ok to sexual assault someone. But what I'm saying is, should we use that as an excuse to go out wearing absolutely nothing and feel ok about it? No. Men or no men, why anyone would WANT to look like that is beyond me. It is disgusting. We could be adults about it, and realise some women DO dress inappropriately, or we could turn this into a men hating thread bashing all males for even noticing the opposite sex.

There is also a fine line between advocating for women, and being a downright child about it, thinking women should get their own way no matter what. We need to step up and take responsibility for what we do, as do men.

The fact you have to justify to me that you're not a *kitten* says a lot, nothing I said was personally aimed at you, yet you feel as if it is. It says a lot about what you think of yourself. Not for nothing, but saying you don't go around with your boobs out and having a profile pic of yourself in your underwear is kind of silly.

I'm all for women being equal, and I am glad that women have the choice to do things we want. That doesn't mean we should abuse that freedom and abuse ourselves by making a mockery of the self respect we are meant to have.

Just my two cents, if anyone doesn't agree, that's cool. I'm not losing any sleep over what others think of my opinions, nor should you.

There is nothing disgusting or wrong about the human body. It's natural. Nudity is natural. You are the one who needs to mature. And while I'm at it, sexuality is natural, it's not disgusting either.