"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    that brown bread with little nuts and seeds in :sick: to me it's like eating cardboard with grit in, just... no

and stinky fish, why someone would want to eat it is beyond me, especially stinking out the house for a good day with the windows open -.-
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Just sweet potatoes and mushrooms

I'll practically eat anything else.
    Just not sushi, but that's only because of the fishy seaweed taste
    (Don't think it's too healthy anyway..?)

btw Died laughing out loud at someone saying Tomatoes are the Devil's testicles
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    alot of fruits, such a chore to eat them. I'd rather eat one square of chocolate than a whole apple!
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    that brown bread with little nuts and seeds in :sick: to me it's like eating cardboard with grit in, just... no

and stinky fish, why someone would want to eat it is beyond me, especially stinking out the house for a good day with the windows open -.-
    Ezekial bread?! haha it is carboardish but it serves as a nice vehicle for good tasting stuff
    I'm struggling a bit with the low sodium one right now because it's absolutely tasteless!
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Mushrooms! :sick:
  • sammi674
    sammi674 Posts: 41
    Options
    Any vegetables! I TOLERATE green beans, carrots, and roasted cauliflower. Any other vegetables don't happen. But it's not like I crave ANY of them and I would gladly live without them if given the choice.

Spinach and onions are the worst. Lettuce is just boring and gets gross after a few bites. Meh.

I have yet to find a fruit that I hate, however.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and broccoli - bland boringness. I do force them down from time to time, but have never liked them from childhood. Even my mother calling them "trees" didn't make them any more appealing to me.

Absolutely ... and brussel fracking sprouts.

Can't stand avocado either ... yeeesh ...
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. I'm also not a huge fan of iceberg lettuce but I'll eat it when it comes with a salad. I would never buy it on my own though.
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, so the big craze that seems to be going on is kale chips. I tried a kale chip for the first time today and.... meh. I can't say that I hate kale chips, but it's definitely not something that I would eat unless given to me for free (as was this case). I do love root vegetable chips, though.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    pears

mushrooms

kale

raw bell peppers

raw garlic

black eyed peas

celery

raw onions

milk

commercial/processed honey

cauliflower

baked beans

lima beans

chicken with the bone in

grapefruit

tofu/soy alternatives

asparagus

whole wheat flour & pasta

chickpeas

avocados (also allergic to)

peas (also allergic to)

peanuts & peanut butter (allergic)

watermelon (allergic)

raw & uncooked apples (allergic)

hazelnuts & nutella (allergic)
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    dark chocolate
    White milk.(i love chocolate milk, but alas, i'm lactose intolerant.)
    Celery
    Bell peppers.
    cauliflower
    steamed zucchini. It has to be raw or in something.(zucchini cakes are bomb.)
    whole wheat flour
    apples
    oranges
    pears
    tomatoes
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've gone off tinned fish since I found 12 pieces of round, hollow white bone in a SMALL tin of salmon. Can't even think of opening a tin of any fish now without feeling queasy.

I think you always get that in tinned salmon? It's the spine. I used to think it was the best bit when I was little, Crunchy.

Honestly, no offence to anybody here, but reading a couple of pages of this is the most first-world problems thread of all! ;)

I tried to go veggie, but not knowing how to cook without meat I tried using quorn in recipes instead. It made me feel really queasy. Not sure if it's just because I know how it's made, or whether my body just knows it's NOT what it's pretending to be!
  • Doylerawmeat
    Doylerawmeat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    vegetables and fruits

This. I try and try to eat them, but just cant stand them. I dont like the taste or texture of pretty much 90% fruit and veg. Makes dieting difficult, but I just cant get past my problems with it. My girlfriend is vegetarian, so she does some amazing things with them, and even then, I just cant do it.
  • Doylerawmeat
    Doylerawmeat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    And Qourn and Tofu. No matter how its cooked, seasoned, flavoured etc, it always tase like cardboard, or wet sponge.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    oatmeal.

it's basically cardboard. the lack of taste is a dead giveaway.
  • TheNavet
    TheNavet Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes are my downfall - I HATE them :sick: But I adore tomato sauce :happy:
    Sweet potatoes are well... too sweet for me... Just like beetroot!
    And I'm not the biggest fan of cucumber either :/
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Avocado, figs, broad beans/edamame, tofu

I like green, barely yellow bananas but hate ripe ones.

Keep trying foods. Your tastes change every seven years (roughly).

I used to loathe mushrooms and shrimp/prawns; now I can't get enough. I used to eat avocado and now the thought of it makes me shudder.
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oats :sad:

I absolutely hate oats in any form unless they have been curried with spices and pepper. And then too, its more like........:ohwell:
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    Goji berries!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    cottage bloody cheese