Nice guys vs Bad boys

Options
runner2runner
runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
This one's obviously for the ladies, but the guys can chip in too. Most women say they want a good man, but how many of you have said that now or in the past and instead ended up falling for a bad boy? Also ladies, and please be honest, there's no judging here, which do you prefer? The bad boy or the nice guy?

And what's your take on the old saying that "nice guys always finish last"? This question is for both the ladies and the guys.

Replies

• bleedingdesu
    bleedingdesu Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Even though now I would not be dating ANY guy, back before I came out, the only guys I dated were rather nice.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Bad boys can be nice guys too. I mean, it really depends on what you mean by bad boys. I've never been interested in a man that didn't treat me the way I feel I deserve to be treated or one who doesn't treat me just as well as I treat him. I've always loved the nice guys, but the nice guys can have a naughty side ;)
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I would prefer the nice guys but always fall for the bad boys. Its a curse.
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    I think that any guy who refers to himself as a 'nice guy' most likely isn't.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Bad boys can be nice guys too. I mean, it really depends on what you mean by bad boys. I've never been interested in a man that didn't treat me the way I feel I deserve to be treated or one who doesn't treat me just as well as I treat him. I've always loved the nice guys, but the nice guys can have a naughty side ;)

Yeah...agree ^
    I'm never interested in a guy who's going to disrespect me or mistreat me.
    Nice guys are great... they can have a naughty side.
    Some guys have a rough profile but can be super sweet.
    So it depends on your definition of a bad guy.. lol.

I look for the good/nice ones.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I've seen too many girls be hurt by the "bad boy" type...but it depends on your definition of a bad boy.

In my mind, a bad boy is someone who has the persona of someone who is "dangerous" or...someone you don't take home to meet your mother.

I've met several of them and seen how they treat their girlfriends. I've also hugged those girlfriends when they cry because of how the guy treats them or stuff they get into.

I have never been attracted to someone who would hurt me-on purpose or not.

I've always been extremely attracted to the nice guy...and married one. Never dated a bad boy...by my definition.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    The bad boy that turns out to be a nice guy.. Fairytale maybe?

At first sight always the bad boys to be honest. Just something about them. However, I always end up with the nice guys!
  • stephx4
    stephx4 Posts: 810
    Options
    Ermmmm for done reason I'm always attracted to bad boys. I think it's more of the thrill and excitement that goes with them but needless to say my husband was once a bad boy and has completely changed to a nice guy that CAN be naughty when he wants ;)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    prefer the nice guy. it's ok if they used to get into a bunch of *kitten* when they were younger, so long as he doesn't treat me like dirt.
    As a dad, if they are formerly bad kid, they have a great advantage, bc they know what the kids are thinking, when they are lying, what they want for presents that even the kid hadn't thought of. so there are hidden benefits too.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I want a nice guy, a gentleman who will be loving and polite, but I usually end up realizing a couple months in that he's a total jerk and it ends quickly.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll be a bit more specific. By bad boy I don't necessarily mean someone who's disrespectful or abusive, although those do fit the bill. I'm mostly referring to the player type guys. You know, those guys who are mostly good looking and very charming but are habitual heart breakers. Hope that's specific enough!
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Actually not a fairy tale. I'm married to one. :-) He can definitely be an *kitten* to the world at large, but he treats me and the kids like we are the most important things in the world. He looks a bit rough, and he is distrustful of everyone, but I've never been treated better at any point by any other man in my life, except my dad.

Many girls, whether they want to admit it or not, go for the bad boy because it's "exciting" and "dangerous." It isn't until the first marriage falls apart and they have been treated like crap for years on end that they realize a bad boy is just going to mistreat them and use them, then walk away when they're done. I should know; I was married to one for eight years when I was younger. But he came across as a really nice, "aw shucks" kind of guy - no one believed just how bad it was between us, because you know, he was SUCH a nice guy. Or so it seemed.

Most of the time, girls are so caught up in trying to "reform" a bad boy, they don't notice the nice guy sitting on the sidelines just hoping for the chance to get the girl. Or the nice guy is firmly in the friend zone, so girls never give him a second look.

I disagree that guys who refer to themselves as "nice guys" usually are not. I've known several that couldn't gain ground with girls because they were perceived to be too nice.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Bad boys are for fun and nice guys are for marriage (not that nice guys aren't fun too but bad boys are NOT for serious relationships/marriage, they like to play too much. HAHA!)
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Actually not a fairy tale. I'm married to one. :-) He can definitely be an *kitten* to the world at large, but he treats me and the kids like we are the most important things in the world. He looks a bit rough, and he is distrustful of everyone, but I've never been treated better at any point by any other man in my life, except my dad.

You lucky you... :heart:

I fell in love with a bad boy a while ago. Acted like a real *kitten*, dark, moody. I had a feeling that there was much more to him and he turned out to be the most amazing guy I had ever met. Fell for him like a ton of bricks, head over heels, like never before. BUT... at the end he turned out to be a real douche. He wasn't who he said he was. He was still angry at the world and was looking for something wrong with me so he could hate me too. He succeeded.

Sooo... I'm staying away from badboys for a while, although there is nothing sexier than a bad boy that has a good heart and treats you like a diamond.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll be a bit more specific. By bad boy I don't necessarily mean someone who's disrespectful or abusive. I'm mostly referring to the player type guys. You know, those guys who are mostly good looking and very charming but are habitual heart breakers. Hope that's specific enough!

That just makes him a douche bag.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Good guys who look like bad boys and play a mean guitar.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Men are just men. In the end your will get phucked one way or another by them all. I welcome it.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    The "nice guys finish last" statement is something guys use when they are not getting laid, or when they have been put in the friend zone, and they stay around hoping that will change. That is all.
  • Cthodge
    Cthodge Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh really!!!! Lol
  • Cthodge
    Cthodge Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh Really !!!! Lol